FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1896407-malaysia-golden-lounges-klia-post-renovations.html)

clubeurope Apr 26, 2019 3:50 am

Originally Posted by bchang (Post 31038027)

I’m surprised there wasn’t a noodle soup option at the CX lounge. Were you there between lunch and dinner or between breakfast and lunch perhaps? The noodle soups are much better than what you get at MH lounges imo.

i didn't know they even had a noodle bar in the KL CX Lounge?

Non Compos Mentis Apr 26, 2019 6:43 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 31038764)

I meant the self-serve noodle soup option. Selection varies. These are photos from a recent visit.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...470ccba7f1.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9e7cb43c92.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...98b1d0c5e4.jpg

Non Compos Mentis Apr 26, 2019 6:44 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 31038764)

Definitely not the cooked to order noodle bars available at HKG and LHR.

Paren May 4, 2019 4:20 am

Hi

I'll be flying MAS J to DPS.

Is the Satellite lounge the one to go for? If so, does anyone know how far it will be from the gate (assuming they use the same gates)?

Thanks!

clubeurope May 4, 2019 4:50 am

Really depends what flight you're on. If you're taking the flight operated by the A330, chances are your gate will be at the Satellite terminal. If your flight is operated by the 737s, then it's a lot more likely to be in the main terminal.

Walking from lounge and taking the to the other terminal will take around 10-15 mins total.

Personally, I prefer the satellite lounge over the regional one, but that's just me.

Paren May 4, 2019 6:03 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 31065890)
Really depends what flight you're on. If you're taking the flight operated by the A330, chances are your gate will be at the Satellite terminal. If your flight is operated by the 737s, then it's a lot more likely to be in the main terminal.

Walking from lounge and taking the to the other terminal will take around 10-15 mins total.

Personally, I prefer the satellite lounge over the regional one, but that's just me.

Thanks! Indeed it's 737. I tried for an A330 but no Avios redemption opportunities for the dates I wanted sadly.

"taking the to the other terminal" - I assume you mean train? :) If so, then you mean I need to take the train from the main terminal to satellite and back again?

clubeurope May 4, 2019 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Paren (Post 31066035)
Thanks! Indeed it's 737. I tried for an A330 but no Avios redemption opportunities for the dates I wanted sadly.

"taking the to the other terminal" - I assume you mean train? :) If so, then you mean I need to take the train from the main terminal to satellite and back again?

Silly me! Indeed, I meant the train. If you are starting your journey from KLIA, then you will be at the Main Terminal, so no need to take the train if you're using the Regional Lounge. But if you want to use the Satellite Lounge, then you do need to take the train there and back (which can be a hassle, depending on what you want), just as you said.

Though, if you're connecting from a long haul flight, you're almost guaranteed that you will be disembarking at the Satellite terminal.

londonexpert May 4, 2019 10:43 am

There is a CX Noodle Bar at the CX PEN Lounge (Made to ORder)

carrotjuice May 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Arrived at the satellite lounge at 5 pm, headed to the F (er, Business Suite) dining room and was told they are only serving high tea - a 3 tier platter that mainly comprises western style sandwiches and pastries. Whatever folks were eating looked terribly uninspiring. Apparently this was the “new menu” since 1 April - no other food is available. So I asked to go to the J lounge where they had a fairly decent local spread of murtabak, spring rolls, dim sum, an aglio olio penne dish and soup at the buffet; plus the usual laksa and wonton noodles cooked to order.

It’s silly that MH tries to operate an F lounge but food served is largely limited in variety and at times inferior in quality.

blum81 May 18, 2019 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 31114710)
It’s silly that MH tries to operate an F lounge but food served is largely limited in variety and at times inferior in quality.

Agree on this. One time the food took so long I just left and walked over to the J side and got my own food.

I don't even bother with the F lounge anymore and just go straight to the J lounge. The staff always tell me to go right to enjoy the F lounge but I tell them I'll go left instead lol.

teemuflyer May 19, 2019 6:55 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 31114710)
Arrived at the satellite lounge at 5 pm, headed to the F (er, Business Suite) dining room and was told they are only serving high tea - a 3 tier platter that mainly comprises western style sandwiches and pastries. Whatever folks were eating looked terribly uninspiring. Apparently this was the “new menu” since 1 April - no other food is available. So I asked to go to the J lounge where they had a fairly decent local spread of murtabak, spring rolls, dim sum, an aglio olio penne dish and soup at the buffet; plus the usual laksa and wonton noodles cooked to order.

Originally Posted by blum81 (Post 31115535)
Agree on this. One time the food took so long I just left and walked over to the J side and got my own food.

I don't even bother with the F lounge anymore and just go straight to the J lounge. The staff always tell me to go right to enjoy the F lounge but I tell them I'll go left instead lol.

Disappointing to hear, but not too surprising. Do they have the made to order spaghetti stand at the satellite J lounge like they do in the main terminal? Enjoyed that quite a bit on my last few visits while the satellite lounges were under renovation.

carrotjuice May 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Bam! Bam! Bam!!

For those who think that they can get some sleep in the F resting rooms, I’m not sure if you really can.

Had a 3+ hour connection last week at night, and I was trying to catch up on sleep there.

Looking into the male section of the nap area, there are 3 chaise lounges on the left (all occupied) and 2 on the right. So I took one of the 2 remaining on the right.

Intermittently I heard banging noises - bam... bam... bam! Like someone hammering onto something.

I thought it was strange that MH decided to do some renovation work next door...

After about 20 mins or so, I decided to ask the attendant to let me go through the back door (which needed a staff PIN code) to see what was causing the persistent, banging noises.

It turned out the noise was made by anyone who opened and closed the doors of the business class toilets next door! The doors are all not soft closing. Rather bad design!

tchron Jun 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Anyone have data points of what they serve for breakfast these days? I have a KA flight coming up soon and I haven't been to the MH lounge in about 7+ years.

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 30929168)
Finally, it feels sad that the orange juice they serve, even in the “Platinum” section is the same orange fluorescent liquid you find on board.

Originally Posted by MKE-MR (Post 30930348)
Linen napkins at breakfast last week.
But totally agree about the "orange" "juice" (I'm pretty sure neither of those words is accurate to describe that stuff).

I used to love that "orange" "juice" when I was a kid. Might need a trip down memory lane.

clubeurope Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Last I had Breakfast there, they had both Nasi lemak and Kaya Toast, among others

dici Jun 11, 2019 2:08 am

The morning rush hour in regional lounge is crazy.... nasi lemak running out of nice :(