Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:32 am
Aman Contributor Badge

We stayed in a villa at Pulo several years ago. There was a special Villa Club House, but it was not in use when we were there. I thought it was more for special events etc. It is located close to the 2 BR villa. The kids club was located close to the air stripe. No one told us about a separate kids club for Villas and in any case I would find that odd since there are not many kids anyway so why separate them? Maybe something they do during full occupancy/school holidays when many villa owners with kids come there? Do not know. Generally I would say that when you are in a villa you have everything you need in your villa so you do not really need to leave at all. I would make sure to get a villa at the pavillion side of the island where the beach is nicest by far.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
FYI , Pulo GM Audeline W says :

“ .. doing wonderful here all things considered and excited that we were able to get authorization to re-open on 26 June with limited occupancies as leisure travel is still restricted here . “
Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:37 am

wondering if anyone who hsa been recently can opine of the casitas feel dated at this point.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:37 pm

I just found out that Amanpulo is adding pools to beach casitas!
Anyone tried yet?

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanpul...ch-pool-casita
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I just found out that Amanpulo is adding pools to beach casitas!
Anyone tried yet?

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanpul...ch-pool-casita
Also curious... to be honest, the renderings do not convince me, but hopefully the landscaping looks much better in reality. Privacy to be maintained. The deck looks too empty, needs more details and structure. Pool tiles look better than Treetop Pool Casita.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by scented
Also curious... to be honest, the renderings do not convince me, but hopefully the landscaping looks much better in reality. Privacy to be maintained. The deck looks too empty, needs more details and structure. Pool tiles look better than Treetop Pool Casita.
The renderings feel very bare. From the rendering the furniture seems oddly placed, emphasizing the negative space on that 'deck'. Will be very curious to see it in person when we revisit in March.
Amanpulo's charm, to me anyway, is it's proper private hideaway feel, it's humble approach to accommodation contrasted by a perfect beach. The experience is partial without privacy and I wonder how this is protected with the building of such pools, not to mention the noise pollution (hyperbole sure) that will come with it hmmm...
FlyerEC, scented and cornwall4000 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by luxefarer
The renderings feel very bare. From the rendering the furniture seems oddly placed, emphasizing the negative space on that 'deck'. Will be very curious to see it in person when we revisit in March.
Amanpulo's charm, to me anyway, is it's proper private hideaway feel, it's humble approach to accommodation contrasted by a perfect beach. The experience is partial without privacy and I wonder how this is protected with the building of such pools, not to mention the noise pollution (hyperbole sure) that will come with it hmmm...
update: I think pool looks a lot better than rendering. Great view.

Watch video below, pool @ 23:30

Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:10 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Thanks for finding that - that actually looks very nice! Much better than I expected (the renderings don't look great, and wasn't a huge fan of the Treetop Pool Casita). I'm suspect the orientation/styling of each individual casita may be a bit different though, but if that's to go by, very nice!
scented and luxefarer like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Thanks for finding that - that actually looks very nice! Much better than I expected (the renderings don't look great, and wasn't a huge fan of the Treetop Pool Casita). I'm suspect the orientation/styling of each individual casita may be a bit different though, but if that's to go by, very nice!
I agree it looks much, much better.

I do hope that each of the pools and setting is custom, based on the landscaping and Pulo's beautiful natural foliage... though I'm sure luxefarer will give us all his insight and details once on Pamalican.
FlyerEC and luxefarer like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by scented
I agree it looks much, much better.

I do hope that each of the pools and setting is custom, based on the landscaping and Pulo's beautiful natural foliage... though I'm sure luxefarer will give us all his insight and details once on Pamalican.
Update:

Each pool is different and fitting to it’s environment. They are currently working on adding more pools, currently there are 4.

Here is a look at the one I am enjoying now (casita 29)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbMd5...dium=copy_link
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:56 am

Update:

Each pool is different and fitting to it’s environment. They are currently working on adding more pools, currently there are 4.

Here is a look at the one I am enjoying now (casita 29)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbMd5...dium=copy_link

Uploaded a POV from our stay in the new Beach Pool Casita category! Review coming shortly... stay tuned.

Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Great video - brought back fantastic memories. I think the pool casita looks spectacular.
luxefarer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Uploaded a POV from our stay in the new Beach Pool Casita category! Review coming shortly... stay tuned.
Fantastic video. I just had a look at your channel, you could be the next LTE! Keep it up.
scented and luxefarer like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by CanaryWharf
Fantastic video. I just had a look at your channel, you could be the next LTE! Keep it up.
Or even better - has all the ingredients.
FlyerEC, CanaryWharf and luxefarer like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:20 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more

https://youtu.be/LN3D_pXCzgs
Awesome - great video! Really looking forward to going back soon.
luxefarer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.