Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by myndreamland
Was that your first communication with them or just a follow-up?
It was a follow-up about one account. I expect all the accounts to be processed the same way.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
what alternative people are seeing for reloadit? I don't see suitable alternative without monthly fee
you?
I just signed up for an paypower prepaid, it has a 5.95 monthly fee but also has online bill pay and should work with reloadit, I can get these easily at my local grocery stores(winn dixie) and there are tons of credit cards with bonuses at grocery stores.

netspend has a card without a monthly fee if you have activity but no bill pay and I have read of people getting shut down quickly.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Originally Posted by drdrew450
I just signed up for an paypower prepaid, it has a 5.95 monthly fee but also has online bill pay and should work with reloadit, I can get these easily at my local grocery stores(winn dixie) and there are tons of credit cards with bonuses at grocery stores.

netspend has a card without a monthly fee if you have activity but no bill pay and I have read of people getting shut down quickly.
What would be a good CC with bonuses at grocery stores? Amex Blue is limited to 6k/yr. Other cards such as BoA is like 2 or 3% but also capped quarterly or annually. The Penfed is for 3% uncapped but with very high credit score requirement. The 5% in-branch Citi requires caution. The only one I can think of is with Barclays...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Just called them. Played the dumb game about card being declined. Didn't have to provide anything. Rep said that I should be receiving a check in a week. I tried to push them into telling me what was the reason for the closure. It was along the line of "I haven't done anything at all on my account so why did you said that the account was closed due to the activity on the account?" Rep was apologetic but couldn't provide anything because she doesn't have any info other than the script.

Now the final thing that she said was very interesting. I'd love to hear from anyone who hasn't had their accounts closed yet. Anyone willing to pay a bill from their AN account just to try it out?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by drdrew450

there is report on this thread about eviction from paypower for the same behavior - exclusive bill paying.

so for me it's not safe as well, plus the monthly fee don't make it very attractive to me. Plus the same company stands behind paypower and reload it card.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I have this card, but have never activated it. I thought I could only use MPs. I think I can get reloadits, but I'm not sure it is worth it given the reports I've seen on here.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I have this card, but have never activated it. I thought I could only use MPs. I think I can get reloadits, but I'm not sure it is worth it given the reports I've seen on here.
Do it only if you have no other resort. Load it and immediately bill pay out. Don't keep large balance and be prepared to have them hold your funds for some time if they shut you down. I've got better ways of manufacturing spend so I'm not going to bother.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Well the plight to use a letter plus docs to get my wifes acct to stay open so she could bp her held $2k has failed. Called today (72+hrs after having given them everything by email) and they said acct is closed and they will send check to home.

Had trouble getting the guy to confirm a timeframe but he finally said up to 10-14 biz days from now, 6/19 so either theyve been lyin to everybody else or we should have just called when it was 7-10

Oh well...

NEXT!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
+1 what mintcilantro said, if I had an open account knowing what I now know I would do one or two MPs at a time so they couldn't hold more than that. Base your usage on your comfort level of being potentially without the funds for a time.
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Well the plight to use a letter plus docs to get my wifes acct to stay open so she could bp her held $2k has failed.
Yes it appears that fax thing was a load of baloney. NEXT!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:08 pm

Well the plight to use a letter plus docs to get my wifes acct to stay open so she could bp her held $2k has failed. Called today (72+hrs after having given them everything by email) and they said acct is closed and they will send check to home.

Had trouble getting the guy to confirm a timeframe but he finally said up to 10-14 biz days from now, 6/19 so either theyve been lyin to everybody else or we should have just called when it was 7-10

Oh well...

NEXT!
Sue the .......s
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:19 pm

What would be a good CC with bonuses at grocery stores? Amex Blue is limited to 6k/yr. Other cards such as BoA is like 2 or 3% but also capped quarterly or annually. The Penfed is for 3% uncapped but with very high credit score requirement. The 5% in-branch Citi requires caution. The only one I can think of is with Barclays...
wells fargo 5x grocery for 6 months (public offer is 3x)
amex hilton 5x at grocery
amex prg 2x at grocery
amex blue preferred 6% capped at $6000
barclays travelocity amex 2x at grocery(if you pick that category) works out to be 4% back if you redeem 20000 pts for $400 of travelocity purchases

these are what I have, I know there are more out there.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:23 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Just called them. Played the dumb game about card being declined. Didn't have to provide anything. Rep said that I should be receiving a check in a week. I tried to push them into telling me what was the reason for the closure. It was along the line of "I haven't done anything at all on my account so why did you said that the account was closed due to the activity on the account?" Rep was apologetic but couldn't provide anything because she doesn't have any info other than the script.

Now the final thing that she said was very interesting. I'd love to hear from anyone who hasn't had their accounts closed yet. Anyone willing to pay a bill from their AN account just to try it out?

I did it successfully a couple weeks ago and just paid another one today. The first was a credit card bill. The next to a property inspector?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:35 pm

Colour me GONE, opened with $1500(3 x $500) Reloadit. got my coin out,Beat them to the close.Thanks for BB, meets my needs its enough for me.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cuebert
+1 what mintcilantro said, if I had an open account knowing what I now know I would do one or two MPs at a time so they couldn't hold more than that. Base your usage on your comfort level of being potentially without the funds for a time.

Yes it appears that fax thing was a load of baloney. NEXT!
Originally Posted by Getiton
Sue the .......s
baloney indeed!

I would sue them only if by July 10, 14 biz days from tomorrow (one day after we called in to get this told to us) we don't see a check. Then again if we take off for a while in July or something, we would not get mail and would have to wait a bit longer lol

Methinks (and I could be wrong) that Acct now is just changing or going away so they are closing everyone. they will give you your money but they are ending it all for everyone. We were told it was due to acct activity (which was just bp like they allow) but who knows the real story. What I can say is that I have ALSO heard mumblings that people are having problems with moneypaks themselves, meaning the prob may stem from them not just this. Anyone else have any issues with MPs as of late?

There are other ways to use them so I am curious--before I get more, that is.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:00 pm

Anyone else have any issues with MPs as of late?
No issues with MPs, I just used a few today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.