Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

I tried to book the Chef on Call service...

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/e...f-on-call.html

I have a F class award ticket from KUL to LHR next week redeemed on VS miles, and when I called the KUL office, was told that MH does not cater this service to passengers holding other airline tickets. To use this, passengers must hold 232 ticket numbers!

WT..??

Calling MH reps !! You would like to know that every civilised airline in the world will let their F class passengers order what they want.. !

Are you really prepared for Oneworld membership ??
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Can you not do it online ?

Edit : nevermind just noticed you are not on MH ticket
Old Feb 1, 2013, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mario33
Can you not do it online ?

Edit : nevermind just noticed you are not on MH ticket
I have the MH PNR - but agent already said the above.. "You're not on MH ticket"...

So, it certainly will be a challenge for MH cos there are so many people who travel on tickets issued by other airlines with MH sector in.

So is MH going to justify that the ones who are on MH tickets thus earn them their principal revenue will get the privilege of ordering the special meals?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It's a perk that MH supplied to their most loyal passengers. You still get First Class or Business Class food depending on the cabin, just less choices.

I don't see anything wrong with this.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
It's a perk that MH supplied to their most loyal passengers. You still get First Class or Business Class food depending on the cabin, just less choices.

I don't see anything wrong with this.
Actually, no, that's not what the web site offers. It says "For all First / Business Class passengers..."

It does not offer this only to its own FFP members.. But if you fly on F/J class, the agent says it has to be issued on MH document for it to be valid.

Its like SQ's Book The Cook and TG's Preordering of F/J meals.. they do not restrict it ONLY to their passengers who issue on their own ticketing stock.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I got the Chef on Call meal.. eventually. When KUL res was supposed to call me, they didn't. Glad I managed to get through to the HK res centre before my 24 hour cut off point in ordering any special meals.

I am glad they sorted it out and realised that there will be many people to come when ordering this service who are not on MH (232) documented tickets.

I ordered the Lobster Thermidore and it was pleasantly very nice. It was not smothered in cheese sauce as it's supposed to be.

I'll post the pic of it here soon.. ^
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I got the Chef on Call meal.. eventually. When KUL res was supposed to call me, they didn't. Glad I managed to get through to the HK res centre before my 24 hour cut off point in ordering any special meals.

I am glad they sorted it out and realised that there will be many people to come when ordering this service who are not on MH (232) documented tickets.

I ordered the Lobster Thermidore and it was pleasantly very nice. It was not smothered in cheese sauce as it's supposed to be.

Pleased you got that sorted, sounds very nice, looking forward to the picture
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

How was the A380? I will be flying it in May. Also, if you book the Chef on Call, can you still choose from the on-board selection?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Glad you made it work
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rooivalk
How was the A380? I will be flying it in May. Also, if you book the Chef on Call, can you still choose from the on-board selection?
Yes. But their selection was quite limited when I decided to have the COC choice as my second meal instead. I didn't care for the tandoori prawns after tucking into one prawn and wanted to change it but was told that the crew had served the other dishes to the flight crew!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:18 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
MH Chef on call worth it?

I haven't flown MH before and I have a J class long haul flight coming up. Compared to the usual onboard J offerings, do you think chef on call is worth it?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:45 am
Suspended

What do you mean by 'worth it' when you don't have to pay extra for this privilege ?

While I don't find the choices to be spectacular, at least I am assured of my choice inadvance rather than to be told your choice is not available.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:53 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I guess by "worth it", I mean, are the chef on call choices better than the standard menu?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:58 pm

It is definitely worth it. Better choice and a wider one as well. More importantly they are delicious.

Henry
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes I agree

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.