Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
did you book full board at CBR?

might get free / deal on board from soneva (incl corporate)

odd they say charge 1 give 4 instead of charge 0 give 3
with 3 nights free being equivalent to 50% off 6 nights
CBR don't offer full or half board but I know Velaa and Jani does. Since it's their fault to cancel my reservation, I think it's fair to ask for all meals to be comp in all the resort we are staying
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:07 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by silverlim
The way they worded is refund for what we have pre-paid than charge 1 night out of the 4 night stay in CBR.
But they aren't covering any of the 7 nights at Velaa or Jani?

Sorry, my friend. But your description isn't as clear as perhaps you believe. We want to help, but we aren't sure what the details are on offer!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:11 pm

The way they worded is refund for what we have pre-paid than charge 1 night out of the 4 night stay in CBR.
But I guess you have to pay for Jani or Velaa out of your refund? If so, they're only really giving you 3 free nights and transfers as compensation - which sounds like quite a poor initial offer. I don't buy that it's their "final" offer - they're just doing that to try and get you to accept. I think that if they covered your F&B at Velaa or Jani then you'd be getting closer to an acceptable offer. I'd want in writing what exactly VIP means - it's a term that's banded around far too much and usually doesn't mean anything.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhrubin
But they aren't covering any of the 7 nights at Velaa or Jani?

Sorry, my friend. But your description isn't as clear as perhaps you believe. We want to help, but we aren't sure what the details are on offer!
Sorry for not being clear
1) Full refund of the prepaynment we paid
2) CBR will cover 7 night accomodation only in (Velaa or Jani or both depending villa availability)
3)4 night in CBR, and they are charging only for 1 night
4) Transfer cost between airport-resort-airport is covered by CBR
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

understood, sorry, was wondering if they offered it

7 nights vs 11? is 4 at cheval blanc during your dates?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
understood, sorry, was wondering if they offered it

7 nights vs 11? is 4 at cheval blanc during your dates?
Our initial stay is 11 night all in CBR, the person who buy out CBR stay till Sept 16, so we could return to stay in CBR from 17th onward, so the first 7 night in either Jani/Velaa
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:15 pm

2) CBR will cover 7 night accomodation only in (Velaa or Jani or both depending villa availability)
So you're paying for 1 out of your 11 night stay in the Maldives? I'd say that's an acceptable deal. You would have had to pay for your food at CBR anyway, right? Perhaps at a minimum get breakfast included at Jani or Velaa if it's not already.

I think that sounds like a pretty good resolution to me.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sounds like they did not tell you that originally, real failure at service/communication

or half board, or some kind of credit, or something from CBR + something from soneva

wonder what CBR would actually pay for board..
jani is currently offering free for holiday stays
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I would take that offer and run. Even with 1 night paid (strange they would ask for that), it's good enough to put a rest to the back and forth and focus on enjoying the vacation.

I would push to get breakfast included at Velaa/Jani (do all rates include breakfast anyways?), but don't see why you should get full board as CBR does not offer full board AFAIK.

Pretty crummy situation and an absolutely terrible response but if the outcome is pay one night get 10, it could have been worse.
nmuva98, Aventine and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:36 pm

You have hit the jackpot.

cha ching.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:43 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

I would still try to get full refund and comp 4 nights with NO charge for even 1 night. They are ignoring the broken promise, let alone the fact that you may have to change properties once or twice, a very inconvenient, annoying, and time consuming feat each time. That inconvenience and broken promise of your 11 night stay should mean you get the 7 nights free at Velaa and/or Jani AND 4 nights free at CBR. Then you can pay for your own incidentals at all of the properties--as you would have done originally.

They handled this terribly...and cheaply. The fact that they dropped the ball on you like this means they should eat it--not you. They want more profit by selling out the whole property: fine. Then they can share some of that with you for the blatant inconvenience.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:48 pm

I wouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face here. Yes, there's some inconvenience and it wasn't the holiday you planned - but you're almost getting all your money back and an 11 night holiday for 1 night's charge. I'm all for negotiating hard (and their communication has been incredibly poor) but this does seem like a fair offer to me.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jonjparr
I wouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face here. Yes, there's some inconvenience and it wasn't the holiday you planned - but you're almost getting all your money back and an 11 night holiday for 1 night's charge. I'm all for negotiating hard (and their communication has been incredibly poor) but this does seem like a fair offer to me.
I would agree with this...if the property had offered this originally and not stressed out the OP with their screw-the-pooch approach. The property showcased how not to handle a buyout, and caused irreparable harm to their brand and reputation. The property showed horrible judgment and caused a lot of stress for their customer. If it were me, I would push harder. They want me to come back, they need to show they know they bungled this. They can show that by comp'ing all 4 nights at CBR as well as the other 7 nights.

Come on, everyone knows it's odd that they are holding out for 1 night's revenue after screwing over this customer.

The only way businesses learn to not abuse or take advantage of customers is when they get burnt by having to lose money. Otherwise, they are enabled to continue with bad service. This was atrocious service, and they should pay for it.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I would agree with this...if the property had offered this originally and not stressed out the OP with their screw-the-pooch approach. The property showcased how not to handle a buyout, and caused irreparable harm to their brand and reputation. The property showed horrible judgment and caused a lot of stress for their customer. If it were me, I would push harder. They want me to come back, they need to show they know they bungled this. They can show that by comp'ing all 4 nights at CBR as well as the other 7 nights.

Come on, everyone knows it's odd that they are holding out for 1 night's revenue after screwing over this customer.

The only way businesses learn to not abuse or take advantage of customers is when they get burnt by having to lose money. Otherwise, they are enabled to continue with bad service. This was atrocious service, and they should pay for it.
I don't deny they handled it terribly. It was badly communicated and there appears to have been some deception but a 91% refund and covering the cost of transfers is fair. I actually don't think it's odd to ask for 1 nights accommodation - I really didn't expect them to comp the entire holiday bungled communication or not.
Pierre&Cédric likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jonjparr
I don't deny they handled it terribly. It was badly communicated and there appears to have been some deception but a 91% refund and covering the cost of transfers is fair. I actually don't think it's odd to ask for 1 nights accommodation - I really didn't expect them to comp the entire holiday bungled communication or not.
Expecting more and not enabling bad behavior are big parts of why I'm so successful in life...and why I've been so successful in getting excellent service recovery from so many hotels, airlines, and businesses that have screwed the pooch for us.

You can't get more if you don't ask/negotiate for more.

The OP was happy to have prepaid for his 11 night stay. The hotel decided to cancel that for greener pastures elsewhere. If the hotel is entitled to get more, so is the OP.

#karma

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.