Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:34 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonMiles
Stayed at Rosewood Bangkok last week just for a night. No issues with the hot water but the A/C was not great. Not sure if it was just too weak but it took a long time for the room to cool down - was on 24C when we got to the room and turned it down to 20C - but even when it eventually got down to that it still felt a bit warmer. Perhaps the huge windows do not help in that respect. Agree that the room interior is fairly dull/uninspiring though. Didn't find the traffic noise that bad but you could definitely hear it.
Another no, no, no. Thanks for letting us know the Rosewood might have air con issues. And poor soundproofing. And uninspiring interiors. I’ll definitely avoid this along with the PH!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Another no, no, no. Thanks for letting us know the Rosewood might have air con issues. And poor soundproofing. And uninspiring interiors. I’ll definitely avoid this along with the PH!
I'm at Rosewood right now and the aircon is blasting and soundproofing on the 20th floor Manor Suite seems pretty quiet. You would like them blasting the air con in your entry way to Arctic temperatures.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:29 pm

While several years off, Ritz-Carlton will be joining the market as well:

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...l-bangkok.html
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By that time, every single hotel brand will be in Bangkok!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:30 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
While several years off, Ritz-Carlton will be joining the market as well:
Given that Bangkok EDITION won't open after all and that by 2023 St.Regis will be 12 years old, I think there is definitely a place for RC BKK in the Marriott portfolio.

Originally Posted by Aventine
By that time, every single hotel brand will be in Bangkok!
I would like to see a Raffles or Fairmont in Bangkok, but perhaps Orient Express will be a decent alternative particularly since it might have signs of EDITION roots which I like.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Kalboz
New luxury properties are scheduled to come online this year in Bangkok:

Orient Express Mahanakhon Bangkok
Capella Bangkok
Rosewood Bangkok
Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok at Chao Phraya River
Hotel Nikko Bangkok

https://newthaihotels.com/2019-new-t...104021704704:0
Any further intel on these? I just booked a stay for Jan at the Peninsula, but could be swayed. Especially interested in when the FS is expected to actually open.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Any further intel on these? I just booked a stay for Jan at the Peninsula, but could be swayed.
Stay at renovated Oriental or The Siam. These hotels, and the Pen, will likely be below that high standard.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MattEvan

Stay at renovated Oriental or The Siam. These hotels, and the Pen, will likely be below that high standard.
Oriental will still be under construction and I didn't like it last time, I enjoy The Siam, but it's a very short stay and The Siam is too far away from where I have to be. The BKK Pen is probably the 2nd worst Pen in the system (after MNL), but I still quite like it.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any further intel on these? I just booked a stay for Jan at the Peninsula, but could be swayed. Especially interested in when the FS is expected to actually open.
I just stayed at the Rosewood and am glad to not have had the prior horror stories come true. Was one of my most enjoyable stays of the year.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Mandarin Oriental

This is the first time I've seen pictures of the renovated rooms:
https://www.mandarinoriental.com/ban...accommodations

It appears that all the rooms in the river wing will now have balconies?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by francophile

pictures look great. When is the renovation fully complete?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by francophile

The standard ‘Deluxe Premier’ category, i.e. most of the rooms do not have balconies.

It looks like they have created a new category of ‘Deluxe Balcony’ rooms. Perhaps they somehow have added balconies to these, or other previously existing rooms were recategorized. As I recall, previously only the Mandarin Rooms, Staterooms, and the river facing suites had balconies. But I have never stayed in categories of suites below that so I do not know for sure.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Anantara Siam or someplace else?

Hello,

I’m back to Bangkok in early August and trying decide on a hotel.

In past trips, I’ve stayed at SGS, Athenee, and most recently Sofitel SO. I really liked the decor and “attitude” of the SO, as well as the extensive and tasty breakfast.

I am thinking of trying the Anantara Siam. For my dates (3 nights), I could do a Studio [65 m2] with Club access and full breakfast at the Sofitel SO for $939 all-in. At the Anantara, the Siam Suite [72 m2] includes lounge access and breakfast and costs approx $1110 all-in.

Could anyone provide recent feedback concerning the Siam suite, the lounge, and the breakfast offering at the Anantara? Suggestions for alternative choices in the above price range would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:04 pm
Suspended

I don't remember the breakfast, but the Pool Villas at The Siam are phenomenal. I don't find the hotel's location that convenient, but if that's not a concern, it's almost Aman-esque. Also, the bathtubs in the pool suites were off the charts. I am a BIG bathtub fan so that goes far with me.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I don't remember the breakfast, but the Pool Villas at The Siam are phenomenal. I don't find the hotel's location that convenient, but if that's not a concern, it's almost Aman-esque. Also, the bathtubs in the pool suites were off the charts. I am a BIG bathtub fan so that goes far with me.
By Pool Villas, are you referring to the Garden Terrace Suites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.