Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by glocklt4
This will not work - it puts your address on the check according to FM'er.
What won't work? Sending it to yourself?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Stoughton
What won't work? Sending it to yourself?
Check made out to IRS will have your address not theirs is what FM'er is reporting. This could complicate a payment to IRS. I guess i shouldn't say it won't work, but due to your address on the check the chances of working are lower.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:08 pm
jdl

Check made out to IRS will have your address not theirs is what FM'er is reporting. This could complicate a payment to IRS. I guess i shouldn't say it won't work, but due to your address on the check the chances of working are lower.
Why does your address being on the check lower the chances of it working?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Not if you enter the payee info manually. I sent a check to my father and they wouldn't know his name from the LA County tax assessors office.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:14 pm

Between car payments, mortgage, and using the card for daily spend, I should max out the yearly amount... so I probably won't bother with anything else.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:03 pm

OK, has anybody successfully paid their property tax with BB?

I've read that some have paid their Wells Fargo mortgage... but has anybody run into problems with this? Do you simply enter in your account number (and address, I presume) in the comments section? If taxes become an issue, I'll try paying my mortgage, but I'd really rather pay taxes. My main checking acct is with Wells. I'm worried that it'll raise some red flags if I pay my Wells mortgage if the checking account has more than enough cash in it!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Not if you enter the payee info manually. I sent a check to my father and they wouldn't know his name from the LA County tax assessors office.
Not sure I understand... So you're saying there was not his address on the check?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm worried that it'll raise some red flags if I pay my Wells mortgage if the checking account has more than enough cash in it!
Why would this matter? Wouldn't another plausible explanation just be that you wanted to use a different account, maybe because you're keeping the funds in your checking account for a different purpose or something. As long as your mortgage gets paid, it doesn't matter where the funds are coming from.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:43 pm

This will not work - it puts your address on the check according to FM'er.
I would not rely on someone who only knows the basics about these deals and even gets those wrong at times.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've read that some have paid their Wells Fargo mortgage... but has anybody run into problems with this? Do you simply enter in your account number (and address, I presume) in the comments section? If taxes become an issue, I'll try paying my mortgage, but I'd really rather pay taxes. My main checking acct is with Wells. I'm worried that it'll raise some red flags if I pay my Wells mortgage if the checking account has more than enough cash in it!
I tried citimortgage with $1 payment. It successfully reached my account but it looks like my mortgage requires the entire monthly payment to be paid at once in full (need to call and doublecheck on that) so $1 is sitting in some "additional funds received" account.

I'll probably just pay my other non-IB cc bill this month until i get a clear confirmation on mortgage payment details.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:31 am

Would buying Vanilla Reloads with Citi AA card at Office Depot be treated as cash advance by Citi, or still a purchase transaction like Ink?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:34 am

Anybody wonder why AMEX wants a SS# when singing up for BB?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Anybody wonder why AMEX wants a SS# when singing up for BB?
Because it's a bank-like product. Oddly my wife has an AMEX Prepaid card with her ITIN no problem, but cannot get a Bluebird card.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Would buying Vanilla Reloads with Citi AA card at Office Depot be treated as cash advance by Citi, or still a purchase transaction like Ink?
I bought VR with Citi HH last week and it looks like it's billed like a regular OD purchase.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
I bought VR with Citi HH last week and it looks like it's billed like a regular OD purchase.
Good to know, but i'll stick with IB's 5x miles for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.