Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:01 pm

I initiated a bp on 6/13, went out 6/17, no problem. Initiated another yesterday to wipe my account clean after reading all the news on here, logged in this morning without any issues, appears the bp went out just fine (balance shows $0) but may be too soon to tell.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:27 pm

Any idea how long it takes for checks to go out when you do bill pay? I believe I'm at 8 days now, and not arrived.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:53 pm

I've just got my AN card :-). I am ready to use the freedom of Visa.

Probably will do 1 MP -> bp at a time until it will get closed.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Originally Posted by LoveMountains
I've just got my AN card :-). I am ready to use the freedom of Visa.

Probably will do 1 MP -> bp at a time until it will get closed.
If I were you, I'd pay an extra buck just to stay in the game longer...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by Biggles209
I was also advised to apply again, and that there would be no problem getting approved. I was also told to call in and explain ahead of time what my usage pattern would be - that way I could avoid getting shut down.

I'll try this after I get my check from them.
I asked them when I opened account if I load acc with reload packs and pay rent would it be OK? ~1.5K month. They confirmed yes.
What we got - suspended account.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by Biggles209
I was also advised to apply again, and that there would be no problem getting approved. I was also told to call in and explain ahead of time what my usage pattern would be - that way I could avoid getting shut down.

I'll try this after I get my check from them.
Interesting. "Hi, I'll be doing some bill pay working within the limits you advertised." "Oh, go right ahead sir, no problem at all doing that."

Yeeeeeeah. (I may re-apply, I just won't risk leaving a large amount sitting in the account.)

I got a reply today to my recent e-mail asking for the account status after I faxed the baloney.

Dear cue (just the first name this time),

I have reviewed the status of your account. Unfortunately, the account is permanently closed. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thankyou,
AccountNow/Customer Sservice [sic]
Is there a Ssatisfaction Ssurvey?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by myndreamland
If I were you, I'd pay an extra buck just to stay in the game longer...
Are you saying to use it for billpay @ WMT?
What would be the point of that considering that MP's fees are the same as Visa GCs fees and I can use those for WMT billpay?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I'd also be very interested in learning if anyone here has successfully done a BP recently (since the wave of shutdowns, which appears to have begun around 6/14 and ran through a few days ago) - and has NOT had their account shut down as a result.

Anyone? Bueller?
Just paid my mortgage the other day. That's the only BP Ive used this card for. The rest is all large money orders at a local grocery store, and a few hundred in regular spending to keep them thinking I'm a regular user.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I have this card, and just activated it because I believed I could by reloadits with CC. After reading this thread, I don't think I want to bother with this product. I think I will stay with GB and BB. I was prepared to throw them some swipes to keep it happy, but it appears they don't even go for that. Smh.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
I used this card for over 5 months and each month with $5000 bill pay. Today I heard some news about shut down. When I log into my account, it shows the following information, any one has same experience?

Please select the option that best describes your claim:

If your claim involves a card or card number that was lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.

If your claim involves an issue that you cannot resolve with the merchant related to items you purchased or authorized.

If your claim involves an Automated Clearing House (ACH) Debit that has been deducted from your account.

If your claim involves an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) non-dispense of funds or an ATM incorrect dispense of funds.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
I used this card for over 5 months and each month with $5000 bill pay. Today I heard some news about shut down. When I log into my account, it shows the following information, any one has same experience?
You've been shut down. Call and ask them to send you a check for the balance on the account.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:50 pm

Are you saying to use it for billpay @ WMT?
What would be the point of that considering that MP's fees are the same as Visa GCs fees and I can use those for WMT billpay?
Most likely, we are not playing the same game

Idk why Visa GCs have any thing to do here. For me, RI + $1 = MP fee. I'd just pay 50c more for a MO.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by myndreamland
Most likely, we are not playing the same game

Idk why Visa GCs have any thing to do here. For me, RI + $1 = MP fee. I'd just pay 50c more for a MO.
Yep. Not the same game, since there are no RIs in my State. I was only looking at AN for MPs. But my source of MPs sells Visa GCs with the same fees as MPs. That is why my post was about Visas.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by pier11
I received their call yesterday informing me that they've got my documents and ready to send me check. I argued that I never requested check and want access to my account. They said it will go to management then... Waiting.
Called. Told it's "corporate decision" to close the acc. For cash load and bp. No way to reopen it, nowhere to object. Check in 10-14 bus days...
I can apply via site for new acc. But decision is on them.

I think that was their idea from the beginning. And it were no need to bother to send them all docs requested. (Serv at least removed restrictions after docs sent. Not this "bank".)

Funny that FTG promotes the accoutNow -- too late to the game.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:13 pm

Yep. Not the same game, since there are no RIs in my State. I was only looking at AN for MPs. But my source of MPs sells Visa GCs with the same fees as MPs. That is why my post was about Visas.
If you have access to the Visa from the same source with the same fees, stick with them. Why pay the same fees for more trouble? I'd gladly clean out the Visa GC rack at my source if there were any left. Vaguely remember once upon a time there was a $500 Visa GC there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.