MH387 PVG-KUL LUNCH

MH360 KUL-PEK DINNER
MH3601 PEK-KUL BREAKFAST
Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: SQ/CX
I had 2 separate reservations, both failed to load the Chef on Call item selections, I was able to fill in the details and proceed to the next step, only to be shown an empty page with the header. Had to call in to make the selections.

TIP: Download the Menu from the Chef On Call, note down the meal codes, it will be much easier for the agent to process it. Example, GCC 14 014 C below the choice selection's name
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:50 pm

Couldn't load the outbound leg KUL>AKL, so sent an email. Will be interesting to see if our orders get processed. This is for a flight coming up in less than a week.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:05 am

Received an email from MH apologizing for the website not working, but they said they processed my orders for the chef on call from the email I sent them.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Mh3 mh129 mh128 mh4

Hello All,

I hope someone can help here. I am flying MH J class for the first time this Friday. Just wondering to utilise this chef on call service or not. I have a few questions.

1) MH 3 LHR-KUL (day flight 1000hrs departure and 0700hrs arrival)
- Assuming there are two meals for this flight, can I select C-O-C for both meals or does it apply only to the lunch meal soon after take off?

2) MH 129 KUL-MEL (day flight 0850hrs departure 1945hrs arrival)
- how many meals and which one does C-O-C apply to?

3) MH 128 MEL-KUL (red-eye 0040hrs departure 0600hrs arrival)
- same questions as above - what will be served here? assuming dinner and then breakfast. Once again how does C-O-C work here?

4) MH 4 KUL-LHR (day flight 0900hrs departure 1525hrs arrival)
- as above...

Sorry, a bit of a long winded post. Not used to MH as I mainly fly BA.

Also anyone have any idea what the menu is like onboard? If I didn't order C-O-C what will the meals be?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:15 pm

You can order two COC meals for each LHR sector and I think at least one COC meal for each of the MEL sectors. You may refer to the COC menu from the MH website.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:14 pm

Happy to report that my email requests for COC meals worked out on both outbound and inbound segments for the six meals booked.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
How do I know which meal service I'm ordering, for those flights with two meal services?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
How do I know which meal service I'm ordering, for those flights with two meal services?
In your email requesting CoC, you may state your preference for first service and second service. The booking will be reflected accordingly. And once onboard, you may confirm the order again with the crew, and still make changes then if you change your mind on what you want to have first.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:24 pm

hi all, for the daytime NRT-KUL-NRT flights, is there only one meal or two for each of those segments?
Maybe someone here has first hand experience
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
hi all, for the daytime NRT-KUL-NRT flights, is there only one meal or two for each of those segments?
Maybe someone here has first hand experience
One main meal with satay + appetizer +main course + dessert then light bites from their all day dining menu. Pastries, sandwiches, noodles etc
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by db07mufan
One main meal with satay + appetizer +main course + dessert then light bites from their all day dining menu. Pastries, sandwiches, noodles etc
^
Thank you!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Surprised to receive an email from MH to remind me of my coming flights and that I can book Chef On Call meals.

The email link they sent directed me to the website's Chef on Call request.

So far so good. Lets hope it works.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Surprised to receive an email from MH to remind me of my coming flights and that I can book Chef On Call meals.

The email link they sent directed me to the website's Chef on Call request.

So far so good. Lets hope it works.

The CoC online order page on the MH website is now running again. Seems they have sorted out whatever it was that was problematic with that online ordering system/ links.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Ordered my CoC meals earlier today, by calling the MH support centre (which is apparently Fiji-based ....or at least the one I was connected to, when calling a UK format number)

I decided to do this by phone after previously calling the centre to preselect seats etc, and finding them to be extremely helpful & courteous. (I couldn't access all aspects of MMB anyway, seemingly because the flights were originally booked through an OTA)

I mentioned in passing to the consultant dealing with my call that I had read reports of CoC meals sometimes not being loaded. He did not dismiss or deny this out of hand, but assured me that I should have no issues ; and that problems had only affected a small number of pax who - he said - had left it too late to enable caterers to meet the special request (within 48 hours of departure)

I booked a meal for my sector from LHR to KUL (in F) and also an onward sector (in J) to Australia, which follows after a ten day s/over to be spent in Asia.

MH sent me an official email, within minutes of the call, reflecting the meal selections and confirming all other aspects of my booking.

Augurs well .....let's see how it all goes once actually onboard ......
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:50 pm

I got an email today telling me that Chef on Call from LHR is now suspended until further notice. Anyone know any more about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.