Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by junglesmacks
THANK YOU

I don't have a VR card in hand. I'm trying to figure this out beforehand. I have no back of the card to read and a couple of blank fields on a home page don't exactly spell this out.

Thank you for a clear and concise answer! This is why these threads go for 300+ pages with about 5 pages of actual, usable info.
because it takes at least 5 different replies.with the answer before people catch on?

Last edited by Stoughton; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:17 am
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
because it takes at least 5 different replies.with the answer before people cash on?
If all of the 5 different replies are ambiguous, yes. All it took was one person using clear and concise English and the problem was solved.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
If they are then they are not that hard coated!!! I have purchased them with CC multiple times.
All this stuff about "hard coated" and "hided" is why I continue to read this thread
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by myfrogger
All this stuff about "hard coated" and "hided" is why I continue to read this thread
what's wrong with hard coated? M&Ms would not exist without hard coated, although hided and payed perhaps are responsible for Paydays....
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by myfrogger
+1
Yeah, maybe people have been secreting VRs in cement overcoats.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If all of the 5 different replies are ambiguous, yes. All it took was one person using clear and concise English and the problem was solved.
All it takes to cut down wasteful postings is if each poster actually spends time to read the FAQ on the vendor's site, goes to the store to actually see the product... and more importantly, understand what a "prepaid card" is. The Vanillareload.com is almost intuitive if one understands what is a prepaid card and what is a PIN of the Vanilla Reloadable card. It is not a Rocket Science.

Besides such VERY BASIC info has been discussed VERY EARLY ON since the product first introduced. If anyone actually read the first 10 pages of this long thread, there should never be such BASIC question. Hence one poster replied saying "Assume you are serious..."

Last edited by Happy; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:43 am
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
All it takes to cut down wasteful postings is if each poster actually spend time to read the FAQ on the vendor's site, go to the store to actually see the product...

Besides such VERY BASIC info has been discussed VERY EARLY ON since the product first introduced.
My favorite BB story so far is a guy on FW Finance who tried to do a BT from Chase to his BB. And then waited 3 weeks to contact the parties, who claim the money went to a non US destination, but could really care less.
Imagine, a balance transfer from Chase to Bluebird, oh the horror....hided your head in shames.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by member7777
My favorite BB story so far is a guy on FW Finance who tried to do a BT from Chase to his BB. And then waited 3 weeks to contact the parties, who claim the money went to a non US destination, but could really care less.
Imagine, a balance transfer from Chase to Bluebird, oh the horror....hided your head in shames.
Was this for real or the poster just made up such stupid event? Given the guy took 3 weeks to follow up when the money is a no show?

A BT to a prepaid card?! And I suppose Chase would charge him the BT fee even it may be a 0% interest BT... No bank in today's environment would have 0 fee 0% BT...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:02 am

I just
1. call the phone number on the back of the VR
2. select the option to load VR onto a card
3. enter the BB card number
4. enter the scratch off number on back of the VR
5. listen to the recording of how much it is going to load
6. push the correct number to say 'yes' to continue to load (if the amount it tells you is correct).

viola~ it's done.

I have never loaded from the site, but over the phone is extremely easy. I did have one time where it said the number I entered (my BB #) was not eligible---which I knew was incorrect. So, I just pushed the option to speak with someone and they can load it for you over the phone.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shoreline
I just
1. call the phone number on the back of the VR
2. select the option to load VR onto a card
3. enter the BB card number
4. enter the scratch off number on back of the VR
5. listen to the recording of how much it is going to load
6. push the correct number to say 'yes' to continue to load (if the amount it tells you is correct).

viola~ it's done.

I have never loaded from the site, but over the phone is extremely easy. I did have one time where it said the number I entered (my BB #) was not eligible---which I knew was incorrect. So, I just pushed the option to speak with someone and they can load it for you over the phone.
I think most folks prefer to load it via website. I know I do. You can verify the number you enter on each space before you submit - and then it gives you a review page before you finalize it. I take screenshot on each step.

The issue here is, someone does not seem to even understand what a Prepaid Card is referred to, does not really read and try to understand the discussion of the product from the get-go (though too often such posters would always claim they have read pages...) and then ask some extremely BASIC question. To add insult to the injury, came back to accuse the thread is clogged up by useless information... The posters want a cliff note and then some volunteers to maintain the cliff note at every turn of the event ... in other words, spoon-feeding to the max...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:26 am
Suspended

Was this for real or the poster just made up such stupid event? Given the guy took 3 weeks to follow up when the money is a no show?

A BT to a prepaid card?! And I suppose Chase would charge him the BT fee even it may be a 0% interest BT... No bank in today's environment would have 0 fee 0% BT...
Uh, he was serious, but the even funnier part was I got "redded" (the past participle of red?) immediatley for suggesting it was folly.
On the other hand, Chase Slate had, possibly still has, 0% BT fee and 0% for 15 mo. get it while u can lol.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
I think most folks prefer to load it via website. I know I do. You can verify the number you enter on each space before you submit - and then it gives you a review page before you finalize it. I take screenshot on each step.
A screenshot of each step???

I would need my own Matrix to store that much info...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by thegasguru
A screenshot of each step???

I would need my own Matrix to store that much info...
plus a fountain of youth for the amount of time it would take...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: All of the Above
THANK YOU

I don't have a VR card in hand. I'm trying to figure this out beforehand. I have no back of the card to read and a couple of blank fields on a home page don't exactly spell this out.

Thank you for a clear and concise answer! This is why these threads go for 300+ pages with about 5 pages of actual, usable info.
Ha! There's many pages of great info, you just missed it! Back somewhere between pages 220-240 was the location of the Fountain of Youth. It's a good thing you missed it! We don't want too many people in the water at once!

Quit asking people to spoonfeed you and read. There's many a blogs that love spoonfeeding those that can't or don't want to feed themselves.

Edit to add: Didn't know that gasguru was looking for the Fountain of Youth also! I posted this before I realized he typed that. Good think the location is hidden earlier in the thread!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
This isn't about paying bills that you couldn't otherwise pay and earn points, it is simply about earning 5k points a month per bb account.
Originally Posted by setho212
Actually for some of us this really is about paying bills that we couldn't otherwise pay and earn points. I have a very heavy student loan debt (thank you law school) and a mortgage to pay each month. I am ecstatic at the opportunity to earn 5,000 points on spending I could never previously earn points on. I am going to be very upset when this method dies because people are being greedy and sending money in a cycle without being intelligent about it.
You can only cycle $5000 through a BB account each month. It doesn't matter where that money eventually goes, you are still capped at $5000. Given that it's extremely easy to use the funds in a BB account without just withdrawing to your own bank account, it's ok if you can't use the funds to pay off your mortgage, students loans, etc., because you can still get the $5000 spend per month. For example, I could never get BB to work with my student loans creditor. There was no point in getting upset, though, as I could still easily send $5000 elsewhere. The end result is the same.

I've read every Q&A in the FAQ on the VR site. Staring at it now. I'm still not seeing how you are able to use VR to transfer VR balance > BB..
You should have tried reading the BB FAQ:

How do I deposit cash with a reload pack?

1.Purchase a Vanilla Reload Pack with cash. A third party purchase fee – typically $3.95 – will be added to your total.

2.Visit www.VanillaReload.com or call 1-877-429-8140 to transfer your money from the Vanilla Reload Pack to your Bluebird Account. You will need to have both your Bluebird Card number and the Vanilla Reload PIN from the Network Card handy.

3. After the transfer, the money will be available immediately on your Card.

Coupled with the VR homepage or not, is that really all that ambiguous?

THANK YOU

These pages go on for about 300+ pages with 5 pages of actual info for several reasons. One of those reasons is that people don't read the FAQs and Ts&Cs of the products they are considering using, which should really be the starting point for any of these tools.

Another reason is that people are terrified to experiment on their own and want a free, professionally-produced walkthrough sent to them before they get started.

Another is that after people come on here requesting said walkthrough, others like to pile-on with posts about how absurd their requests are and how the information is readily available. (The funniest part of it all is that the walkthroughs do exist.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.