Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by luxefarer
Each pool is different and fitting to it’s environment.
I just watched your video (which is great by the way) as I wanted to keep the surprise. Indeed pools are very different from one another. Ours has a large shallow part which is ideal to rest, reading a book, or it can be great for playing with young children.

Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:29 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I just watched your video (which is great by the way) as I wanted to keep the surprise. Indeed pools are very different from one another. Ours has a large shallow part which is ideal to rest, reading a book, or it can be great for playing with young children.

Gorgeous shots. Interesting note on the shallow part, indeed wonderful for families. Thank you! BTW... Weather looks incredible.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 2:09 am

We just come back from an 8-night stay in a beach pool casita. We stayed in #1 which seems to have a bigger pool with a shallow part as shown above.

The hard product starts to show its age indeed, yet everything works perfectly and everything has been well thought after. The timeless island decor is ok as the important part is the view. You cannot get bored of these 50 shades of blue!

Food is way better than what we experienced back in 2015. The Japanese restaurant at Lagoon Club is fantastic. The Beach Club offers an obvious nice view. Its capacity has been increased and the place is even better for dinner than for lunch. Our favorite was the Club House, which is quieter with a wider choice (south East Asian dishes). We also tried the beach BBQ right in front of our casita. It’s a must! Obviously prices are stellar, nothing comes cheap today…

At departure we were delighted to be offered the famous Amanjunkie polo shirt!

There is still some room for improvement:
  1. the pizza oven moved from the Picnic Grove to the Lagoon Club. Why?
  2. Service is inconsistent. We celebrated Alex’s birthday during our stay. We expected a ‘happy birthday’ sign at the back of our golf cart like we saw on others but it didn’t happen.
  3. The west villa club house is very nice with a great pool but nothing happens there. Why not taking advantage of this space to set up a games room (there is already a ping-pong), or use it one way or another?
  4. Last but not least it could be nice to organise some special evenings, like it happens in other Amans.
Overall we spent our best holidays in Amanpulo and we would come back in a heartbeat if it was closer to Europe.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Planning on Amanpulo next year - would September be a good time to visit? We want to take advantage of the fourth night free offer and it looks like it ends Sep 30,2024.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Desirees
Planning on Amanpulo next year - would September be a good time to visit? We want to take advantage of the fourth night free offer and it looks like it ends Sep 30,2024.
There is a reason it ends in September... this time of the year can be rather wet still... may not be peak rainy season and you can be lucky to get sunshine, but could also be rather rainy.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 6:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by scented
There is a reason it ends in September... this time of the year can be rather wet still... may not be peak rainy season and you can be lucky to get sunshine, but could also be rather rainy.
Originally Posted by Desirees
If you note the seasons in that part of the world , you will need to take a hit and miss with the potential typhoons ( not just rain - that is nothing ) ! Did you read about the recent ones this year ??
Pulo is excellent with evacuations though , well prepared and practised
They care for not only the safety of guests but the team too
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:54 pm

Considering a long-ish weekend getaway to Pulo. What is the reccomended room category to book? From looking at photos the beach casita seems to offer the best value. Are there any experiences with the treetop or hilltop rooms (they seem to be basically the same?). Are any of the rooms refreshed more recently?
luxefarer likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by Freddorick
Considering a long-ish weekend getaway to Pulo. What is the reccomended room category to book? From looking at photos the beach casita seems to offer the best value. Are there any experiences with the treetop or hilltop rooms (they seem to be basically the same?). Are any of the rooms refreshed more recently?
I’ve been to Pulo 3 times ( most recently 2019, 2022) and i would say the beach casita is the best value.

I’ve stayed in both the Beach Casita and the Pool Beach Casita and I didn’t think the pool was worth it. It’s beautiful, but I didn’t feel it merited the premium. If you’re upgraded into it great! But I wouldn’t encourage it, unless you really wanted the pool. My small family clients do like the addition of a pool, but again, personally I think the beach casita is the best value & the best category, other than the villas, which are also perfect for families..

The rooms are the same (they’ve only added a deck that gets VERY hot (sand at Amanpulo is always cool due to it’s high silica %)

They have been touched up a bit, mainly the tech and minibar — but not renovated. However, that’s not to say it feels old. There is a timeless ease of this property that I really love. Friendly staff from the local manamoc island who have served the amanpulo for generations.

Amanpulo is all about the water, which is ultra-swimmable, clear, and has marine biodiversity. Their main pool is also huge and deep and one of my favorites to swim in.

I would stay a way from the hilltop / treetop rooms. They are okay… but not as convenient as the beach casitas. Walking from the beach casita , directly to the beach / ocean or the beach club is the beauty of that property. If you go ahead with these plans, I encourage you to set your alarm early and walk to the south east tip of the island to watch one of the most glorious sunrise.

Last edited by luxefarer; Mar 9, 2024 at 10:41 pm
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by Freddorick
Don't set your expectations very high for service especially. Our stay in Nov was awful in so many ways, similar to many others I am now hearing from.
scented likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.