MH388 KUL-PVG BREAKFAST
MH387 PVG-KUL LUNCH

MH360 KUL-PEK DINNER
MH3601 PEK-KUL BREAKFAST
Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:38 pm

I flew MH on Monday. At check-in we were given a letter saying that due to issues with their caterer (the way the letter read, i interpreted it as a strike) normal food provisions would not be provided. We were given a £30 voucher for use in the terminal (in C, not sure about Y or F). On board I was told that it was due the change in caterer. We were not given any menus. I believe it was a bit more basic than usual or perhaps MH doesn't provide table cloths etc? Satay came without onions, however food struck me as what you'd normally be served.

My guess is that it is related to this (change in caterer).
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I had already selected my meals for my MH1 flight in June a couple of weeks ago and haven't received any email saying it was suspended.

Hope it's resolved by then.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I saw on MH's Instagram stories that there was a new J class menu - not too sure if it's related to CoC. It wasn't a shot of the menu but rather a shot of a plated main course.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I flew MH on Monday. At check-in we were given a letter saying that due to issues with their caterer (the way the letter read, i interpreted it as a strike) normal food provisions would not be provided. We were given a £30 voucher for use in the terminal (in C, not sure about Y or F). On board I was told that it was due the change in caterer. We were not given any menus. I believe it was a bit more basic than usual or perhaps MH doesn't provide table cloths etc? Satay came without onions, however food struck me as what you'd normally be served.

My guess is that it is related to this (change in caterer).
Hmm. I'd just put in my order (via email) for the chef on call service and was happy with that and the starters / breakfast noted in the menu thread. Hopefully just a one-off, otherwise I might not have as comfortable a trip to SYD as hoped for...

(Though as an Irish emigrant I should see the O'Briens sandwich bar at KUL as providence )

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28010777-post9.html
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Surprised to receive an email from MH to remind me of my coming flights and that I can book Chef On Call meals.

The email link they sent directed me to the website's Chef on Call request.

So far so good. Lets hope it works.

For some strange reason, I never get emails asking me if i wanted to book chef on call meals even when i book`/fly business class.

Might give enrich a call to enquire if there is an issue that maybe they are not aware of that is technical in nature, etc.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:32 am

Well I flew on mh1 last night and although there was no coc my choices were on the menu anyway. Having said that I'd already eaten in the QR lounge so skipped dinner (apart from the satay). The nasi lemak I had in the morning/afternoon (depending on time zone) was tasty. The fruit bowl was also perfectly acceptable for aeroplane food.

No complaints really. First experience on MH and it was a good one. I might write up a longer review of anyone's interested.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ppp909
Well I flew on mh1 last night and although there was no coc my choices were on the menu anyway. Having said that I'd already eaten in the QR lounge so skipped dinner (apart from the satay). The nasi lemak I had in the morning/afternoon (depending on time zone) was tasty. The fruit bowl was also perfectly acceptable for aeroplane food.

No complaints really. First experience on MH and it was a good one. I might write up a longer review of anyone's interested.
Looking forward to your review, I'm flying on MH2 and MH1 in J class in June.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

Catering issues continuing. Luckily (I presume because Oneworld emerald) crew came around pre-departure to me and took order. Apologised that it was because of supplier issue - wasn't clear if it was just menu cards they were missing or more limited choice / variable loads

(Always possible they did this for other pax at their lounge, but I went for Qatar )
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Fruit!

My fruit bowl was perfectly acceptable too on MH 002!

Please post a review too - I'll do the same for mine after my trip. Am thinking if we should spin off or merge other threads just specifically for KUL-LHR-KUL .
There are a few threads ahout the A380 & LHR cancellations etc. which makes it harder for members who want to read about the LHR flight experience solely
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
There's also a thread for MH Menus. I saw on IG stories that MH is introducing new menus for J class. The new nasi lemak looks delicious
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:04 pm

I'll do something next week when I'm back. Too busy enjoying Malaysia right now 😁
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: NZ
Does anyone have any experience of ordering a J meal after they have been upgraded using MH Upgrade? When I tried last time online my request was rejected. Perhaps you need to call the Call Centre?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Does anyone have any experience of ordering a J meal after they have been upgraded using MH Upgrade? When I tried last time online my request was rejected. Perhaps you need to call the Call Centre?
call them or send an email. But do it fast as you need to do it 24hrs before travel but confirmation for MH Upgrade can be as late as 48hrs before travel.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by duckied
I have a quick question regarding Chef on Call.

I am flying MH from LHR - BKK via KUL. I know they offer COC on the London route but on the MH website I noticed the following note in the Chef on Call section of the website:
"Chef-on-Call is not available for bookings that have a combination of applicable and non-applicable Chef-on-Call routes"

Does this mean I won't be able to order Chef on Call on LHR-KUL-LHR sectors?

Was wondering myself what happened to COC....
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:45 am

Another failed CoC.

Booked about 1 month in advance, rang Call Center who put my request through. They sent me an updated Itinerary with CoC meal reference.

Boarded the plane, then nothing. I asked FA, they said mine was not loaded. Happens quite often, then suggested I write in and complain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.