Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DSI
Chevel Blanc is the type of place where you have to wear a tuxedo. You may find other Maldives resorts to be more enjoyable since they'd be less stuffy. 7 nights is a long time at one of these places, so I would consider splitting up both Soneva resorts.

Bear in mind that a lot of these resorts are owned by the same people, the GM's know each other and many of the staff are friends/family with other staff at other resorts. I'm of the opinion that the service will be nearly equally superb (as it was when we went to the two COMO resorts) across many of the resorts.

Use that 50% coupon for the festive season next year and book four rooms. I'm sure a few of us might be willing to jump on that offer!

Sorry for the headache, and I understand the anticipation you had given their beautiful rooms, but this might be a nice miss considering the service you've already received.
J, Bey, Blue Ivy and the twins in evening formal wear? He'd be more likely to wear the Big Ballur Brand shoes there than a tux.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
scented, in past what have you heard in terms of offers, in terms of refund plus, or plus instead of refund, etc. cant recall if you were one who had adjusted dates at aman's request?
Can't recall which instance you mean exactly, or if it was me, but it happened twice to me but was always handled very graciously. Refund + multi-level upgrade and preferable rate for adjusted dates. Final bill did not include several meals, etc. Generous. But communication is key and this is where they excelled!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:53 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Damn, after Six Senses Zil Payson, here goes another one of the places off my go-to list... both due to management's awful handling of problems.

Good luck to the OP, don't give up easily!
nmuva98, bhrubin and mumum17 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What is the OP's Virtuoso agent doing about this mess?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
scented, in past what have you heard in terms of offers, in terms of refund plus, or plus instead of refund, etc. cant recall if you were one who had adjusted dates at aman's request?
Refund + multi-level upgrade and preferable rate for adjusted dates. Final bill did not include several meals, etc. Generous. But communication is key and this is where they excelled!
back to cheval blanc maldives, still only 45 rooms (not big) curious how many impacted

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 9:16 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
You should update the title with the full resort name in it for google cache purposes.
susanc, surftb15, ctrlf and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:57 am

That's really extreme, sorry to hear it and hope dispute will be fully resolved in your favor.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:13 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Moderators: please change title to include full resort name

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
You should update the title with the full resort name in it for google cache purposes.
I absolutely agree! I also will alert mods to this.

I strongly believe that public relations and social media will be keys to helping the OP resolve this to a satisfactory level. Only when shamed publicly do some arrogant businesses revert to being reasonable and fair.

The Cheval Blanc Randheli management deserves to be shamed into proper and appropriately generous service recovery after these arrogant shenanigans and the pitiful manner in which they've handled this situation thus far. For a property that prides itself on sublime service, it has revealed itself to be nothing more than a greedy ....... with no care at all for its customers.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:13 am

silverlim, very sorry to hear about what has happened. This is just completely unacceptable for a hotel to cancel on such a short notice and not to offer some serious compensations in return. I can't see myself ever spending a dime with these people. If it could happen to you, it could happen to any of its other customers and they just don't seem to give a damn
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silverlim
They just ask us to reschedule our dates, and no guarantee we won't get walked again. The compensation was ridiculous which is 50% off regular rate
if they offered 50% off, that would indicate either not keeping payment, or would allow payment to be used for longer stay(s)

people replying in thread >
3 mention using the 50% offer

other people's replies >
- transfer stay or comp future stay
- comp 1/2 nights + flight change fee
- refund + flight change fee
(50% off more valuable than 2nd/3rd)

CBR has at least one yacht, if of interest >
4 cabins for up to 8 adults and 2 children
master suite + 1 guest cabin + 2 twin cabins
four crew Captain, a Host and Deckhand
Azimut 98 Leonardo 30m

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 9:26 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:18 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Happy to oblige.
Obscure2k
susanc and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
if they offered 50% off, that would indicate either not keeping payment, or would allow payment to be used for longer stay(s)

people replying in thread >
3 mention using the 50% offer

other people's replies >
- transfer stay or comp future stay
- comp 1/2 nights + flight change fee
- refund + flight change fee
(50% off more valuable than 2nd/3rd)

jani web availability (talk to jani manager) >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post28729891
maldives properties by location >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26788474
The 50% off "offer" is only valuable if one is willing to try to go back to this property.

Moreover, for many people, the Maldives would be a once in a lifetime trip, not an annual destination.
susanc likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

unclear what hotel (who) said re refund before OP asked for all expenses

jani has run various special offers, not sure re the expired offers this year

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 12:17 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:27 am

Social media can help, though I guess it will be more exciting for them to speak about Jay-Z (or whoever) booking an entire island than explaning how complicated it was for other people to rearrange their holidays.

And contacting other medias would not help, LVMH spends millions in ads in all magazines, so nobody would do anything which might affects these revenues.

To me the hotel should reimburse prepaid nights, plane tickets, and offer 50% off the best rate with guaranteed upgrade anytime of the year to CBR or any other CB property worldwide. This should come in a written letter with apologies. And once you are actually there comp one or several meals or spa treatments. May be I am too kind but I would not ask for more.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Can anyone check Soneva Jani availability, I notice Scented and Kagehitokiri noted Jani has availability for my date Sept 10-21 but I checked 13th not available. The resident manager lie again as he mentioned 10th was not available which is not true but is there a way to know the true inventory Jani have

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.