Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
1. what happens if you only add $300 to a VR. can you add $200 at another location (just a hypothetical)?

2. can you reload the VR card if you've drained the $500 out of it?
How many VRs have you purchased?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
No, it's not.

You purchase it to reload a debit card. Just like it states on the card "Reload your Prepaid Card"
oh. (forgive me. i'm new to the churning/rewards game)
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
How many VRs have you purchased?
just 1 to test out the process
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Because it's free? And MO's get more scrutiny?

GD is different from InComm. I've spoken with a former GD exec and GDs are supposed to be hard-coded at store POS to only take cash.
If they are then they are not that hard coated!!! I have purchased them with CC multiple times.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:20 am

What "good old days" are you referring to? BB could never be used for MOs.

You cannot buy a MO with BB.

The easiest thing to do with bb is make random amount payments on your credit card for dates well prior to the due date. There is no fee. Don't cut it close on the payment date...just make random amount payments. Most major bank cc bills pay electronically from bb now....they aren't mailing checks to Chase or Citi.

This isn't about paying bills that you couldn't otherwise pay and earn points, it is simply about earning 5k points a month per bb account.

There is no need to ever visit Walmart to make bluebird work with VRs.

I hear you. I'm trying to mix in legit spend (bill pay) to stay under the radar. Too bad the MO thing wouldn't work. It would benefit WM (pull people into the store) as well.

Last edited by TimesTwo; Dec 30, 2012 at 9:03 am
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:34 am

This isn't about paying bills that you couldn't otherwise pay and earn points, it is simply about earning 5k points a month per bb account.
Actually for some of us this really is about paying bills that we couldn't otherwise pay and earn points. I have a very heavy student loan debt (thank you law school) and a mortgage to pay each month. I am ecstatic at the opportunity to earn 5,000 points on spending I could never previously earn points on. I am going to be very upset when this method dies because people are being greedy and sending money in a cycle without being intelligent about it.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by junglesmacks
So I've sifted through as many pages of side chatter as I can without getting a boiled down answer. Where's the filter extraneous posts button when you need it?

Point blank.. how are your loading your BB card with your VR card and what is the limit on that?
Go to the vanillareload.com website. Follow the instructions on the back of the VR card.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ddallas
Go to the vanillareload.com website. Follow the instructions on the back of the VR card.
I've read every Q&A in the FAQ on the VR site. Staring at it now. I'm still not seeing how you are able to use VR to transfer VR balance > BB..
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:35 am

I've read every Q&A in the FAQ on the VR site. Staring at it now. I'm still not seeing how you are able to use VR to transfer VR balance > BB..
Assuming you are serious... Go to their site, enter your BB card number and the VR pin number on the very first page. Voila.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:37 am

Look at the back of your VR card. It has instructions. "Go to vanillareload.com, enter your prepaid card number and PIN below"
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by ddallas
Look at the back of your VR card. It has instructions. "Go to vanillareload.com, enter your prepaid card number and PIN below"

I'm not asking how to load to your VR card. That's pretty simple.

I'm asking how you load your BB card with your VR card..

EDIT: Ok. Wait. Are you saying that VR and BB are on the same network.. so on the first page where it prompts you to "reload your card".. you enter your BB number.. then the PIN from the VR card.. and the transfer from the VR card is then applied to the BB card?

Last edited by junglesmacks; Dec 30, 2012 at 9:48 am
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:51 am

Are you saying...on the first page where it prompts you to "reload your card".. you enter your BB number.. then the PIN from the VR card.. and the transfer from the VR card is then applied to the BB card?
Correct.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EDIT: Ok. Wait. Are you saying that VR and BB are on the same network.. so on the first page where it prompts you to "reload your card".. you enter your BB number.. then the PIN from the VR card.. and the transfer from the VR card is then applied to the BB card?
Goodness.

Those are the EXACT instruction on how to load VR to the BB card or any card that is eligible to take VR. It is written in plain English at the back of VR card, and it is the VERY FIRST SCREEN you pull up when you follow the instruction to go to Vanillareload.com.

If you have trouble even understand this.... pray you never run into an error message else you would freak out...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.

1. Go to vanillareload.com

2. enter your prepaid card number

3. enter your VR PIN

The transfer from the VR card is TO THE PREPAID CARD NUMBER YOU ENTERED IN STEP #2.
VRs can reload onto a number of different prepaid card products...not just the Bluebird. You have to tell vanillareload.com which prepaid card product to load onto by ENTERING YOUR PREPAID CARD NUMBER.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:55 am

THANK YOU

I don't have a VR card in hand. I'm trying to figure this out beforehand. I have no back of the card to read and a couple of blank fields on a home page don't exactly spell this out.

Thank you for a clear and concise answer! This is why these threads go for 300+ pages with about 5 pages of actual, usable info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.