Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

Arrivals access has now changed, as noted earlier this post and now explicitly in MH’s FAQs, to now only be available to Enrich Platinums + 1 guest: https://www.askmh.malaysiaairlines.c...al-destination
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer

Sorry, my bad, it's now opened!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...ce/lounge.html
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:16 am

Can confirm that it's now open. As a lowly BA Silver I only got to visit the C lounge, but it is visually stunning. Not as private as the new CX F lounges, but almost as cosy. I'll take a few pictures, try the laksa and see if I can sneak into the F part to take some photos and report back.

Because inevitably this will the first question asked: no champagne in the C section, but a prefectly nice sparklling wine available.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:18 am

ok, apologies for slightly chaotic order and low quality pics, but i'm already gone from there and off to Saigon, so I took the pics mostly on the move and didn't have much time to mess around with post-processing ;P

one thing — the Wi-FI in the lounge is rather slow. I also saw some pax getting plates of pasta delivered to their seats, but I didn't see any menus anywhere, so I'm not sure what's the deal with that.

all in all, looks like an excellent lounge, great job MH!

outside

check-in desk

entry to the bar on the left

bar on the left to the entrance

bar

acceptable sparkling wine

view immediately after entering the lounge

laksa bar

seating like this is along the length of the lounge

nap rooms

look from the back of the lounge

neat family room

entry to the F section

F section

private room in the Flounge

Flounge

dining room in Flougne
Alawyer, Fahad1 and kaffir76 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by d00t

Inching closer... The coming soon sign being torn down tonight .
That's cause it's no longer coming soon--it's now delayed indefinitely

In all seriousness, looks like a big upgrade for the C side. I was not of the opinion that F needed too much, but from the few pictures, the new colours are nice. Will check it out on Monday, how convenient.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Great photos klausa

M
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any improvements/expansions in the F&B offering (especially on the F side if anyone has tried the a la carte dining)? Or is it pretty much the same apart from the updated furnishings?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:24 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Central The1 Exclusive
Originally Posted by wuileng
Any improvements/expansions in the F&B offering (especially on the F side if anyone has tried the a la carte dining)? Or is it pretty much the same apart from the updated furnishings?
I do hope (& expect) that the F lounge catering has improved - the Regional Lounge food has. The last time I tried the so-called a'lacarte food in the F Lounge it was so disgusting I left most of it
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
I do hope (& expect) that the F lounge catering has improved - the Regional Lounge food has. The last time I tried the so-called a'lacarte food in the F Lounge it was so disgusting I left most of it
Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, but I do hope they kept the ribeye steak with the rotating sauces.

I'm have always been amused when they have asked for my BP to write down my name somewhere in the back office when I have ordered the steak done rare.. apparently they want to keep a record in case any "issues" arise from the rare meat.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Some details of the F dining here:
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
Every time I have had the steak it has been terrible also.

Last edited by ESFLYER95; Mar 1, 2018 at 9:40 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

First class section menu for lunch and finner. Menus change weekly.
The steak is gone. The menus will change every week apparently. Today's choices were sea bass or grilled chicken. And pasta. I'll attach the menu later. For some reason Chrome not cooperating in uploading my pics.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:10 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Central The1 Exclusive
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Every time I have had the steak it has been terrible also.
Yes, the steak was really really bad Then again everything was - even the Champagne was swill. Sad, because on board MH were/are good!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:11 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

First class section menu for lunch and finner. Menus change weekly.
The steak is gone. The menus will change every week apparently. Today's choices were sea bass or grilled chicken. And pasta. I'll attach the menu later. For some reason Chrome not cooperating in uploading my pics.
Looks like a step up...but the proof of the pudding.......thanks for posting..
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:56 am

Hrm, I imagine the tagliatelle is what I saw people being handed in the C lounge yesterday and the Laksa/Won Ton noodle soup is also probably from the Noodle Station in the Clounge.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up Looks awesome!

Originally Posted by klausa
Can confirm that it's now open. As a lowly BA Silver I only got to visit the C lounge, but it is visually stunning. Not as private as the new CX F lounges, but almost as cosy. I'll take a few pictures, try the laksa and see if I can sneak into the F part to take some photos and report back.
Because inevitably this will the first question asked: no champagne in the C section, but a prefectly nice sparklling wine available.
Great pics!
There never was champagne for C for the last few years. The sparkling wine is the same as pre-reno.
The bar looks the same but with more tables & seating.
The lounge itself looks brighter & cleaner. The noodle bar looks neater & more professional now vs the old one.
Def. an upgrade over the old lounge.
Well done MH! Will have to pop by one of these days
clubeurope likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.