Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FrequentDreamer
Ok so I've read this thread (ALL of it...) at least twice. Good info to be sure.

But, has *any*one seen Jelly Bellies in the inner Bay Area? I'm fine with just having fun with gift cards at Orifice Desperate to meet min spend but just curious. I have been to at least 7 Convenience Value Service (though that S part is debatable) and the rackus is emptius.
Welcome to FT.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: UR, *A, UA
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Welcome to FT.
cheers!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Billpay to PSE&G in New Jersey worked great. Payment rec'd and processed exactly on time.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:17 pm

Has anybody successfully used BillPay (online, no paper check) to pay property tax? I know this has been asked multiple times, but I don't recall ever seeing a clear answer. If so, what county or city? I want to pay my Los Angeles County tax, but my payment stub says "Los Angeles County Tax Collector" while BB has "Los Angeles County Tax CA" listed as one of their payees. I suppose they're the same, but I don't want any surprises.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:34 pm

Assuming you mean the SF Bay area.....

I've been to 3 of the same convenience stores in Oakland looking for beans and have found empty racks at all 3. At one store I saw where they *should* be, but there were none there. At the other 2 stores, I didn't see where, if they carried them, they would be.

Originally Posted by FrequentDreamer
Ok so I've read this thread (ALL of it...) at least twice. Good info to be sure.

But, has *any*one seen Jelly Bellies in the inner Bay Area? I'm fine with just having fun with gift cards at Orifice Desperate to meet min spend but just curious. I have been to at least 7 Convenience Value Service (though that S part is debatable) and the rackus is emptius.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Florida Power and Light

Any Floridians out there have set up bill pay FPL?

Do you use the hyphen on your account number?

I gather the zip code is the FPL zip code on the bill, but not your own zip code.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:11 pm

The 5 CVS stores I stopped at in Ohio over the last 3 weeks had VRs for sale using CC. Their racks have since dwindled down to nothing. The manager I talked to today expects a new shipment over the next two days. Has anyone out there actually seen their local CVS restock the racks after they have sold out?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:19 pm

Yes...don't worry and check back after a couple of days.

Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus
The 5 CVS stores I stopped at in Ohio over the last 3 weeks had VRs for sale using CC. Their racks have since dwindled down to nothing. The manager I talked to today expects a new shipment over the next two days. Has anyone out there actually seen their local CVS restock the racks after they have sold out?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by mwwalk
My only problem with the code is people who say CeeVeeSee instead of CeeVeeEss
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Has anybody successfully used BillPay (online, no paper check) to pay property tax? I know this has been asked multiple times, but I don't recall ever seeing a clear answer. If so, what county or city? I want to pay my Los Angeles County tax, but my payment stub says "Los Angeles County Tax Collector" while BB has "Los Angeles County Tax CA" listed as one of their payees. I suppose they're the same, but I don't want any surprises.
Used BB to pay Orange County property tax. Had absolutely no problems. Payment was recorded within a couple of days.

Would think you could go ahead and make the payment and if it does not post in a couple of days, you would still have a chance to pay via regular means.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:08 pm

Data point:
I've now been able to successfully pay off my Discover, Citi, Amex, and Wells Fargo CCs. Discover took the longest time to pay off.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:38 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
This may have been asked/mentioned before so I'm sorry if it has... I did not read through all 218 pages. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a visa gift card that can be used as a debit card? I know some of them say debit on them but those are normally rung up as a credit card at stores. I haven't done a lot of research on this but I figure I may give it a try at my local CVS that is no longer accepting credit cards for Vanilla Reloads... or try and find a local place that will sell me the green dot with a CC and go that route.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:53 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
This may have been asked/mentioned before so I'm sorry if it has... I did not read through all 218 pages. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a visa gift card that can be used as a debit card? I know some of them say debit on them but those are normally rung up as a credit card at stores. I haven't done a lot of research on this but I figure I may give it a try at my local CVS that is no longer accepting credit cards for Vanilla Reloads... or try and find a local place that will sell me the green dot with a CC and go that route.
To reload at wm you need to used a pin-based card. GCs say debit, but are not pin-based, so you are out of luck.

There are other things you can do with your gift cards...but not this.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bucko
I've been to 3 of the same convenience stores in Oakland looking for beans and have found empty racks at all 3. At one store I saw where they *should* be, but there were none there. At the other 2 stores, I didn't see where, if they carried them, they would be.
I've been on the same hunt. Nothing!!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:52 am

Buy other reload cards. Fund your Paypal acct with them. Get a Paypal debit card and then use it to fund your Bluebird

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.