Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
As mentioned in the other thread, unfortunately the same applies to the Rosewood. Washlets in suites only.
Sounds like we need a Luxury Washlet availability thread with Wiki.
livefromtuscany and JMo74 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:55 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
137 Pillars = nice luxury option in Bangkok for people who prefer small hotels rather than big properties (many of them in Bangkok already), which contributes to make butler service hard to beat. Private and quiet all around even during Chinese New Year, and all rooms are suites.

Interestingly local celebrities do not tend to go there but rather prefer to be seen at Waldorf Astoria, St.Regis, Park Hyatt, and Rosewood. Perhaps the location is part of it and not being a big international hotel chain means there is less attraction to 137P for those folks, but for out of country travellers on FT, it might actually be the other way around.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ury-hotel.html
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by escape4
137 Pillars = nice luxury option in Bangkok for people who prefer small hotels rather than big properties (many of them in Bangkok already), which contributes to make butler service hard to beat. Private and quiet all around even during Chinese New Year, and all rooms are suites.

Interestingly local celebrities do not tend to go there but rather prefer to be seen at Waldorf Astoria, St.Regis, Park Hyatt, and Rosewood. Perhaps the location is part of it and not being a big international hotel chain means there is less attraction to 137P for those folks, but for out of country travellers on FT, it might actually be the other way around.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ury-hotel.html

It looks really nice
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Here my (big big first world) problem:
Will visit Thailand in November/ December this year. As I fly to and from BKK I plan to do Bangkok at both Ends. It will be most likely 4 nights at the beginning and 3 at the end. As I need 2 days for excursions I think I need the time. My GF hates dark colors and wood (she thinks both Amanpuri and Trisara are not very nice, but in this cases I booked anyway), she always wants white rooms.

Perhaps I can get some additional input. Here my thoughts about the hotels I consider:

Rosewood:
She likes the rooms and I think they look good. Lobby looks very nice. Pool seems to be nothing too special. Value seems to be great, a Manor Suite is around 600 € per night with Airport transfer and SPA treatment. Reviews getting better.

Mandarin Oriental
As Iīm a fan of history MO could be the logical choice. Beside the Authorīs wing the building looks ugly and rooms are not really my style. Pool is not that special too. Additionally itīs quite expensive. I think itīs now my least favorite.

The Siam
Always wanted to stay here, like the idea of the pool villas. My GF is not really impressed, she thinks rooms are dark. Pool looks very nice. Value is pretty good for a pool villa (around 1000 €), the entire level suite (still pretty nice) is around 500 €.

Four Seasons
Iīm a FS fan and so of course the new FS is quite interesting. There are only few pictures/ graphics out so far so itīs hard to judge. From pictures the pool looks great. Not sure about value so far. The Family Studio Suite seems to be similar to the river view Studio Suite Suite but is roughly 300 € more per night. Executive Suite is huge but double the price.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Will visit Thailand in November/ December this year. As I fly to and from BKK I plan to do Bangkok at both Ends. It will be most likely 4 nights at the beginning and 3 at the end. As I need 2 days for excursions I think I need the time. My GF hates dark colors and wood (she thinks both Amanpuri and Trisara are not very nice, but in this cases I booked anyway), she always wants white rooms.

Perhaps I can get some additional input. Here my thoughts about the hotels I consider:

Rosewood:
She likes the rooms and I think they look good. Lobby looks very nice. Pool seems to be nothing too special. Value seems to be great, a Manor Suite is around 600 € per night with Airport transfer and SPA treatment. Reviews getting better.

Mandarin Oriental
As Iīm a fan of history MO could be the logical choice. Beside the Authorīs wing the building looks ugly and rooms are not really my style. Pool is not that special too. Additionally itīs quite expensive. I think itīs now my least favorite.

The Siam
Always wanted to stay here, like the idea of the pool villas. My GF is not really impressed, she thinks rooms are dark. Pool looks very nice. Value is pretty good for a pool villa (around 1000 €), the entire level suite (still pretty nice) is around 500 €.

Four Seasons
Iīm a FS fan and so of course the new FS is quite interesting. There are only few pictures/ graphics out so far so itīs hard to judge. From pictures the pool looks great. Not sure about value so far. The Family Studio Suite seems to be similar to the river view Studio Suite Suite but is roughly 300 € more per night. Executive Suite is huge but double the price.
Take a Riverview Suite at The Siam. They are very light and roomy. The pool villas are much darker, with lots of steps, and frankly, the pool is so small it is not really worth it. I much prefer the Riverview Suites here.

I would want to be on the River, not stuck away in town, especially if you intend to sightsee. The Siam has its own boat, which is very useful. A sunset river cruise on it is a must.
SanDiego1K and offerendum like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:16 am

Siam or MO. Those two are in a class of their own, everything else is less.

If you do Siam, your butler will plan your schedule on the boat. It's very smartly done.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rosewood:

Mandarin Oriental

The Siam

Four Seasons
I think the new FS is going to be a horror show in the beginning like most BKK openings. A horrendous traffic nightmare too. The Rosewood pool is very beautiful (the Waterfall!) but it isn't for sun worshippers.

She would probably want the MO because they really went all white there. Something on the river would be better for excursions like MO or Siam.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think the new FS is going to be a horror show in the beginning like most BKK openings. A horrendous traffic nightmare too. The Rosewood pool is very beautiful (the Waterfall!) but it isn't for sun worshippers.

She would probably want the MO because they really went all white there. Something on the river would be better for excursions like MO or Siam.
Are the renovated rooms all white? The opening horror is an argument. One of the reasons I like to wait.

Last edited by offerendum; Feb 14, 2020 at 12:52 pm
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Siam or MO. Those two are in a class of their own, everything else is less.

If you do Siam, your butler will plan your schedule on the boat. It's very smartly done.
So Siam on the second leg😉
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Take a Riverview Suite at The Siam. They are very light and roomy. The pool villas are much darker, with lots of steps, and frankly, the pool is so small it is not really worth it. I much prefer the Riverview Suites here.

I would want to be on the River, not stuck away in town, especially if you intend to sightsee. The Siam has its own boat, which is very useful. A sunset river cruise on it is a must.
Thanks, will have a look
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are the renovated rooms all white? The opening horror is an argument. One of the reasons I like to wait.
True. There's a lot of white trimming mixed in with other colors but the Siam is quite similar to that too.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
The MOBKK renovated River Wing rooms seem to have taken a generally white hue . Graham Greene Suite is more green though
See post #70 MO Bangkok Or
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...novations-3611
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At MO-homepage I once saw a map of the hote with the location of all rooms and suits. Canīt find it anymore. Any idea were I can find it?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:12 am

At MO-homepage I once saw a map of the hote with the location of all rooms and suits. Canīt find it anymore. Any idea were I can find it?
Google, a search engine, was able to find it rather quickly! https://photos.mandarinoriental.com/...m-location-map
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Google, a search engine, was able to find it rather quickly! https://photos.mandarinoriental.com/...m-location-map
Thanks! I googled around 30 minutes and didn't found it. You may call me moron

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.