When We Can Travel Again

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:04 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Travel expectations among other CORVID futures:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ronavirus.html
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Gold, National Exec
We just did a weekend in Santa Barbara (stayed at the Kimpton Canary with my dog). I've been pretty cautious through this whole pandemic (quarantining, masks, etc). The Kimpton has a bunch of rules in effect to manage through at the moment - they don't book the rooms for 72 hours after a stay, which effectively puts them at ~50% capacity at any given time. That being said, they were 'full' when we went. Masks required in all public areas and hand sanitizer stations EVERYWHERE. Restaurants in SB were also practicing social distancing - we opted to sit outside everywhere we ate and were definitely far enough from other tables, which is nice.

As things are starting to open up, and i'm going stir crazy/burnt out from work, i'm looking into a serious vacation sometime soon. Am I nuts for thinking about Mexico (specifically Punta Mita)?! Picking it because 1) loved it the last time i went, 2) good surf spots, and 3) st. regis / four seasons are not insane re: pricing at the moment.

Knowing it's ever-evolving, what are people's thoughts/opinions on travel at the moment (as of 6/15) to luxury resorts that you may have to fly to?
instyleprincess likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Re: the above:
Will you have to quarantine upon your return to the States?
Can you get a flight? Cancun and Los Cabos are opening up but have seen no plans for Puerto Vallarta.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Good point. I've seen LAX to PVR going pretty regularly at the moment!

And re: quarantine, I think i will for a bit. I have a baby shower that I will need to go to upon return (will depend on my timing to go) so that's definitely a consideration!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:12 pm

I wouldn’t feel comfortable flying until there’s a vaccine. We’ll be traveling domestically, via car, until then!
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Peninsula Beverly Hills has reopened.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Just checked into a residence at Four Seasons Jackson Hole. We may have been one of their first guests, but they are handling the the new virus procedures really well. Flight were very full, but 95% mask compliance was a good sign.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 1:14 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

We reopened our hotel in Tuscany last Friday. With all the necessary safety measures, staff wearing masks, constantly disinfecting everything. Being on a private hilltop with only 12 rooms makes distancing easy. Running at about 50% occupancy, mainly Italians and foreigners living in Italy. The next few weeks is a constant up-and-down, busy weekends and very quiet midweek. We’re getting a lot of bookings for July and August though, from various European countries.

The new realty

Almost feels normal
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
Just checked into a residence at Four Seasons Jackson Hole. We may have been one of their first guests, but they are handling the the new virus procedures really well. Flight were very full, but 95% mask compliance was a good sign.
We are headed that way next month. If you have time, please report back on dining options.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:43 am
BLV

Just completed a stay at Setai SoBe. Felt 90% normal, with 10% being attributed to staff wearing masks/gloves.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:05 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got an email from the Corinthia in London announcing a firm re-opening date (for now) of July 4. I guess they expect a change to the UK's current 14 day quarantine requirement? No major initial discounts are mentioned but there is a previously existing third night free offer for suites.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just got an email from the Corinthia in London announcing a firm re-opening date (for now) of July 4. I guess they expect a change to the UK's current 14 day quarantine requirement? No major initial discounts are mentioned but there is a previously existing third night free offer for suites.
Perhaps they are hoping that domestic demand might suffice in the meantime.
offerendum and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:08 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Domestic demand and maybe some of their customers fall into the various “Swiss cheese” holes in the quarantine scheme. If it is confirmed that people from a few countries can come in as well as diplomats, road warriors and others, then I guess they might have enough to make it worthwhile.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:57 pm

Just booked a 2-night stay at Aman Venice this coming weekend.
Surprisingly enough plane tickets from Paris are super expensive and availability is limited. After 3-4 months without traveling it seems everybody is willing to fly 😋
I also booked tickets to Houston / Miami early September I hope the US/Europe travel ban will be lifted by then.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
We are headed that way next month. If you have time, please report back on dining options.
Dining at the Four Seasons is somewhat limited, but every other restaurant in the area is open. We have been eating outside exclusively just to be safe. I think the main restaurant at the hotel is about to open. Amangani is only serving their own guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.