Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I think the reloads are on the way. Last night, I spotted the elusive up to $500 Vanilla MC GC at my neighborhood WM. Today at my super WM, I found a bunch of the big dollar Visa GCs. Up till last night, I'd never seen anything loadable past $200 there. So they're starting to trickle in. But the big question is...will they take CC for the reloads, or will they go the Walgreens route: CC for the GC, cash for the reload. Sure hope it's the former!
WM cash registers are programmed to take cash for money packs so very likely they will do the same for the new reloads. At least that is the case for WMs in my area (tri-state).
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: spg gold
Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
I read on Fat Wallet that some posters are saying OD not selling beans anymore and in fact one claimed the store was told to destroy the cards.
Many others were told cash only for beans now at the depot also reported
I was able to buy some last night.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:36 am

Bank of America's Americard cash rewards gets 3% at gas stations, but only up to $1500 per quarter. They also give a 10% bonus when you redeem your rewards into a BoA checking account.

So buy 3 per quarter, pay $11.85 in fees. Earn 4511 points, deposit into BoA checking for $49.62 after 10% bonus. Free $37.77 per quarter. Not much, but something. You can only redeem in $25 increments, before the 10% is added though, so it won't work out evenly every quarter...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by mrredskin
Dodge's could be considered restaurant or gas. closest is 2.5 hours away so i can't verify
girl i know from Dodge's said credit cards can be used to pay for anything. unsure what cc would categorize, tho
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
I read on Fat Wallet that some posters are saying OD not selling beans anymore and in fact one claimed the store was told to destroy the cards.
Hmm, I wonder if this was a seemingly reputable Fatwallet member, or just someone trying to stir the pot. Or, somewhere in between those 2 extremes, if this was a local OD manager inventing corporate policy on the spot.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
flexperks 2x

Hmm Flexperks card I got during the Olympic promotion seems pretty good...2x points if they code it as grocery....20k points equals $400 flight that earns points.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by stealph
Hmm Flexperks card I got during the Olympic promotion seems pretty good...2x points if they code it as grocery....20k points equals $400 flight that earns points.
Amazon Visa almost as good... 2x points for gas/drugstore, 25k points for $400 flight.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:31 am

not true
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by jrreynolds
So with the new companies stocking the Vanilla cards.
The Hilton Surpass AMEX becomes a good 2nd option behind the Ink Cards.

They get 6 points for gas groceries and drug stores, which opens up
CVS, Walgreens, Valero, with a big presence in the northeast.

Walmart processes as groceries, seems illogical.
Does anyone know if Cumberland Farms is processed as a gas station or convenience store
I havent found a CVS or a Walgreens willing to take a CC. Same goes for a few gas station chains listed.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA ExP, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
ODs in Irvine are also out of beans
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by gfu18
ODs in Irvine are also out of beans
go to South Coast plaza, about 20 left yesterday
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Od on Katella in OC also out today
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:54 pm

F'me. No more PMs please. I need to go back to spy school and work on my code words.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:02 pm

Let's take it easy on discussion of new stores. There is plenty of info in here already. All we need is for MMS and his ilk to completely kill this before it really gets started.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Been having Bluebird problems. First, security check required sending SSN verification. Did that. Now each time I login, it says account locked, I can unlock it via email and new password and login to bluebird, but after I logout and try again it gives same error message.

Attempting to load vanilla gives me

We Apologize for the Inconvenience
Error Processing Transaction

We have NOT reloaded your card. The description of the error can be found below. Please print this screen for your records and contact Customer Service at: 1-877-429-8141

An error has occurred during this transaction. Please try again or contact a service representative for assistance. (90)

Wonder what's going on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.