FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:01 am
vuittonsofstyle

Originally Posted by offerendum
Here my (big big first world) problem:
Will visit Thailand in November/ December this year. As I fly to and from BKK I plan to do Bangkok at both Ends. It will be most likely 4 nights at the beginning and 3 at the end. As I need 2 days for excursions I think I need the time. My GF hates dark colors and wood (she thinks both Amanpuri and Trisara are not very nice, but in this cases I booked anyway), she always wants white rooms.

Perhaps I can get some additional input. Here my thoughts about the hotels I consider:

Rosewood:
She likes the rooms and I think they look good. Lobby looks very nice. Pool seems to be nothing too special. Value seems to be great, a Manor Suite is around 600 € per night with Airport transfer and SPA treatment. Reviews getting better.

Mandarin Oriental
As Iīm a fan of history MO could be the logical choice. Beside the Authorīs wing the building looks ugly and rooms are not really my style. Pool is not that special too. Additionally itīs quite expensive. I think itīs now my least favorite.

The Siam
Always wanted to stay here, like the idea of the pool villas. My GF is not really impressed, she thinks rooms are dark. Pool looks very nice. Value is pretty good for a pool villa (around 1000 €), the entire level suite (still pretty nice) is around 500 €.

Four Seasons
Iīm a FS fan and so of course the new FS is quite interesting. There are only few pictures/ graphics out so far so itīs hard to judge. From pictures the pool looks great. Not sure about value so far. The Family Studio Suite seems to be similar to the river view Studio Suite Suite but is roughly 300 € more per night. Executive Suite is huge but double the price.
Take a Riverview Suite at The Siam. They are very light and roomy. The pool villas are much darker, with lots of steps, and frankly, the pool is so small it is not really worth it. I much prefer the Riverview Suites here.

I would want to be on the River, not stuck away in town, especially if you intend to sightsee. The Siam has its own boat, which is very useful. A sunset river cruise on it is a must.