Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by jja34-1
The Principe di Savoia in Milan also has nice travel size Aqua di Parma products (and lots of them).

Sadly, the grande dame of Milan is showing a bit of wear and tear. Hopefully the Dorchester Group will fix her up.
The Principe does supply quite a nice range of Aqua di Parma products. And I totally agree on the wear and tear - such a beautiful hotel though. Just need to find a reason for a trip to Milan soon...

I'm another big MB fan - I find their little sample bottles (which soften the blow when spending GBP15 on a bottle of shower gel ) are perfect for short business trips. Fortunately my gym, Holmes Place Canary Riverside (which is also the health club for the FS Canary Wharf) also supplies MB toiletries, so no need to cart them there.

I'm currently billeted at the RC Bahrain, which doesn't have anything special on the toiletries front - though still a very nice hotel.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 12:25 pm

Blaise Mautin

[QUOTE=broadwayboy]
I have to admit that I am slightly obssessed with Blaise Mautin (given at the Park Hyatt Paris and I believe, Milan as well). The scent is rather strong but it is fabulously original.

I just stayed at the Park Venadome and love the Blaise Mautin handlotion. Is this the same scent that is infused throughout the hotel? I'm embrassed to say that I came home with a more than a few bottles.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
[QUOTE=ricepaddy2]
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I have to admit that I am slightly obssessed with Blaise Mautin (given at the Park Hyatt Paris and I believe, Milan as well). The scent is rather strong but it is fabulously original.

I just stayed at the Park Venadome and love the Blaise Mautin handlotion. Is this the same scent that is infused throughout the hotel? I'm embrassed to say that I came home with a more than a few bottles.

Still trying to find out where else to get this - we're at the PH Vendome in Nov, so I'll be stocking up... Would prefer to find somewhere to buy, tho.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
The body lotion (Forest Essentials) from Trump International is great. Not amazing scent- but it is a great moisturizer and I live the pump top on it.

For scent and fabulous packaging I have to say the toiletries at the Villa d'Este on Lake Como. Package says it is made by Helleboro exclusively for the hotel.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:28 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up Kiehles

Got introduced to Kiehls Protein shampoo, Conditioner 133, Body Wash, at The Hotel in South Beach, last year. It was great for an itchy scalp, that did not respond to anything, since I moved to San Diego. VERY HARD Water with a VERY high pH. Not even the Dermatologist could help.

For the first time in my life, my hair felt normal as it should aftter washing, and the Conditioner 133 left in or as a grooming aid is fantastic. The Herbal protein shampoo is even better. Very concentrated, so only a few drops are needed for the average shampoo lather. They are not noted for their scents. They have many other products with many different scents.
But being over 150 years on the market in a New York Parmacy, I wonder why it took 50 years of searching to find it!

Oh yes, the scalp feels, just great!

Old Nov 1, 2004, 7:55 am

Cosmetics offered in luxury hotels

Hi all,

I'm more usually a budget traveller so I tend to get non-branded hair-and-body-wash (ew!) when I stay at hotels, but as I am currently writing an article on hotel toiletries for a cosmetics magazine I am in desperate need of amenities inspiration. I found this talk board via a google search and was very interested to read the comments and comparisons on different cosmetics brands in posh/less-posh hotels.

I get the impression that the choice or otherwise of toiletries is quite important when staying in luxury hotels - does it tend to influence your opinion of your stay at that particular hotel? Assuming that most luxury hotels offer a similar level of room fittings - would the type of cosmetics offered make a difference when choosing a particular hotel/chain?

Thanks!

Editress
Old Nov 1, 2004, 2:40 pm
omh

Programs: LH: FTL HH: Gold LHW: LC Sixt: Gold
For me the cosmetics doesn't influence if I stay at a hotel or not but
it's a nice touch and do it's part to my feeling of an hotel.
If stayed at great hotels where everything was nearly perfect but I don't know why but I'm remembering about the worse shower gel.

So I think the cosmetics are a part of the whole wellfeeling emotion.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 3:13 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Luxury hotels have introduced me to several branded toiletries I did not know of. The Waldorf Towers introduced me to Penhaligons, especially the Blenheim Bouquet, which is one of my favourite toiletry. I always load up when I am in London and is a product I use most frequently. The Savoy and The Dorchester introduced me to Floris, which I also like; and Four Seasons to L'Occitane and Bulgari.

However, the toiletries provided by the hotel is not the deciding factor in the choice of a luxury hotel for me. I usually carry my own miniature supply of shampoo etc in the case what is provided to me is something I am not too fond of. Service, location, and price are larger deciding factors for me.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Blaise Mautin

If I remember correctly, there are some BM products for sale at Printemps. However, they are not the same ones given at PH Vendome.

I emailed PH Vendome few weeks ago asking where I can buy the BM products, but haven't received any answers. Perhaps you can ask the concierge during your stay and inquire for us?

Originally Posted by brendamc
Still trying to find out where else to get this - we're at the PH Vendome in Nov, so I'll be stocking up... Would prefer to find somewhere to buy, tho.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Aqua di Parma - wow, now THAT's impressive! I have to make a note of that.
Also Acqua di Parma products at the Gritti Palace in Venice.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, AA 2 million miler,Concierge Key, BA Ex Gold, One World Emerald
"Floris" at Claridges in London
Old Jun 2, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Bvlgari products, as well as Aqua Di Parma, smell like cheap and overpowering men's cologne to me, so when i'm staying at a hotel with these toiletries, i usually just use my own stash (Kerastase shampoo, Lush conditioner, Shiseido facewash and La Mer body lotion).

I absolutely love Hotel on Rivington's products (in NYC): REN of London.

Bliss products at W's serve me well.

I love the sinksides at Bellagio, THEhotel (at Mandalay Bay) and Wynn in Las Vegas. Very fresh scents without overdrying the skin.

BN
Old Jun 2, 2007, 8:57 am

My favorite hotel in London (The Stafford) uses Floris. My favorite cruise line (Seabourn) uses Molton Brown. When I am finishing up the bottles I have brought home, each one reminds me of lovely times. But I prefer the Floris.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
my partner unfortunately had to spend sometime at the wellington hospital in london recently. they use molton brown stuff there and whenever we see it in hotels it just reminds us of the horrible time he had last year! needless to say, when we say at a peninsula now, we bring our own stuff...

it's amazing how different scents can immediately remind you of differnet things.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 11:51 am
Community Director Emerita

My current favorites:
  • Laura Tonnato, Park Hyatt, Milan
  • Blaise Mautin, Park Hyatt DC - specially formulated for this hotel, and has a smoky fragrance
  • Hermes d'orange verte, various
  • Penhaligon Blenheim, Inverlochy Castle, Scotland

One of my frustrations with different toiletries is how difficult it is to get product out of the bottle. The W Bliss products are an excellent example. The little bottles are quite rigid, and it is difficult to expel product. Another example is the Park Hyatt DC bottle, particularly for the lotion. The bottle is rectangular, with the opening in the middle of the long side. The first bit of lotion is easy enough to get out; then it grows increasingly difficult. I like the Acqua di Parma and Bulgari containers, where the lotion comes out of the base. It makes it quite easy to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.