Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Curious why do they need to bring their own carpets?
Whilst not mentioned, they almost certainly will have brought their own toilets too. Generally based around not wanting contact with anything used by the general public.

I have a mate who works for a Saudi prince on his yacht. Crew of 100. The guy has NEVER used the boat, ever. It is his dream job, tax free seafarers salary with no work (and indeed very little sailing).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Raffles
Whilst not mentioned, they almost certainly will have brought their own toilets too. Generally based around not wanting contact with anything used by the general public.

I have a mate who works for a Saudi prince on his yacht. Crew of 100. The guy has NEVER used the boat, ever. It is his dream job, tax free seafarers salary with no work (and indeed very little sailing).
Don't sailers want to sail rather than just waiting around with nothing to do?
bhrubin and tcmb99 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Inside the Saudi King’s 1,500-Person Entourage in Moscow

Saudi officials booked two entire luxury hotels and brought their own carpets and hotel staff with King Salman bin Abdulaziz on his historic visit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rage-in-moscow

"The Saudi government booked two entire luxury hotels for the visit: the Ritz Carlton and the Four Seasons. The latter had to ask some guests to cancel their reservations to make room—and even moved out people who live in the hotel permanently, people familiar with the matter said."
Fun read.

Trip got off to a bad start when he had to walk half way down his own personal escalator when it stopped working. Oh the horror of having to walk down steps! Possibly he is too old and needs it?

On the Mandarin Oriental London show it said that the rich Arab royals rarely settled their hotel bills on leaving and the hotel often had to chase it up for months.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
[QUOTE=Raffles;28909919]Whilst not mentioned, they almost certainly will have brought their own toilets too. Generally based around not wanting contact with anything used by the general public.

QUOTE]

Wouldn't that mean bringing everything? Knives, plates, cups, sheets, pillows?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=Annalisa12;28918324]
Originally Posted by Raffles

QUOTE]

Wouldn't that mean bringing everything? Knives, plates, cups, sheets, pillows?
I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:23 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Call me crazy, but I could care less about what the Saudis or other royals do or don't bring with them when they cause an entire hotel's guest roster to find alternative accommodation.

Perhaps we can get back to the OT...thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't sailers want to sail rather than just waiting around with nothing to do?
He's not a sailor, he is support staff.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:38 am

I think we should leave all moderation to the Moderators. Whilst I'm happy to take instruction from them about the direction or content of a thread I think the system falls apart when we have official and unofficial moderators trying to instruct about the content of a thread.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
This was quite a story! I am looking to book Cheval Blanc Randheli.....but after reading this, I am not so sure.. OP how was your trip??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.