Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:24 pm

Is there an easy way to check whether you had a balance when your account was closed? I believe mine was $0, and the automated system does say $0, but I'm not sure whether that means my memory is correct, or if they say $0 for all closed accounts.

If anyone who knows that they had money in their account can confirm whether the automated system still knew their balance, it would be much appreciated.

Phone reps have been unhelpful so far and keep asking me to mail in information, even if I want a check (which might be for $0).
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
Originally Posted by nonplus
Is there an easy way to check whether you had a balance when your account was closed? I believe mine was $0, and the automated system does say $0, but I'm not sure whether that means my memory is correct, or if they say $0 for all closed accounts.

If anyone who knows that they had money in their account can confirm whether the automated system still knew their balance, it would be much appreciated.

Phone reps have been unhelpful so far and keep asking me to mail in information, even if I want a check (which might be for $0).
The website showed my balance to be $0 even though I had about $450 in there. The phone rep knew exactly what the balance was.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
That was not my experience. My card was closed with the dispute form being displayed. When I called in, the automated system was able to correctly tell me the balance on the card. The rep didn't ask me to mail/fax in any info. She just have the check mailed out to me.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I called in to the robot, the account I was trying to re-open (they e-mailed back saying it was closed) reports a zero balance and other accounts have the amounts I deposited.

Does this mean I have to call in about every account to get a check?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cuebert
I called in, the account I was trying to re-open (and they e-mailed back saying it was closed) reports a zero balance and other accounts have the amounts I deposited.

Does this mean I have to call in about every account to get a check?
I would say yes you should

Or you could be me and try to be a woman on the phone to the overseas agent and talk in a high voice and on speaker to act as though I were my wife lol. She was away so I just wanted to call and get them to send the check now that our earlier attempt to keep the acct open failed.

Well the lady totally called me out and so I just hung up. Later my wife was available and she laughed and we called in and she got them to send the check. the agent laughed because the notes said something about how I called in instead of my wife and when I admitted it to him he said he understood because his wife hates calling CS too . As for her check... It will be, as I said, 10-14 biz days but whatever.

See, my wife hates this sort of thing. She doesn't mind doing miles and gigs and all the CCs etc but she totally hates the PP cards and the shammy small overseas companies and having to call them or be on the phone even for a minute just to verify herself. We have often joked that some teen ager from down the street in our neighborhood could BE the woman voice being her and then we have joked that if I had a voice changer I could do it. So when she was away at family I figured WTH I will try.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Originally Posted by Marathon Man

She was away so I just wanted to call and get them to send the check now that our earlier attempt to keep the acct open failed.
Oh well, I was planning to do the same thing.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myndreamland
Oh well, I was planning to do the same thing.
This is one of the "costs" to factor in and one more reason that may exist to avoid certain types of things. I think bb is pretty solid but i wont get my wife a pp card from another such service again. Not worth the trouble
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:26 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
question

are all of you having troubles using money pack?

I don't see much discussion about RI?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
No problems using MP with other cards - though I did get my WM Money Card shut down (for life) for using the RA $0 fee MPs.

What is RI? (PM?)
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:56 am

Late to the AN party. Worth jumping in now given all the closure reports? Seems CSR says to reapply, and not much trouble getting funds out, right?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy
are all of you having troubles using money pack?

I don't see much discussion about RI?
RI are as troublesome as MP.

I was shut down for two RI only (Repetitive cash load and bp -- their reason for closure).

Last edited by pier11; Jun 22, 2013 at 6:56 pm
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by jeckll
Late to the AN party. Worth jumping in now given all the closure reports? Seems CSR says to reapply, and not much trouble getting funds out, right?
nobody got funds yet. Too early to tell since shut down wave begun.

I'd not trust their words from my experience (read my posts in this thread if interested.)
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

methinks AN just was done with doing this stuff. They want out. Nothing wrong with RI or MP just done. That is why they stopped everyone. My only prob is I wish they gave us notice!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by pier11
nobody got funds yet. Too early to tell since shut down wave begun.

I'd not trust their words from my experience (read my posts in this thread if interested.)
I am waiting on my wife and my funds to be returned. $3000 total. Monday is the 10 days.....we will see......I'll call they do not arrive.....but, I suspect it will be longer.....I just hope the "checks are in the mail" as they say!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Gold
Shutdown while BP in progress

Anybody have experience with being shutdown while a billpay is in progress? My billpay was initiated on Friday and supposed to clear by Tuesday. I just logged today and saw the dispute page (the account was working fine yesterday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.