Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the agent is employed by a travel agency, the owner should also have been pulled in to help
+1 to this. Depending on the OP's agent, they may be affiliated with one of the larger travel agencies. For example I'd have thought a Travel Leaders or Ovation agent should be able to run this up the chain quite quickly and get someone senior involved, and given the total spend they drive, one would hope LVMH take note.

As others have mentioned, thanks to the OP to raising this. I was considering a stay here (and at Six Senses Seychelles before that story) - now I'm better informed and am glad the respective resorts will miss out on FT's collective business as a result. Hopefully adequate compensation will be forthcoming.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
i might value upgrade/discount more than refund, if rebooking matches prepaid
even when assuming hotels do not pay other hotels published rates/costs, etc
in unlikely event of owners villa, yacht, etc i might take no refund & any dates
Always asuming the OP would ever wish to return to this property - which I wouldn't on the basis of what has been shared.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i deliberately never assumed anything, but was pointing out variation

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I'd try to push for staying. Could be a lot of fun partying with A-list celebrities, and if they are true SJW's they won't mind the riffraff joining them.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:20 pm

It's hard to imagine this happening to anyone, but it seems to indicate what sort of property Cheval Blanc Randheli really is.

A true luxury resort would not walk customers to appease some buffoon celebre who can't be bothered to plan far enough in advance.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

this thread already has many reports of same cancellation happening elsewhere

communication from hotel is # 1 problem here, then how their offers started

Originally Posted by DSI
I'd try to push for staying. Could be a lot of fun partying with A-list celebrities, and if they are true SJW's they won't mind the riffraff joining them.
joking aside, security can be a bummer
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
this thread already has many reports of same cancellation happening elsewhere
So, it's OK because others have done it? A commitment means nothing?

Why rush to excuse CBR?

It would be more advantageous to honor and patronize properties that don't engage in this practice.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
A true luxury resort would not walk customers to appease some buffoon celebre who can't be bothered to plan far enough in advance.
I think you're being incredible short-sighted here, just as I think Cheval Blanc Randheli is being shortsighted in their response.

I absolutely understand the business case for a hotel - especially in low season - to accept a buyout.

What pains me for silverlim's sake is their absurd response.

This is not hard; once you know you're accepting the buyout, you

A) immediately inform all impacted guests
B) offer guests similar accommodations options at other resorts (paid by the property), including at least some of F&B/Spa/Activities
C) refund all monies

Most importantly, communicate, Communicate, COMMUNICATE!

Heck, over communicate.

silverlim, I'm so terribly sorry for this aggravation and frustration you are experiencing ... caused directly by Cheval Blanc Randheli's utterly dropping the ball.

Though I know it is much easier said than done, do try to take a deep breath, and "problem solve" at the moment, by finding and having an alternative booked. You want to enjoy your holiday, as we all wish for you, too.

I hope your agent is working diligently on your behalf, and that Cheval Blanc Randheli management come to their senses and treat you to a wonderful experience at another property, as well as ensure you feel welcomed for a future stay (as their guest, 50% off, something like that) at Cheval Blanc Randheli in the future.

Good luck, and please, PLEASE enjoy your holiday. I know it will end up being phenomenal.

Last edited by aa213bb; Aug 24, 2017 at 3:43 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Slightly OT... I was thinking about this whilst cooking dinner this evening. There are certain ultra high end properties on the Cote d'Azur which maintain a blacklist of guests who were obnoxious, overly demanding or rude. They aren't allowed to return. These hotels would never, ever do what Cheval Blanc are doing in this instance.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

aa213bb and jonjparr say it better than i can, as usual

maldives hotels are not owned freehold. they have a local partner, and may lease the islands. we dont know ownership of CBR.

every hotel company, including luxury hotel chains, will advertise buyouts. governments can also have a say in operations, how much depends on country in question.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the support. You guys have been helping us to stay mentally strong while going this ordeal. Shout out to HKTravller, bhrubin, scented, mike la jolla for standing on my side. Many thanks for the advice given.

As of now, through the fight of my virtuoso agent, the "final" offer from CBR which i have not agreed upon, is as below
1) Refund prepayment less 1 night
2) 7 night stay in either Velaa or Jani or both depending on the villa availability ( but doesn't cover full board)
3) All transfer including seaplane to and from Male airport and between resort
4) 4 night stay in CBR for the remaining night, with VIP treatment ( no mention what specific perks or addition treatment we get)

I still think we are under compensated especially we still have to pay for 1 night out of this ordeal, what irks me the most , is they wouldn't cover full board during our stay in CBR/Velaa/Jani, which likely run up higher than a 1 night cost in CBR

Can we keep pushing higher? Still no phone call or email from the GM, all we have been dealing with is still the resident manager.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by aa213bb
I think you're being incredible short-sighted here, just as I think Cheval Blanc Randheli is being shortsighted in their response.

I absolutely understand the business case for a hotel - especially in low season - to accept a buyout.
I don't think it's that shortsighted to expect a Maldivian luxury resort not to do this. There are blog posts comparing these resorts down to the last detail--beach quality, reef quality, restaurant experience, etc. If OP had his heart set on some specific attribute that makes CBR stand out, then I don't see how similar accommodations could ever appease.

If resort management want to behave as though their resort is interchangeable with any other, then there should be fallout from that reputation. An interchangeable property is one that cannot command a price premium.
nmuva98 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by silverlim
Thanks for all the support. You guys have been helping us to stay mentally strong while going this ordeal. Shout out to HKTravller, bhrubin, scented, mike la jolla for standing on my side. Many thanks for the advice given.

As of now, through the fight of my virtuoso agent, the "final" offer from CBR which i have not agreed upon, is as below
1) Refund prepayment less 1 night
2) 7 night stay in either Velaa or Jani or both depending on the villa availability ( but doesn't cover full board)
3) All transfer including seaplane to and from Male airport and between resort
4) 4 night stay in CBR for the remaining night, with VIP treatment ( no mention what specific perks or addition treatment we get)

I still think we are under compensated especially we still have to pay for 1 night out of this ordeal, what irks me the most , is they wouldn't cover full board during our stay in CBR/Velaa/Jani, which likely run up higher than a 1 night cost in CBR

Can we keep pushing higher? Still no phone call or email from the GM, all we have been dealing with is still the resident manager.
Just for the abundance of clarity are they offering to refund all your money less 1 night and book a 7 night stay at Velaa or Jani and a 4 night stay at CBR at their expense?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did you book / get full board at CBR?

might get free / deal on board from soneva (incl corporate)

odd they say charge 1 give 4, instead of charge 0 give 3
with 3 nights free being equivalent to 50% off 6 nights

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jonjparr
Just for the abundance of clarity are they offering to refund all your money less 1 night and book a 7 night stay at Velaa or Jani and a 4 night stay at CBR at their expense?

The way they worded is refund for what we have pre-paid than charge 1 night out of the 4 night stay in CBR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.