Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: SPG, Amex Platinum
Luxury resort in Ambergris Caye, Belize: Las Terrazas summer special:

pay for five and stay seven, free transfer from SP airport including free continental breakfast daily and snorkeling tour to Hol Chan.

http://lasterrazasresort.travelscream.com/
Old Jul 10, 2009, 6:35 pm

Rayavadee now has a 4 night for three promotion available to everyone (not just Thai Nationals).
It includes Breakfast and transfers as well as one dinner and one massage for two.

http://www.rayavadee.com/rayavadee_e...factsheet.html
Old Jul 11, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
South africa

Any one have info on jnb or capetown? Looking for something in march. Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2009, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by arubalad
Any one have info on jnb or capetown? Looking for something in march. Thanks
I'm in JNB now, and the high end hotels are empty and cheap. But I seriously doubt you will see cheap offers for March. The whole country will be in World Cup fever by then and there will actually be a lot going on at that time. I expect hotel prices to be seriously on the rise starting in March.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

last minute rates up to 40% off @ splendido, cipriani, caruso
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:37 am

last i checked, ritz in beijing is dirt cheap on the website. <$200/night. i think they have occupancy issues
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
SF Early September?

Been scanning lately for deals on 4 or 5 * accommodations in SF when I'll be there with la nina over labor day weekend, but haven't found anything to beat the IC govt rate of $220/nt. for each of two king jr. suites--one for me, one for the kid. We stayed at the IC when it was just a few months old last summer and found it to be an excellent choice even if parts of the nearby neighborhood are a bit dodgy.

Looking for either a large suite or two rooms comparable in size to the IC offer. If anyone has intell on this, would love to hear about it. Need to be comfortable for these annual dad/daughter weekends

Thx.
--mcz
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mczlaw
SF Early September...IC govt rate of $220/nt. for each of two king jr. suites
$437 - fairmont ghirardelli - 2BR condo (advanced prepaid)

$322 - IC - 2 jr suite (can you get 2 connecting jr suites?) (discount mentioned in next post >)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 14, 2009 at 8:49 pm
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Been scanning lately for deals on 4 or 5 * accommodations in SF when I'll be there with la nina over labor day weekend, but haven't found anything to beat the IC govt rate of $220/nt. for each of two king jr. suites--one for me, one for the kid. We stayed at the IC when it was just a few months old last summer and found it to be an excellent choice even if parts of the nearby neighborhood are a bit dodgy.

Looking for either a large suite or two rooms comparable in size to the IC offer. If anyone has intell on this, would love to hear about it. Need to be comfortable for these annual dad/daughter weekends

Thx.
--mcz
If you like the IC, you should check out this blog post from Flyertalk founder, Randy Petersen. By going through his link, it looks like the junior suites can be had for pretty cheap. (I checked the night of September 5, and it looks like the Junior Suite is only $161.)
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:21 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Has anyone seen some great deals in Italy, Spain or Greece lately? I am looking for a great hotel in Aug for about 7 days!

thx
flo
Old Jul 15, 2009, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

should have paid more attention to this
Originally Posted by DavidO
Here's a link to a web page showing Exclusive Offers and another with Last Minute Availability from the Virtuoso.com website. I believe all of these offers would include Virtuoso amenities.

There are some pretty incredible offers.
they need to update though. there are still some offers, but there are lots of expired - including confirmed upgrade, double upgrade, large discounts, etc.

emirates wolgan valley
after 3rd nt free, rates from >
$890 heritage suite
$1600 2BR wollemi suite
$2505 2BR wolgan suite
(all with pool)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 28, 2009 at 4:08 pm
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.themonarchdubai.com/namey...9/default.aspx
http://www.themonarchdubai.com/Home/Default_en_gb.aspx
name your price for rooms, spa, dining - through end of sept at least
unaccepted bids receive 50% off dining coupons

winvian offering a la carte rates now, from $750

reminder - asian aman FHR 4th nt free through sept 30

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 28, 2009 at 4:36 pm
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.fisheaglesafaris.com/newsletter.html

abu camp - 3rd nt free through nov 30, when combined with 3 nts at another wilderness safaris classic or premier camp

north island - 7th nt free through nov 30
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:14 pm

Four Seasons Mexico City

I was looking up hotels in Mexico City around the end of the year. With a prepaid rate, you can get two nights for the price of one on Expedia.com for the Four Seasons in Mexico City. Total price for the two nights is $240 USD plus tax, so about $280 USD total. (In this case, I looked at Dec. 25-27.) Perhaps there are even better deals available through agents, but I was quite surprised to see such a low rate through a consolidator. I believe this rate, while prepaid, is still cancellable up until 2 days before, but double-check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.