MH360 KUL-PEK DINNER
MH3601 PEK-KUL BREAKFAST
Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Mh360/361 j

Ordered the following, will post pictures after the trip.

MH360
Dinner
Oven Baked Lamb Loin with Pumpkin (GCC 04 005 A)

MH361
Breakfast
Herbs Omelette (GCC 14 012 B)

Last edited by lcpteck; Apr 26, 2015 at 12:47 am
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by linzbh
KUL-ADL you only get one choice even though there is a Dinner and Breakfast service. Im guessing its the same as PEK being a shorter flight
Actually it's a main meal (dinner/breakfast) and a snack.

So you cannot choose for the snack, which is either some open face sandwich or satay.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I like satays, haven't eaten them in a while..
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by lcpteck
MH360
Dinner
Oven Baked Lamb Loin with Pumpkin (GCC 04 005 A)
I had that on my last trip to MEL, time before the lamb shank. It was quite good BUT the entree (or appetizer depending on which version of English you use ) was also lamb. And one or two of the mixed satays were lamb. Didn't help that the night I'd cooked lamb chops for dinner at home, forgetting my chef on call. Even though it is my favourite meat, needless to say I was a bit over lamb by the time I got to the main.
Old May 31, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I ve been getting this for a couple weeks now, is the online booking ever working?

Form Submission

Due to system maintenance we are not able to serve at this moment, please try after sometime
Old May 31, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I ve been getting this for a couple weeks now, is the online booking ever working?

Form Submission

Due to system maintenance we are not able to serve at this moment, please try after sometime
I'd wait for the transition period of the mass layoffs to pass before I'd worry about this.

Just call.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold

Form Submission

I just took the codes from the menu and called them. The codes added to the bookings and on both my flight to and from HKG the meals were there.

Waffle for breakfast KUL-HKG, utterly disappointing. Nowhere near the picture.
Beef from HKG-KUL, didn't but over cooked beef. mash and veggies where left on the plate.

Globalist
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Just call.
1st agent had no idea what chef-on-call was
2nd agent insisted because its not a MH-issued ticket, the request has to come from the issuing airline .... (that cant be true, no?)
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
1st agent had no idea what chef-on-call was
2nd agent insisted because its not a MH-issued ticket, the request has to come from the issuing airline .... (that cant be true, no?)
Chef-on-call should be available to all passengers travelling on MH regardless of the source of booking.

Seeing that it's not an MH booking, did you provide a 6 digit/alphabetical booking code to the agent? If you did, that's probably why they were confused/clueless as to what to do. If you do have a 6 digit/alphabetical booking code, you could try popping it into www.checkmytrip.com and look for a 5 digit/alphabetical booking code associated with the booking which MH uses. Alternatively, you could call your issuing airline for the aforementioned 5 digit/alphabetical code.

You could then either call MH back requesting for the chef-on-call using this 5 digit/alphabetical code or email "[email protected]" and CC-ing "[email protected]" with your 5 digit/alphabetical code and food order choices including their respective codes as seen in the menu.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:00 pm

Form Submission

It's down that the moment - best send an email as asheby says, that works well, I sent one off this morning and got a response in about 90 minutes.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asheby
Chef-on-call should be available to all passengers travelling on MH regardless of the source of booking.

Seeing that it's not an MH booking, did you provide a 6 digit/alphabetical booking code to the agent? If you did, that's probably why they were confused/clueless as to what to do. If you do have a 6 digit/alphabetical booking code, you could try popping it into www.checkmytrip.com and look for a 5 digit/alphabetical booking code associated with the booking which MH uses. Alternatively, you could call your issuing airline for the aforementioned 5 digit/alphabetical code.
They pulled up the booking just fine using the five letter PNR.
That was not the issue, just clueless agents.

Will email.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
Booked Nasi Lemak with prawns as a newbie to the dish. Will report back my impression.
any feedback on this dish? Looking at it as an EX-SYD option next month.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Had the nasi lemak going to/from Auckland..and it was disappointing.

This is not real nasi lemak..regardless if it's made by Bhramin or not...

You can't serve this for breakfast...might as well serve nasi rendang with chicken or beef...that would be far better...
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
I flew in J from PVG to CGk and DPS to PVG. I used the chef on call on PVG-KUL and KUL-PVG legs. The process to book chef on call deserves its own thread as the website is always down. I managed to make the booking 2 minutes before the deadline when finally Enrich agent pick up my phone call.

Anywho, from PVG to KUL, satay was served and it was very nice. J class was not full so the flight attendants went around for the second serving ;-) for the main, i chose beef steak. The beef was cooked just how i like it, still pink and juicy in the middle. The sauce was also good. However, the mash potato and the vegetable were a complete let down. the mash potato was dry and taste more like high school cafeteria food and the vegetables were soggy, mushy, and bland.

On the KUL-PVG, I had the nasi lemak. Indeed the portion was very small and I only had 2 tiny prawns (if you can call that prawns as it was so small...). I think after three spoonful of nasi, it was gone. But the taste was quite acceptable. I could feel the kick from the sambal.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jfkeze
any feedback on this dish? Looking at it as an EX-SYD option next month.
It was decent, though the highlight belonged to The Satay (TM).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.