MH387 PVG-KUL LUNCH

MH360 KUL-PEK DINNER
MH3601 PEK-KUL BREAKFAST
Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I have never been able to book the damned thing.

When I have tried online I never get a confirmation. When I call they tell me they can't help me.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
It certainly sounds as if there are significant issues where CoC fulfilment is concerned. Disappointing to hear these reports.

I can only imagine this is a fairly recent (?), and hopefully temporary, degradation in standards because - as recounted in my post #122 upthread - in the case of my last four sectors with MH, ex LHR to & from ADL, there were no such issues.

Admittedly, the two longer sectors were in F, and service was nothing short of outstanding (perhaps not least due to me being the one & only pax in F on the return KUL-LHR). But things also went very smoothly to & from ADL service & catering-wise.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:09 pm
THR

Booked CoC SYD-KUL return (depart tomorrow, return this weekend). Will report back what it's like - hopefully better than some of the experiences above.

But all I did was email them and they promptly replied that the reservation had been made. And when I say promptly, it was within 5 minutes (x 4 bookings/people).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I tested this last week on LHR-KUL and SYD-KUL.

Both confirmed via email weeks before departure.

The lamb biryani served on LHR-KUL was excellent, closer to a spicy lamb curry than biryani.

For the SYD-KUL flight I had ordered a chicken curry but was asked before take off if it was ok that the chicken had turned into barramundi. I was so tired that I didn't want anything to eat so asked her to offer it to others.

Overall I found the food good on the 4 flights I took, better than BA or CX in J.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BD1959
Breakfast on my last MEL-KUL was far from disappointing:

Starters
Health Drink

Fruit Juice

Fresh Fruits
Cornflakes
With your choice of fresh or low fat milk
Bakery Selection

Main Course
Mushroom Omelette

Mixed Grill (Chef's Recommendation ... which I had - and very nice it was!!)

Nasi Lemak (which I'll probably try this time)

Hot Cakes
Regards,

BD
It seems the hot breakfast has gone on MH140 and MH123. Does any one know why?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Anyone tried the Lamb Shank. I am choosing that for KUL-NRT. Usually hard to get it wrong.
Some people love it, and other's (me included) do not like it. They could have replaced it/introduced something else new instead for a change.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Was on MH123 (KUL - SYD overnight flight). Tried cref on call. Very easy to pre order via email and went for the lamb shank.
However I didn't know I was pre ordering breakfast rather than dinner... Tried swapping it in the morning for a more normal breakfast but apparently all other breakfast offerings were taken by the other passengers. The lamb shank was very nice and I would choose it again for a day flight - but maybe not the lightest breakfast!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by barneyb
Was on MH123 (KUL - SYD overnight flight). Tried cref on call. Very easy to pre order via email and went for the lamb shank.
However I didn't know I was pre ordering breakfast rather than dinner... Tried swapping it in the morning for a more normal breakfast but apparently all other breakfast offerings were taken by the other passengers. The lamb shank was very nice and I would choose it again for a day flight - but maybe not the lightest breakfast!
Glad I've seen this - was just planning to order the beef rib for that flight. Maybe not a breakfast choice either.

I'm struggling to find an email address - where did you email to order?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by omk298
Glad I've seen this - was just planning to order the beef rib for that flight. Maybe not a breakfast choice either.

I'm struggling to find an email address - where did you email to order?

Thanks
[email protected]
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Have booked the Lamb Shank (KULA) and Beef Rib (KULB) for my wife and I's flight from KUL to INC.

For the return we've booked the Beef Tenderloin (INCA) and Ttuk Kalbi Korean Style Braised Beef (INCB).

Will write a review on these.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I recently used Chef on Call to pre-order a lamb shank. I thought it was terrific, even though it was for breakfast.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
MH Chef on Call is much much better when it's not ex-KUL (damn Brahim's and their terrible catering).

The Lamb Shank was ok but my wife's Beef Rib was very tough.

Lamb Shank KULA

Beef Rib KULD

Ex-ICN, they got my order wrong! I ordered the Ttuk Kalbi Korean Style Braised Beef (INCB) but they gave me the vegetarian instead! (INCD). My wife's Beef Tenderloin was excellent though (INCA). I managed to get a Halibut dish from the stewardess. It was ok but not as good as the pre-ordered beef.

Halibut.

Vegetarian (INCD)

Beef Tenderloin (INCA)
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:53 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jhneoh
MH Chef on Call is much much better when it's not ex-KUL (damn Brahim's and their terrible catering).
The chef on call ex-NRT was really bad in my experience
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:35 am

'Chef-on-Call' suggestions for C ex-KUL?

I'm flying in business PNH-KUL-LHR later this week. There seem to be five 'Chef-on-Call' options and they are all Western fare. I remember MH having excellent Malaysoan food; is there a reason there is no Malaysian options?

If anyone has any suggestions for which dish I should pick (or if I shouldn't order one) your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:27 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

There should be a Malaysian option on board.

It is indeed ridiculous that they don't have a Malaysian option on chef on call. I would honestly just stick with not selecting anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.