Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by keirnna
Sorry, what's an AA?
It's the part where Chase shuts down your account for perk abuse (more generically, Adverse Action).
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
It's the part where Chase shuts down your account for perk abuse (more generically, Adverse Action).
When it happens it will come in waves and if you are playing this game it will be too late for you to do anything about it. I am working on the premise that all my cards will be shut down.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by QL_714
When it happens it will come in waves and if you are playing this game it will be too late for you to do anything about it. I am working on the premise that all my cards will be shut down.
Anyone playing this game has to assume that is always the case. The game is played at the margins, and the margin line is drawn by the Cardinals. None of us truly "knows" where the line is, only when we have gone too far to the wrong side of it and that all of the cards will be shut down. Very few will admit when this happens of course.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Anyone playing this game has to assume that is always the case. The game is played at the margins, and the margin line is drawn by the Cardinals. None of us truly "knows" where the line is, only when we have gone too far to the wrong side of it and that all of the cards will be shut down. Very few will admit when this happens of course.
Just make sure the profit is high enough to make it worth your time. The next deal is right around the corner and then at your nearest blog days later. I am waiting for the day that a blog has one of these deals.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Just make sure the profit is high enough to make it worth your time. The next deal is right around the corner and then at your nearest blog days later. I am waiting for the day that a blog has one of these deals.
Fortunately, my time is quite worthless, so even .01x things I'd have to consider .
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Fortunately, my time is quite worthless, so even .01x things I'd have to consider .
Even at that rate if the scale is high enough you will be highly paid. If that does not work you can always take the low road and start a blog or pimp out referral sites. Sure is a lot of that going on!!!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by emptiness
you should be glad that they were out of stock. why you want chase to ban you for perk abuse?
i dont have a chase card, and just wanted to get 2 of them to complete my amex spending... no luck.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse
i dont have a chase card, and just wanted to get 2 of them to complete my amex spending... no luck.
Just keep looking and try stores you would never think of trying.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Even at that rate if the scale is high enough you will be highly paid. If that does not work you can always take the low road and start a blog or pimp out referral sites. Sure is a lot of that going on!!!
Ah, the blog low road - so much easier, copy/paste some FT posts, add in something-something-Ink Bold, something-something-Maldives, something-something-value proposition, something-something-AMEX Platinum, lather rinse repeat...

Hey I think I've got my first blog post already!!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
OT. . .I got a notice that AA shopping mall has 2x miles for some purchases through the end of Dec.

If I use my Ink for purchases will I get 5X UR points if I purchase something from OD plus 4x AA miles? The only gift cards I could find were OD, restaurant and gas but with Christmas coming those work for my DD.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by wise2u
why not all Family Dollar and a few Vallero and Walgreens...better to use regular cc there and save OD beans for inkers
If I had those options avaliable to me I would certinly be using them. Evidence suggests there are no other "inkers" in my metro area, such as it is.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Ah, the blog low road - so much easier, copy/paste some FT posts, add in something-something-Ink Bold, something-something-Maldives, something-something-value proposition, something-something-AMEX Platinum, lather rinse repeat...

Hey I think I've got my first blog post already!!
Do you really want to sell your soul for a few bucks?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: many
Do you really want to sell your soul for a few bucks?
What soul?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:36 am
jk2

I need to pay property taxes and my county is listed in BB's payees. However, I got this annoying error that my account # or zip code is invalid. I read here that I need to enter full 9 digit zipcode (payees, not mine), but it doesn't help. Should I call customer service?

Another question - is it correct that ACH debit is not working with BB? Another option to pay property taxes is E-check on county's website, but I read here that people's payments outside BB with using account/routing numbers didn't work.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jk2
I need to pay property taxes and my county is listed in BB's payees. However, I got this annoying error that my account # or zip code is invalid. I read here that I need to enter full 9 digit zipcode (payees, not mine), but it doesn't help. Should I call customer service?

Another question - is it correct that ACH debit is not working with BB? Another option to pay property taxes is E-check on county's website, but I read here that people's payments outside BB with using account/routing numbers didn't work.
It appears that an ACH pull will not work. It needs to be a push.

And without BB having the option to set reoccurring payments, that makes it a pain to use for bills (IMHO)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.