Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 30, 18, 7:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: crackjack
Wiki Link
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.
To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.
This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge. It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH F passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH F passengers.) Open 24hrs.
This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only. This lounge may also be used by arriving passengers on MH flights either having flown MH First / Business or with Enrich Platinum / Gold status only can also use this lounge - no access for OWE / OWS.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 28, 18, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer

Sorry, my bad, it's now opened!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...ce/lounge.html
Old Mar 1, 18, 12:16 am

Can confirm that it's now open. As a lowly BA Silver I only got to visit the C lounge, but it is visually stunning. Not as private as the new CX F lounges, but almost as cosy. I'll take a few pictures, try the laksa and see if I can sneak into the F part to take some photos and report back.

Because inevitably this will the first question asked: no champagne in the C section, but a prefectly nice sparklling wine available.
Old Mar 1, 18, 1:18 am

ok, apologies for slightly chaotic order and low quality pics, but i'm already gone from there and off to Saigon, so I took the pics mostly on the move and didn't have much time to mess around with post-processing ;P

one thing the Wi-FI in the lounge is rather slow. I also saw some pax getting plates of pasta delivered to their seats, but I didn't see any menus anywhere, so I'm not sure what's the deal with that.

all in all, looks like an excellent lounge, great job MH!

outside

check-in desk

entry to the bar on the left

bar on the left to the entrance

bar

acceptable sparkling wine

view immediately after entering the lounge

laksa bar

seating like this is along the length of the lounge

nap rooms

look from the back of the lounge

neat family room

entry to the F section

F section

private room in the Flounge

Flounge

dining room in Flougne
Alawyer, Fahad1 and kaffir76 like this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 2:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MP G
Originally Posted by d00t View Post

Inching closer... The coming soon sign being torn down tonight .
That's cause it's no longer coming soon--it's now delayed indefinitely

In all seriousness, looks like a big upgrade for the C side. I was not of the opinion that F needed too much, but from the few pictures, the new colours are nice. Will check it out on Monday, how convenient.
Old Mar 1, 18, 5:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL/CCR, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Great photos klausa

M
Old Mar 1, 18, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, AS MVPG, MR PP+A, HH Diamond
Any improvements/expansions in the F&B offering (especially on the F side if anyone has tried the a la carte dining)? Or is it pretty much the same apart from the updated furnishings?
Old Mar 1, 18, 6:24 am
NoY

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG, EK, SQ, CX
Originally Posted by wuileng View Post
Any improvements/expansions in the F&B offering (especially on the F side if anyone has tried the a la carte dining)? Or is it pretty much the same apart from the updated furnishings?
I do hope (& expect) that the F lounge catering has improved - the Regional Lounge food has. The last time I tried the so-called a'lacarte food in the F Lounge it was so disgusting I left most of it
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:18 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
I do hope (& expect) that the F lounge catering has improved - the Regional Lounge food has. The last time I tried the so-called a'lacarte food in the F Lounge it was so disgusting I left most of it
Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, but I do hope they kept the ribeye steak with the rotating sauces.

I'm have always been amused when they have asked for my BP to write down my name somewhere in the back office when I have ordered the steak done rare.. apparently they want to keep a record in case any "issues" arise from the rare meat.
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:56 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Silver, BAEC Gold (OWE), Hyatt
Some details of the F dining here:
Old Mar 1, 18, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Every time I have had the steak it has been terrible also.

Last edited by ESFLYER95; Mar 1, 18 at 9:40 am
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA

First class section menu for lunch and finner. Menus change weekly.
The steak is gone. The menus will change every week apparently. Today's choices were sea bass or grilled chicken. And pasta. I'll attach the menu later. For some reason Chrome not cooperating in uploading my pics.
Old Mar 1, 18, 9:10 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG, EK, SQ, CX
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95 View Post
Every time I have had the steak it has been terrible also.
Yes, the steak was really really bad Then again everything was - even the Champagne was swill. Sad, because on board MH were/are good!
Old Mar 1, 18, 9:11 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post

First class section menu for lunch and finner. Menus change weekly.
The steak is gone. The menus will change every week apparently. Today's choices were sea bass or grilled chicken. And pasta. I'll attach the menu later. For some reason Chrome not cooperating in uploading my pics.
Looks like a step up...but the proof of the pudding.......thanks for posting..
Old Mar 2, 18, 1:56 am

Hrm, I imagine the tagliatelle is what I saw people being handed in the C lounge yesterday and the Laksa/Won Ton noodle soup is also probably from the Noodle Station in the Clounge.
Old Mar 2, 18, 2:48 am

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC GO, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
Thumbs up Looks awesome!

Originally Posted by klausa View Post
Can confirm that it's now open. As a lowly BA Silver I only got to visit the C lounge, but it is visually stunning. Not as private as the new CX F lounges, but almost as cosy. I'll take a few pictures, try the laksa and see if I can sneak into the F part to take some photos and report back.
Because inevitably this will the first question asked: no champagne in the C section, but a prefectly nice sparklling wine available.
Great pics!
There never was champagne for C for the last few years. The sparkling wine is the same as pre-reno.
The bar looks the same but with more tables & seating.
The lounge itself looks brighter & cleaner. The noodle bar looks neater & more professional now vs the old one.
Def. an upgrade over the old lounge.
Well done MH! Will have to pop by one of these days
clubeurope likes this.

Search this Thread