Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: some
I really liked the Aesop stuff in the Naumi Hotel in Singapore the other day. I think it's organic but I don't really care. I like petrochemical waste in my hair every other day ;-)
Old Feb 26, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Love the L'Occitane goodies at the Four Seasons Troon North in Scotsdale AZ!
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Yet another vote for Como Shambala and Aesop here. Wish more hotels had them. I like the Bliss stuff at W too.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:26 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Most recently, I really liked the Chopard Toiletries at the Aerie in Victoria, B.C. I especially liked the shampoo and conditioner,
Old Mar 6, 2008, 4:42 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Jet City Woman
Love the L'Occitane goodies at the Four Seasons Troon North in Scotsdale AZ!
Do you ever stay at places with Molton Brown? I hate L'Occitane and love Molton Brown. I will be at Four Seasons in Miami in a couple of weeks. I think it's L'Occitane. We should set up a swap meet here! At least for people in the US - priority mail packages for these small items is pretty cheap. I am running out of the Molton Brown I picked up at the MO in Munich last year (which is no longer available in shops - only in hotels). Robyn
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:04 pm
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

The Beverly Hilton supplies L'Occitane, but I agree with robing that Molton Brown is the way to go! Hilton Cabo had MB in the room, but they gave me lots of goodies for my 50th, so I'm not sure if that's their regular product.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by robyng
Do you ever stay at places with Molton Brown? I hate L'Occitane and love Molton Brown. I will be at Four Seasons in Miami in a couple of weeks. I think it's L'Occitane. We should set up a swap meet here! At least for people in the US - priority mail packages for these small items is pretty cheap. I am running out of the Molton Brown I picked up at the MO in Munich last year (which is no longer available in shops - only in hotels). Robyn
Sorry for the slooooow response, but in response to your question--I have not stayed anyplace with Molton goodies...but FYI (and I hope this info is not to late or out of date), last time I was at a Bath & Body Works outlet store 9there are approx 5 real true outlet stores scattered in the US (iI was at the one in Tempe AZ) they had some Molton goodies at pretty good prices. There is a true BBW outlet in FL and all of the true outlets ship--it may take a few phone calls to find an outlet that has your fave stuff (selection varies all the time). Hope it helps!!!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Most recently, I really liked the Chopard Toiletries at the Aerie in Victoria, B.C. I especially liked the shampoo and conditioner,
Does anyone have a clue as to where to purchase the Chopard shampoo and conditioner? I have done a myriad of searches and am coming up empty. The Chopard shampoo and conditioner are really good. Appreciate any help.
Thanks..
O2K
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by dhoward
my partner unfortunately had to spend sometime at the wellington hospital in london recently. they use molton brown stuff there and whenever we see it in hotels it just reminds us of the horrible time he had last year! needless to say, when we say at a peninsula now, we bring our own stuff...

it's amazing how different scents can immediately remind you of differnet things.
I think we are programmed that way and my opinion is that the toiletry companies know it and play on that when they place their products in the luxe hotels....most people remember those stays fondly and want to have the scents to reminisce later.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 1:06 pm

>"it's amazing how different scents can immediately remind you of differnet things."

That's right; Moulton Brown reminds me of Seabourn Cruise Line, Floris of The Stafford Hotel in London, Prell of summer camp, Old Spice of my Father, and Hai Karate of a former lover.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 5:11 am

deleted

Last edited by senyorito_nes; Oct 22, 2008 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by JanePond
>"it's amazing how different scents can immediately remind you of differnet things."

That's right; Moulton Brown reminds me of Seabourn Cruise Line, Floris of The Stafford Hotel in London, Prell of summer camp, Old Spice of my Father, and Hai Karate of a former lover.
The sense of smell is the most "primal" of the senses, hardwired directly into our memories. Smelling MB immediately puts me at the PHT in a jet-lagged haze. They switched to Aesop, which triggers a similar response.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Loved the Etro Toiletries at the Little Nell, Aspen. started out in small bottles, but when we asked for more, got I'd guess 6 - 8 oz. ones. The conditioner was wonderful!!! As much as I love the Bulgari scent - both eau tea vert & blanc and as much as they bring back fond memories of cruising the Med, their conditioners really don't do anything for my long hair.

Had never seen Etro toiletries before, although I love their clothes and accessories. Makes me wonder if this is their own brand or if they, or any other big designer names, repackage other's product with their labels.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.departures.com/articles/spa-ing-in-sardinia
(john smith / 371909)
...the first Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Spa has opened at the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda...Blu Mediterraneo line: Capri Orange, Tuscan Cypress, Sicilian Almond, and Amalfi Fig. The spa’s most exceptional offer is the Full Day Escape ($1,440): seven hours of individually tailored treatments that cleanse, exfoliate, massage, and moisturize, justly interrupted by a delicious lunch on the yacht club’s terrace, normally reserved for members only...rumor has it that a second Acqua di Parma spa will be opening in New York City by the end of the year.
also FYI brendamc & Frequent_Flyer1 >
http://www.departures.com/articles/amenity-we-love
We’ve seen Etro amenities in rooms before but nothing like the 2.8-ounce tubes of intoxicating Musk hair and body products at Design Hotel DO & CO in Vienna.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:25 am
Community Director Emerita

I got large containers (75ml) of Acqua di Parma at Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam. I felt that the hotel's choice of toiletries was one more affirmation of their level of luxury. I much prefer a branded toiletry to the unknown brand, refillable containers used by the Aman properties where I've stayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.