MH387 PVG-KUL LUNCH

MH360 KUL-PEK DINNER
MH3601 PEK-KUL BREAKFAST
Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: Hard to keep one
Think I will be on the same flight as shull22. Thinking whether to order or risk the menu.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
I think ordering Chef on Call is a great feature and guarantees your choice and also the quality is good. I did ex-CDG and it was a good choice and I could have also chosen something for breakfast but I knew that Nasi Lemak would be on the menu (not available ex-CDG for Chef on Call) so I went for that option which was good.

I also had a very positive experience when I e-mailed them with my choice for a flight which was more than 30 days in advance and got a quick response and I even asked some follow up questions after which were also answered very swiftly.

Also the quality or quantity of food is definitely not the same as economy class and I would say some dishes were better in taste than on SQ or CX J and I am not even talking about the satay which is something nobody can match and MH deserves the 1st prize for that.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LAX888
the satay which is something nobody can match and MH deserves the 1st prize for that.
Thats the only reason for flying MH
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:02 pm

Is chef on call available for redemption bookings too or only regular booking?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by hrs027
Yes available for all confirmed bookings in Business or First class from stations which offers this service. For flights which offer two full meal services you can also request for 2 meals from the chef on call menu.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
The chef on call meal only applies to the "big" meal. So you can't book one of those dishes for breakfast.
not when i flew MH3. I ordered some pretty awkward "breakfast" meal... (like lamb curry?)
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
Originally Posted by EngOnAPlane
Think I will be on the same flight as shull22. Thinking whether to order or risk the menu.
Just came back from my KUL-ICN-KUL trip. I am glad to say that the on board menu didn't disappoint.

While i can find better satay in both Singapore and Malaysia, i have no complaints for the ones on board, especially when you consider that it's at 30,000ft you're eating it..

The menu for KUL-ICN is:
REFRESHMENT(served as supper, immediately after take off):
Satay

BREAKFAST
Starters:
Health Drink
Fruit Juice
Fresh Fruits

Muesli:
With your choice of fresh or low fat milk

Bakery selection:
With butter or preserves

Main Course:
Nasi Lemak
Mixed Grill
Omelette
Banana Pancake
The menu for ICN-KUL is:
LUNCH
Appetizer:
Satay
Salmon Tataki

Bakery selection:
With unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil with balsamic vinegar on request

Main Course(served with Kimchi):
Korean herbal chicken thigh
Balsamic Shallot Crust Beef Tenderloin
Fried Fillet of Cod
Linguine Pasta with Tomato Sauce

Dessert:
Raspberry Mille Feuille
Fresh Fruits

REFRESHMENT(served 2 hrs before landing):
Canapes:
Green Tea Macaron
Miniature Baked Cheesecake
Strawberry Tartlet

Dessert:
Fresh Fruit
Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream

Last edited by shull22; Jan 20, 2014 at 7:03 am
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by hrs027
I think I was the one who tested the theory when I called in to request my C-O-C meal in F class from KUL to LHR last May and was given a run around when they realised I was on an award ticket not issued by MH themselves.

After much hoo and ha'ing, they finally did and honored my request. And the website wording was subsequently changed.

I did not order any C-O-C meal ex-CDG as it was only offered ex-KUL last year. The Nasi Lemak breakfast ex-CDG had a slight french flavour to it, but very nice.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I flew KUL-LHR right after MH joined (March 2013), and I had no problem using service. Did it all online. Food I thought was excellent for airline food.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:59 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I think I was the one who tested the theory when I called in to request my C-O-C meal in F class from KUL to LHR last May and was given a run around when they realised I was on an award ticket not issued by MH themselves.

After much hoo and ha'ing, they finally did and honored my request. And the website wording was subsequently changed.

I did not order any C-O-C meal ex-CDG as it was only offered ex-KUL last year. The Nasi Lemak breakfast ex-CDG had a slight french flavour to it, but very nice.
I just ordered C-O-C on an ex-CDG J redemption, issued by BA, using the website. Got the confirmation email immediately. Looking forward to my first MH and first A380 trip!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Avoid COC the lobster

Had the lobster tails (F menu) from LHR-KUL and it was very dry even after squeezing some lemon on to it. Had the lobster termidor (F menu) from KUL-LHR; while it was tastier, it was rather small. Just as well I had some lobster curry in the KUL F lounge before the flight.

The Nasi Lemak on LHR-KUL had far larger prawns and was tastier than on the KUL-LHR leg. The KUL Nasi Lemak I found rather disappointing.

Having said tht, the cavier on LHR-KUL on Sevruga but on KUL-LHR it was upgraded to Oscietra.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Sorry to bump an old thread, but with all the issues MH has had and reports of financial difficulties, I'm wondering if the Chef on Call service is still good or if MH has cut it back. Would be very grateful for any reports on recent experiences!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Sorry to bump an old thread, but with all the issues MH has had and reports of financial difficulties, I'm wondering if the Chef on Call service is still good or if MH has cut it back. Would be very grateful for any reports on recent experiences!
It was absolutely fantastic in J on my SYD-KUL-CDG and return flights in June.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
The Nasi Lemak breakfast I had in F on LHR-KUL a couple of days ago (mid October) was great. Far too much.

Alternatively, you can asked for freshly cooked eggs (fried or scrambled) for breakfast. Not a lot of cost per meal but you need the investment in the galley equipment for this.

The Lamb Briyani I had for lunch on the same flight was so-so. Nothing wrong with quality of the book items and the quantity; I was not a fan of the recipe used. Just fancied a lot spicer version and a bit more gravy on this.

Ex-London, they are not cutting down on cost in this area. Its all contracted out anyway.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat
MH Chef on call worth it?

I doubt they'll be cutting costs in the premium cabin where they make the most money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.