Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
For anybody that has been recently, couple of questions: how is the service and food these days? Have they both survived the pandemic intact? Also, reading above, it seems like the beach pool casitas are all on the south end of the island? Casitas 29-26?
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:26 am

We're going in April and will report back.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:15 pm

Going end of March
BradnerBoy and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:47 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
FYI , Pulo GM Audeline W says :

“ .. doing wonderful here all things considered and excited that we were able to get authorization to re-open on 26 June with limited occupancies as leisure travel is still restricted here . “
Visiting next week, would anyone have Gm Audeline’s email addy? I’m getting nervous about the mixed reviews.

When I emailed them, they had no record of any of my previous Aman visits, seems like most Amans don’t know their guests that visit across properties or was that just me? ;O
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Wandrlst88
Visiting next week, would anyone have Gm Audeline’s email addy? I’m getting nervous about the mixed reviews.

When I emailed them, they had no record of any of my previous Aman visits, seems like most Amans don’t know their guests that visit across properties or was that just me? ;O
Their whole CRM mess is still not sorted... they could not locate my preferences either, best always remind them beforehand.
luxefarer likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Wandrlst88
Visiting next week, would anyone have Gm Audeline’s email addy?
If you're on LinkedIn, you can try messaging her, but I don't think she uses it often: https://www.linkedin.com/in/audeline...ono-b08285168/
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scented
Their whole CRM mess is still not sorted... they could not locate my preferences either, best always remind them beforehand.
It is interesting that last week I made a direct booking online at an Aman we had not stayed at in the past and when I received the confirmation email, one of the first lines was noting our previous stays at XX, YY and ZZ resort among others.
luxefarer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
2023 Update - Great Sand, Turtles, Warm Service but…

Originally Posted by scented
You are right, I had to list them out — apparently they can’t hook up their systems to synch.

I was able to get in touch with Audeline but alas, not to much help. For those that did not have the best experience with current management, I unfortunately can see why. The good news is, a new GM is arriving this week. A great time for Aman junkies to experience the island — which is magnificent. I am a beach baby and the sand and sea are amongst the best I’ve seen.

Quick trip update: casitas are still well maintained, albeit a little bit dated. Food is great (but I enjoy Filipino food) and service is warm, caring and sincere. Some items are severely dated — like the public washrooms — but you don’t feel it so much because it blends in with the whole island look. Guitar player is still lovely each evening. We saw lots of turtles - and I mean lots! Like 50! I enjoyed the huge pool and tea time which just came back post-Covid.

Weather was generally ok with some short showers. The spa and their providers are outstanding, this is what a true massage feels like for those who have aches and pains.

Flight delays were a bit of a nuisance and unpleasant after a long haul. Would I come back? It’s tough to say considering you could get a more upgraded hard product at the Maldives though the sand isn’t on par nor is the service as heartfelt. I’d be curious to see how the new GM takes the reins.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by ridefar
For anybody that has been recently, couple of questions: how is the service and food these days? Have they both survived the pandemic intact? Also, reading above, it seems like the beach pool casitas are all on the south end of the island? Casitas 29-26?
There are 5 beach pool casitas so far: 1, 7, 21, 22 and 29. They did an amazing job and pools are a great addition to the good old casitas!

It is only my second time here (previous was 8 years ago), food and service are way better than what I experienced back then.

And seeing turtles is still magical 😍

https://qrcgcustomers.s3-eu-west-1.a...85838627873454
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:30 am

I read a few reviews yesterday and I'm slightly concerned at the seeming inconsistency. And while I understand everyone has an opinion, the not-so-great reviews are very specific and detailed whereas the 5/5 reviews are not.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Mimaropa.html
Old Mar 20, 2023, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BradnerBoy
I read a few reviews yesterday and I'm slightly concerned at the seeming inconsistency. And while I understand everyone has an opinion, the not-so-great reviews are very specific and detailed whereas the 5/5 reviews are not.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Mimaropa.html
Well, it seems the bad reviews come mainly from people who are not familiar with the Aman-concept. If I complain I don't receive a check all the time, I'm definitely in the wrong hotel. Nevertheless it's a no-go, when the final bill is incorrect. Also I fully understand complains about check-out times and time-schedule of the plane. Especially the plane is my biggest issue with Amanpulo.
So I guess they have problems and the hard-product of the casitas is a big issue.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
There are 5 beach pool casitas so far: 1, 7, 21, 22 and 29. They did an amazing job and pools are a great addition to the good old casitas!

It is only my second time here (previous was 8 years ago), food and service are way better than what I experienced back then.

And seeing turtles is still magical 😍

https://qrcgcustomers.s3-eu-west-1.a...85838627873454
The turtle release was such an emotional experience. Loving your footage.

In re F&B @ Amanpulo. Even recently, having visited in 2019 and again in 2022, I can say, the F&B has improved tremendously. Space also improved significantly, a full deck and lounge space/ bar, has been added adjacent to the beach club. I know Nicolas was heavily focused with improving menu and service over summer. Namely, Kadir, F&B Manager from Amanruya was brought on to help renew. Based on our experience at Amanruya, Kadir is a fabulous addition. Even when we were swamped by an army of wasps at ruya, we felt graced by his management, approach to service and quality.

One thing that hasn't really changed and thankfully so iis the fire pizza, which remains one of the best pizza pies I've had on an island, hands down (ask for thin crust). For those familiar with the property, the pizza oven was moved out of the Pinic Grove Space and to the lagoon side adjacent to The Lagoon Club.

Nicolas has a great sensibility for F&B and I look forward to his improvements and developments across Asia.
BradnerBoy likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by luxefarer
One thing that hasn't really changed and thankfully so iis the fire pizza, which remains one of the best pizza pies I've had on an island, hands down
Is that "The nearly USD 40 sourdough pizza" I read about?

I sure do loves me some pizza, but for $40, it better be 18" and loaded :-)
offerendum and luxefarer like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:56 am

New GM

There was a technical glitch which resulted in me seeing incorrect in/out dates for our stay. I alerted our travel agent and later received a confirmation from the resort with the corrected dates.

It was "signed" by Tim Bilfinger, General Manager.

His LinkedIn profile says he is (was) the GM of "Six Senses Zil Pasyon is located on the private island of Félicité, the fifth largest island in Seychelles".
Old Mar 21, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by BradnerBoy
There was a technical glitch which resulted in me seeing incorrect in/out dates for our stay. I alerted our travel agent and later received a confirmation from the resort with the corrected dates.

It was "signed" by Tim Bilfinger, General Manager.

His LinkedIn profile says he is (was) the GM of "Six Senses Zil Pasyon is located on the private island of Félicité, the fifth largest island in Seychelles".
last night at the Aman Jazz Club event…

I asked Patrick Gauthier, Head of Sales Asia about Audaline, he confirmed that Amanpulo now has a new GM. Indeed, Tim from SS ZIl Pasyon Seychelles. Apparently Audaline is overseeing the region from Bangkok. Not entirely sure what that means. Probably overseeing openings and the sort i.e. Nai Lert, etc. Wishing her the best.

Also, Amanpulo will be adding more pools to the property via beachside casitas.
FlyerEC likes this.

Last edited by luxefarer; Mar 23, 2023 at 7:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.