Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 6:43 am

Hermes and Bulgari hands down -- found in various hotels worldwide, but haven't seen much of Bulgari since it branched out into the hotel business itself....
Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:09 am
In memoriam

We found Bulgari white tea at the RC in Berlin last week. Haven't seen the green for years - think last time was the FS in Beverly Hills.

The hotel we're at now has L'Occitane Verbena - which I don't much care for.

Wonder how much personal likes/dislikes depend on one's sex - and the climate where one lives. I'm a female - and I like certain scents when it's cool - and others during our long hot Florida summers. One especially good summer scent is the house brand at the Breakers in Palm Beach - which I think is called Sun Petals. You can buy it on line from the Breakers web site (the milled soap is a bargain - only $2 for a large bar). Robyn
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:28 am

A vote for Christina Ong's 'Como Shambhala' products - as used by the Metropolitan Bangkok and her Balinese properties (amongst others). Marvellous stuff. I now buy it by the (big) bottle from the Met in London...
Old Jul 14, 2007, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I love Molton Brown and Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte products. Ive actually been able to buy Hermes soaps on ebay for more than half off the price of the retail stores! Definitely worth a look if you like to indulge and dont have an upcoming stay at your favorite Hermes-stocking hotel anytime soon.

When at the PH Zurich, the concierge told me the Blaise Mautin products they use were created especially for a distinct few Hyatts across the globe.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by limelight
A vote for Christina Ong's 'Como Shambhala' products - as used by the Metropolitan Bangkok and her Balinese properties (amongst others). Marvellous stuff. I now buy it by the (big) bottle from the Met in London...
Ditto - wonderful stuff. Got a whole stash from BKK last time and am still enjoying it.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 7:43 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Fullerton Hotel Singapore use Bvlgari White Tea in the suites (unsure about guestrooms). Still prefer Eau de The Vert though......
Old Jul 16, 2007, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I love Molton Brown and Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte products. Ive actually been able to buy Hermes soaps on ebay for more than half off the price of the retail stores! Definitely worth a look if you like to indulge and dont have an upcoming stay at your favorite Hermes-stocking hotel anytime soon.

When at the PH Zurich, the concierge told me the Blaise Mautin products they use were created especially for a distinct few Hyatts across the globe.
I actually got a bottle of the Mermes Eau d'Orange at the Le Meridien Cancun as an amenity. It's certainly not a true luxury hotel, so the bottle was quite a surprise.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI

limelight and fliar >
...and the cultishly collected Como Shambhala Invigorate shampoo and shower gel products. A perfect blend of geranium, lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint, the products were previously only available at the Como Resorts...Urban Zen store, 705 Greenwich St; 212-206-3999
(from latest Departures)

Ren fans >
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....5&postcount=12
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by luxury
Fullerton Hotel Singapore use Bvlgari White Tea in the suites (unsure about guestrooms). Still prefer Eau de The Vert though......
The Westgate in San Diego uses Bulgari green tea for all the rooms. They're small enough that they fit into my soap dishes from India and make the whole bathroom smell great.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: SK EBD, Starwood/Marriott/RC, Hertz, Avis, AmXP, DC, etc.
I would have to say that my favourite hotel toiletries are any that don't make me gag in the shower... so many of them, even the fancy brands, are so heavily scented of flowers, or sickly sweet smells, that I can't even use them, so always carry my own, and smell first before stepping into the shower without an alternative.

Having said that, I tend to be partial to Molton Brown, although prefer some of the retail scents over the hotel line, but have stocked up -- at the Dunbrody Country House Hotel in Ireland, when I mentioned to the maid that I liked the MB products and could I have an extra, she handed me a huge handful of extra bath gels, shampoos, etc., so now I'm set with those for my travel bag.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Fliar
Ditto - wonderful stuff. Got a whole stash from BKK last time and am still enjoying it.
Another vote for Met's Como Shambala toiletries along with MB and Aesop.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Mine has to be Aromatherapy Associates, used in a fair few MO's.
Great stuff...
Old Feb 26, 2008, 8:20 am

So you all love your chemicals?

Scary that so many of you love all those chemical toiletries - Molton Brown, Frederik Fekkai etc. They are not made from flowers these days but come from a laboratory and are fashioned from yummy petrochemical waste. Ian Schrager used to use REN, which was a lot better, but most hotels, even when they have no chemicals in their spas, put junk toiletries in their rooms. use them at your peril.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm using the toiletries of the RF Astoria (LED), I love them. I actually don't know who made those as they are RF branded, or splecifically blended for RF. Anyone knows?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Scary that so many of you love all those chemical toiletries - Molton Brown, Frederik Fekkai etc. They are not made from flowers these days but come from a laboratory and are fashioned from yummy petrochemical waste. Ian Schrager used to use REN, which was a lot better, but most hotels, even when they have no chemicals in their spas, put junk toiletries in their rooms. use them at your peril.

Oooh, the drama! Give me a break. It's shampoo and soap and people have been using the stuff for years. Use what you like, whether it's chemical or organic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.