FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1896407-malaysia-golden-lounges-klia-post-renovations.html)

Quik! Feb 28, 18 9:48 pm

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)
 
Sorry, my bad, it's now opened!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...ce/lounge.html

klausa Mar 1, 18 12:16 am

Can confirm that it's now open. As a lowly BA Silver I only got to visit the C lounge, but it is visually stunning. Not as private as the new CX F lounges, but almost as cosy. I'll take a few pictures, try the laksa and see if I can sneak into the F part to take some photos and report back.

Because inevitably this will the first question asked: no champagne in the C section, but a prefectly nice sparklling wine available.

klausa Mar 1, 18 1:18 am

ok, apologies for slightly chaotic order and low quality pics, but i'm already gone from there and off to Saigon, so I took the pics mostly on the move and didn't have much time to mess around with post-processing ;P

one thing the Wi-FI in the lounge is rather slow. I also saw some pax getting plates of pasta delivered to their seats, but I didn't see any menus anywhere, so I'm not sure what's the deal with that.

all in all, looks like an excellent lounge, great job MH!

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6db3a6f00a.jpg

outside
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4040d38902.jpg

check-in desk
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2ff37b579b.jpg

entry to the bar on the left
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...26cae159e0.jpg

bar on the left to the entrance
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...50a1dc657b.jpg

bar
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...23ce028162.jpg

acceptable sparkling wine
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2afdbce751.jpg

view immediately after entering the lounge
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e3b3fcb3ba.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...726ca12300.jpg

laksa bar
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8f0fa56820.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7ee5a13e2d.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7cd571560d.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6f82ef220d.jpg

seating like this is along the length of the lounge
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a472d5f4e7.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b0cf744bbb.jpg

nap rooms
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ddd8974b67.jpg

look from the back of the lounge
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e88a9ab637.jpg

neat family room
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...73dd17d505.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a15c237527.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5488070743.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b9523790ce.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...06cb64526a.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...abbf74744d.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3d2d2a31a4.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...404135dc48.jpg

entry to the F section
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...dafa4eed0b.jpg

F section
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b89df0ba3c.jpg

private room in the Flounge
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e765eb0288.jpg

Flounge
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...850b2d00b7.jpg

dining room in Flougne

MKE-MR Mar 1, 18 2:51 am


Originally Posted by d00t (Post 29468450)
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8635b274dc.jpg

Inching closer... The coming soon sign being torn down tonight .

That's cause it's no longer coming soon--it's now delayed indefinitely :D

In all seriousness, looks like a big upgrade for the C side. I was not of the opinion that F needed too much, but from the few pictures, the new colours are nice. Will check it out on Monday, how convenient.

msm2000uk Mar 1, 18 5:50 am

Great photos klausa

M

wuileng Mar 1, 18 5:51 am

Any improvements/expansions in the F&B offering (especially on the F side if anyone has tried the a la carte dining)? Or is it pretty much the same apart from the updated furnishings?

NoY Mar 1, 18 6:24 am


Originally Posted by wuileng (Post 29472411)
Any improvements/expansions in the F&B offering (especially on the F side if anyone has tried the a la carte dining)? Or is it pretty much the same apart from the updated furnishings?

I do hope (& expect) that the F lounge catering has improved - the Regional Lounge food has. The last time I tried the so-called a'lacarte food in the F Lounge it was so disgusting I left most of it :eek:

teemuflyer Mar 1, 18 7:18 am


Originally Posted by NoY (Post 29472490)
I do hope (& expect) that the F lounge catering has improved - the Regional Lounge food has. The last time I tried the so-called a'lacarte food in the F Lounge it was so disgusting I left most of it :eek:

Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, but I do hope they kept the ribeye steak with the rotating sauces.

I'm have always been amused when they have asked for my BP to write down my name somewhere in the back office when I have ordered the steak done rare.. apparently they want to keep a record in case any "issues" arise from the rare meat.

sxc Mar 1, 18 8:56 am

Some details of the F dining here:

ESFLYER95 Mar 1, 18 9:29 am


Originally Posted by NoY (Post 29472490)
I do hope (& expect) that the F lounge catering has improved - the Regional Lounge food has. The last time I tried the so-called a'lacarte food in the F Lounge it was so disgusting I left most of it :eek:

Every time I have had the steak it has been terrible also.

Guy Betsy Mar 1, 18 8:48 pm

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d5cf273f0.jpg

First class section menu for lunch and finner. Menus change weekly.
The steak is gone. The menus will change every week apparently. Today's choices were sea bass or grilled chicken. And pasta. I'll attach the menu later. For some reason Chrome not cooperating in uploading my pics.

NoY Mar 1, 18 9:10 pm


Originally Posted by ESFLYER95 (Post 29473227)
Every time I have had the steak it has been terrible also.

Yes, the steak was really really bad :eek: Then again everything was - even the Champagne was swill. Sad, because on board MH were/are good!

NoY Mar 1, 18 9:11 pm


Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 29475367)
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d5cf273f0.jpg

First class section menu for lunch and finner. Menus change weekly.
The steak is gone. The menus will change every week apparently. Today's choices were sea bass or grilled chicken. And pasta. I'll attach the menu later. For some reason Chrome not cooperating in uploading my pics.

Looks like a step up...but the proof of the pudding.......thanks for posting..

klausa Mar 2, 18 1:56 am

Hrm, I imagine the tagliatelle is what I saw people being handed in the C lounge yesterday and the Laksa/Won Ton noodle soup is also probably from the Noodle Station in the Clounge.

kaffir76 Mar 2, 18 2:48 am

Looks awesome!
 

Originally Posted by klausa (Post 29471828)
Can confirm that it's now open. As a lowly BA Silver I only got to visit the C lounge, but it is visually stunning. Not as private as the new CX F lounges, but almost as cosy. I'll take a few pictures, try the laksa and see if I can sneak into the F part to take some photos and report back.
Because inevitably this will the first question asked: no champagne in the C section, but a prefectly nice sparklling wine available.

Great pics!
There never was champagne for C for the last few years. The sparkling wine is the same as pre-reno.
The bar looks the same but with more tables & seating.
The lounge itself looks brighter & cleaner. The noodle bar looks neater & more professional now vs the old one.
Def. an upgrade over the old lounge.
Well done MH! Will have to pop by one of these days :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.