Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
For my next stay in Bangkok the WA is coming in cheaper than before the pandemic at 8K++ which next week is cheaper than even the likes of the SGS, so I'll be seeing whether the recent bad reviews are justified. I see that I've currently been upgraded to a "Park View" room, whereas up to now on my 10 or so stays it's always been a Deluxe "Suite" which is really the only reason to stay at the hotel. I am seeing they are currently offering an upgrade to a King Deluxe Suite for 2,800THB on the app. If I'm not offered one at check-in I will try to pay to upgrade and if successful that will the end of my visits to the hotel.
All is forgiven. It’s now 21:30 of the night before my arrival and I see that I’ve been moved into my usual King Deluxe Suite. It may have no view and isn’t a real suite, but it is an incredibly beautiful and well put together room.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
And here is probably my favourite room in Bangkok and why I find it quite difficult to escape Capella...

https://youtu.be/Flukx9aFjHk
Lovely room -- although that is a very tiny plunge pool (jacuzzi?) for such a large outdoor space.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
And here is probably my favourite room in Bangkok and why I find it quite difficult to escape Capella...

https://youtu.be/Flukx9aFjHk
That’s a very nice room. The only issue I have with it is that all the rooms on 4th floor look directly on to your outdoor space.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread has gotten very long so I am closing it and starting a new thread at the following address"

Which hotel in Bangkok (new thread, started 9/23)?
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.