Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Now the resort manager has offered 3 nights free on full board basis OR 1 night reimbursed if I delete my tripadvisor review.

Which I don't think should be done, as people need to know about the security situation.

I don't think I can get anymore from the resort itself. But I may take the 3 nights.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by surftb15
Now the resort manager has offered 3 nights free on full board basis OR 1 night reimbursed if I delete my tripadvisor review.

Which I don't think should be done, as people need to know about the security situation.
I appreciate your integrity. I hope you stand solid on the review remaining. You've done a valuable thing both with your participation in this thread and your TripAdvisor review. It certainly has made me think about small isolated properties and their overnight support.

And while I understand Six Senses management not publicly discussing the rape case, I don't understand their unwillingness to speak publicly as to the support available onsite overnight. It gives great validity to her report about no staff being available given you experienced the same. This is something that Six Senses needs to address onsite and to publicly state what it is they are doing. That would be a far better response to your TripAdvisor post than attempting to bribe you to remove the report.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I don't think I can get anymore from the resort itself. But I may take the 3 nights.
They're still playing hard ball. Wow.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
They're still playing hard ball. Wow.
Well, at this point, I will take the 3 nights and complain to corporate - as the hotel won't do anything else. In their mind, the damage is already done based on the TA review and this thread. i would have to remove both which is something I am simply not comfortable with at this time (nor ever).
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer

I think you should add to your Trip Advisor review the above statement.

3 nights is nice but be aware of how you will be treated if something bad happens to you or if you make a complaint even.

I am severely disappointed by such practices to hide the truth.

With how Six Senses PR is replying to this thread and the lack of empathy from their corporate on this situation I will probably cancel my reservation at Six Senses Yao Noi next year.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kzap

3 nights is nice but be aware of how you will be treated if something bad happens to you or if you make a complaint even.

With how Six Senses PR is replying to this thread and the lack of empathy from their corporate on this situation I will probably cancel my reservation at Six Senses Yao Noi next year.
I never really liked Six Senses and this has put the nail in the coffin for me.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by kzap

I agree - to offer compensation in exchange for removal of truthful feedback is a questionable practice. In fact, I wonder whether it is even allowed within TripAdvisor terms of service.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
I agree - to offer compensation in exchange for removal of truthful feedback is a questionable practice. In fact, I wonder whether it is even allowed within TripAdvisor terms of service.
I'm surprised they didn't find fault with the review and have it submitted for TA TOS violations. Apparently, shady properties know the ins and outs and can flag reviews for tiny review violations.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:30 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

jeez.... we planned on going there but fortunately went to Fregate where we had a fantastic experience. Oetker really is a great company.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:49 pm

Dear all, thank you for the support, compassion, balanced comments and thoughts!

As I said above, I didn't want you to take my side or the resort's side regarding the rape case itself, all I need is the fair investigation and the trial, that is why I am going public: I want the resort not to hide the evidences, including the CCTV footage.

And I also want Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas to take the responsibility for the arrogant, dishonest, cruel, unprofessional and, I guess, illegal actions of SS Zil Pasyon managers towards me. They should take proper measures to improve their security and attitude to the guests immediately.

My friends wrote a letter to Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas that sums it up well:

Dear Sirs,
We don't want to wait until December to understand that there is no CCTV footage, we want a fair investigation and then a fair trial.
Please answer the questions - where is the FULL CCTV footage from that night, and why didn't the management call the police immediately the moment the victim found the security and demanded to call the police?
We have a record of the conversation between the victim and Edouard Grosmangin. It was taken in the morning after the rape and you can hear that while the victim is repeatedly demanding the police and the doctor, Edouard gives misleading answers about the police report, continues asking her uncomfortable questions, putting pressure on her and hinting that she is lying and invited the man to her villa herself. It was about 40 minutes long.
We have known the victim for many years, we, her friends, are trying to support her in many ways now. She is a great person, and very strong, but, by maintaining a neutral stance and choosing to not interfere with the situation you are putting her in a very difficult position. Not only must she recover from the rape and trauma of having her life threatened, she is being forced to go through this unbearable process of having to prove herself as a victim. The truth is clear if you watch the CCTV footage from the cameras near her villa - no need to believe her, you just need to see the footage, that's all.
She is a well-known travel journalist in Russia, our best friend and a mother of beautiful boy. She was on press trip there and preparing for a marathon doing work outs, yoga and meditation. Why on Earth would she fake this rape case? It was a nightmare, and it is still a nightmare for her and for all of us, people who love her, respect her and completely shocked now by the cynicism and cruelty of the management of the resort. We are aware that the owner is a big figure on the Seychelles and that his wife is an experienced lawyer there. It left the victim little chance for fair trial. But by staying neutral you are participating in this injustice.
Please, give us the answers to what you did or what are you doing to ensure this case is investigated properly? Did you ask the resort for the footage? Did you ask the management why they didn't call the police and why they dared to do all these insulting and uncomfortable interrogations themselves instead of calling the police immediately?

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 6, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:55 pm

Wow, what an absolute disaster. I wouldn't expect this sort of response (or lack thereof) at a motel in Indiana, let alone at a high end luxury property. Will stay away from SS for the time being. Upsetting that while things are pending, the "GM" hasn't been suspended pending outcome of the investigations. What a horrorshow. I am so sorry for the victim.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrHunterPhoto
Wow, what an absolute disaster. I wouldn't expect this sort of response (or lack thereof) at a motel in Indiana, let alone at a high end luxury property. Will stay away from SS for the time being. Upsetting that while things are pending, the "GM" hasn't been suspended pending outcome of the investigations. What a horrorshow. I am so sorry for the victim.
The GM was reassigned and a new one has since taken over but no improvements security wise, yet.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:36 pm

The GM was reassigned and a new one has since taken over but no improvements security wise, yet.
Right, but that means this GM is still managing, or at least has an influence over, another 6S property. That isn't a good look, especially with the severity of the situation. By suspended, I meant not looking after another guest's well being until this is all resolved.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrHunterPhoto
Right, but that means this GM is still managing, or at least has an influence over, another 6S property. That isn't a good look, especially with the severity of the situation. By suspended, I meant not looking after another guest's well being until this is all resolved.
Understood. Well, the situation here is unfortunate with the hotel trying to place blame on victim. Sadly, this is all too common.

Nevertheless, let's hope for a faie trial.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:40 am

What I don't understand is why can not they comment on the lack of CCTV footage.
Here is the fragment of our conversation with Edouard, even though he wasn't very clear about the security and CCTV, I can assume there should be cameras everywhere:

"Edouard: When I say security, it's how someone accessed the villa and all the job of the guys looking at the camera and we have camera in different locations and…
First female: Do you have something in my room now?

Edouard: Not inside your room. Of course. And we will
First female: Now it's [inaudible]

Edouard: Yeah, but we will cross check every single movement.
First female: Is it possible to see outside because several - it was two times that it was like five meters from threshold and he just pulled me back.

Edouard: No no no, we do not have photos of the villa. What the CCTV will do, the CCTV will record any movement on the resort so maybe him going to your villa other times or confirm the timing that we may have on the report. We see you going down to the front of the house when you left"

But if the man pleaded not guilty and if the police set him free until the trial it is clear there is no footage, because, otherwise, it is not possible to believe him.

I found a similar case, and the hotel had to explain during the investigation why footage was missing:
http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglade...arch-28-night/ . The investigators now are trying to recover the deleted footage amid noncooperation of the hotel authorities.
“Investigation is underway to dig up information whether the wealthy families of the accused persons have influenced the hotel authorities to delete the footage,” the investigators said.
A police official of Banani police station, seeking anonymity, claimed that the hotel authorities deleted the footage of entire March on the last day of the month – couple of days after of the rape incident.
However, the hotel Manager Frank Forget and Internal Operations Executive Farjan Ara Rimi told journalists that they provided all information and required supports to police.
In a telephone conversation, Frank Forget and Farjan Ara Rimi told the Dhaka Tribune that they had not deleted the footage intentionally.
“Our CCTV footage recording and storing system was brought from abroad and footages are automatically deleted after every 30 days. As the incident took place more than a month ago, so the footage was deleted automatically,” they claimed.
They also said: “If there is any way to recover the footage, we will assist police to recover it.”

So, perhaps SS can also explain what is going on, and now they just using the outgoing investigation ("but since the case is pending we are not at liberty to comment") as a predict?

The person who knows Six Senses general standard of security told me that they usually have cameras everywhere, with very high resolution video, and there should be at least one camera near the entrance of my villa. Why Six Senses can't share their CCTV camera scheme at Zil Pasyon?

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 7, 2017 at 6:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.