FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

freetravelguys Dec 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline (Post 19870555)
I'd like to see someone try this one.:p
If you are successful, you will have a bigger issue than AP to worry about.:D

Obviously the issue is not actually having multiple SSN. I'm sure that's not what's happening. Entering made-up SSNs is a different story and that's what I believe some people do. Certainly something I'm not interested in doing either way and I personally use the service in a more "legitimate" way.

TheDream Dec 17, 2012 5:25 am

Does anyone else have any problems even sending a payment? I created an account a couple days ago, but each time I try to send a trial payment I get the message:

Important Message:
An error occurred when we tried to process your request.

Has this happened to other people? I live outside the US, would that make a difference? I'm hoping to churn a couple CCs soon but really need AP to help me hit the spends on them.

AlohaDaveKennedy Dec 17, 2012 7:29 am

Keep Any Tradecraft Off the Boards

Guys, keep this type of stuff in PMs. Details of any opportunity don't belong on the boards and blogs. Loose lips sink mints!

Originally Posted by Slybone (Post 19869523)
How can 1 person create multiple AP accounts?

AlohaDaveKennedy Dec 17, 2012 7:33 am

Yeah,Cardinal Fang will be the least of your worries if you play identity theft. Leave that game to the Mossad and CIA folk.:cool:

Originally Posted by shoreline (Post 19870555)
I'd like to see someone try this one.:p
If you are successful, you will have a bigger issue than AP to worry about.:D

gpapadop Dec 17, 2012 8:02 am

>>>>>>Leave that game to the Mossad and CIA folk.

Rumor has it that they monitor this board for "suspicious" activity. No smiley inserted here;-)

MidnightLight Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by TheDream (Post 19871586)
Does anyone else have any problems even sending a payment? I created an account a couple days ago, but each time I try to send a trial payment I get the message:

Important Message:
An error occurred when we tried to process your request.

Has this happened to other people? I live outside the US, would that make a difference? I'm hoping to churn a couple CCs soon but really need AP to help me hit the spends on them.

They've tightened up some of their account verification processes in recent weeks. Some tricks which some folks were using apparently now no longer work.

And that's about as much as I'm going to say on this issue...

redtop43 Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 19861004)
And in addition an unlimited gift exemption between spouses thanks to unlimited marital deduction

Unless your spouse is not a U.S. citizen. Although the limit for non-citizen spouses is high enough to not worry about for AP purposes.

ma91pmh Dec 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 19903201)
Unless your spouse is not a U.S. citizen. Although the limit for non-citizen spouses is high enough to not worry about for AP purposes.

yes we are definitely getting into the niches now, though looking at it we are both married to canadians living in rdu area. but $133k per year should cover any major amazon payments farming :)

AlohaDaveKennedy Dec 22, 2012 2:31 pm

No smiley taken. ;-) Blackbirds and Redbirds are always hunting for clotheslines to land on.

Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 19872237)
>>>>>>Leave that game to the Mossad and CIA folk.

Rumor has it that they monitor this board for "suspicious" activity. No smiley inserted here;-)

AlohaDaveKennedy Dec 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Indeed - my evil twin now walks the jungle along the river. :cool:

Originally Posted by MidnightLight (Post 19902915)
They've tightened up some of their account verification processes in recent weeks. Some tricks which some folks were using apparently now no longer work.

And that's about as much as I'm going to say on this issue...

philosopherking Dec 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Is this legal?

Can you fund a shell company using revolving credit.

For example, set up a shell company/LLC. Instead of transferring cash into Owner's equity/assets of said shell company, I would use credit cards to fund it such as sending the shell company payments through amazon as purchases or getting revolving credit loans from banks/P2P lending sites. Once the money transfer goes through, the purchase shows up on the credit cards (to reach max spend for miles) and I would then dissolve the shell company, take the assets back and pay off the credit card bills/loans.

I know this is border line purchasing fraud, but in the end the credit card company gets paid back- every one gets paid back except I get the x amount of miles. Thus, no fraud because nothing was stolen (unless I am overlooking some precedence on miles theft).

Again, is there a legal way to use a shell company/LLc to reach not only spending requirements but maximum amount of miles reached (depending on how big your revolving credit limit is)?

Teamstone Dec 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Have no idea if this illegal or legal, but you would be stuck with the merchant credit card fees which range from 2% to 4%.

zitsky Dec 23, 2012 8:21 pm

If you have to ask, it's probably illegal. Consult a lawyer.

dw Dec 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Teamstone (Post 19912198)
Have no idea if this illegal or legal, but you would be stuck with the merchant credit card fees which range from 2% to 4%.

As far as your credit cards are concerned, funding a shell co would be no different than sending money to a friend. The issue would be less with the mechanics of the shell co than how you would get the funds from your ccs to the co, and how to avoid paying the 2-4% fee. It's unlikely you'll be able to do it in a way that will make the rewards worthwhile.

philosopherking Dec 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Funds go to shell co using amazon payments- no cc merchant fee. Or through paypal. IFF such action is legal.