Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

New Amanresorts, "Zecharesorts", GHM and Ahn Luh Resorts (2016 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Amanresorts, "Zecharesorts", GHM and Ahn Luh Resorts (2016 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
This may be a bit of recycled news, but currently at Amantaka and a staff member told me the name of the new AZ property in town, which I won't post based on the above comment. They also mentioned it will be a 3* property with 32 rooms. They pointed it out to me as well - it is literally a 3 minute walk from Amantaka, and construction looks to be finishing up. Opens in October.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:31 am

I think it's fair to post as others already seem aware.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by callmedtop
This may be a bit of recycled news, but currently at Amantaka and a staff member told me the name of the new AZ property in town, which I won't post based on the above comment. They also mentioned it will be a 3* property with 32 rooms. They pointed it out to me as well - it is literally a 3 minute walk from Amantaka, and construction looks to be finishing up. Opens in October.
To be honest, I'm a bit surprised about the secrecy which seems to surround this particular upcoming property...I mean we get a new Holiday Inn Express in town and it has been announced for months now before they eventually open here, so what's the real issue with not telling us how the new hotel by Adrian Zecha will be named?

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Ditto +1

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:23 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aa213bb
I have to say that I'm having a really hard time getting excited about this. A three star property, even one by AZ, is still a three star property. And I believe this is a renovation of an existing property, and not even a new build.

I'm not even sure that this forum is the correct place to discuss such a property. After all, this is the luxury hotels forum, and a three star property, by definition, is not really luxury.

Personally, I'm much more excited about the upcoming Rosewood. Now that looks like it has promise.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:02 pm

Adrian Zecha's idea of what is 3-star varies wildly from most people's. The concept was based on the old Serai in Bali, which, in those days was a notch down from its sister hotel, The Chedi. Having said that, it proved to be anything but a notch down. The Bali Serai made and sold its own oils and spice packs and had some of the best food on the island. The rooms were really comfortable and service was pure Amanresorts. Ex-Chef Jonathan Heath was GM.

Zecha wants to return to the pre-bling days of hotels, with simple quality and caring service, without an outrageous price tag. He's a futurist and he thinks this is the future. He could be right. Don't forget that a lot of people sneered when he opened Amanpuri in 1988.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:08 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I like this approach and it's a lot of what I like about COMO. After all, I haven't been impressed with the build quality of some of the Amans I've seen, so why spend so much? The design might be great (or terrible if it's a pool by a wall) but I wish they paid their builders an extra dollar a hour to do things better. I'm not exactly a fan of poor drywall finishing, uneven grout lines, and faucets that I see at Lowes. Sorry to be such a critic but a nice Airbnb/condo-boutique place or a "moderate 3 star" sounds like a more sustainable future to me, too.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Given Amanat's arrest and indictment on US federal securities and wire fraud charges, Doronin must be smarting. And Zecha, who knows.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 17, 2016 at 6:04 am
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:57 am

Seems Nam Hai is embarking on a renovation from August 1... let's see what happens with GHM/FS.

Our resort will be undergoing public areas renovations from 1 August 2016 with an expected completion date of 20 December 2016.

The public areas involved are the One Bedroom Villas and One Bedroom Beachfront Villas, Porte-cochere, Reception Area, The Library, The Beach Restaurant, The Health Club, The Kids Club, Open Lounge and we will be adding a new Beach Bar.

While our resort remains a preferred choice of many guests, these extensive renovations will allow us to provide the very best resort experience to our valued guests.

While utmost efforts will be made to limit the amount of noise or disruption during the renovation, there will still be significant aesthetic and noise impact, to guest experience at the resort. We apologise for any inconvenience and offer our sincere thanks for your patience and support. If you have any concerns please email us at [email protected] or call us at (+84) 510 394 0000
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GHM down to 3, 'focus' probably now joint venture china (chedi & ahn luh)

hotelprop.com.sg/annual/2015ar_hpl_final.pdf
HPL annual report dated march 28 confirms they acquired nam hai
only non-FS luxury HPL has are 'rustic' (six senses & ex-soneva)

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
2-bedroom Pool Villa, #1090, has a second bedroom which is on all one level and has a proper indoor shower, rather than outdoor.
5 2BR
5 3BR hilltop
10 3BR ocean view
5 3BR beachfront
1 4BR
1 5BR beachfront

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
There are two more 1-bedroom Villas, too, all on one level - #1030 and #1040 - but the views of Ha My Beach are not so good.
13 1BR pool (unclear whether part of current renovation or not?)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 19, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:24 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

GHM down to 3, 'focus' probably now joint venture china (chedi & ahn luh)

Curious who HPL is?

Last edited by Cityflyer10; Jul 17, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:26 pm

Anyone knows what happened to the Chedi Club Jimbaran? It was never opened, but is it another resort now?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

hotelprop.com.sg/annual/2015ar_hpl_final.pdf

5 2BR
5 3BR hilltop
10 3BR ocean view
5 3BR beachfront
1 4BR
1 5BR beachfront

13 1BR pool (unclear whether part of current renovation or not?)
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Curious who HPL is?

HPL linked to COMO , has a more varied portfolio including MOPrague , Hard Rock Cafes , etc in ASEAN .
Somewhere F1 comes in too .

HPL : more the husband - ONG Beng Seng
COMO : Christina ONG

COMO from names of mother & daughter , Melissa

Hope you get the drift

Interlinked , plus I mentioned Club21 in some other thread

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jul 20, 2016 at 4:08 pm Reason: Add information
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by SaVa
Anyone knows what happened to the Chedi Club Jimbaran? It was never opened, but is it another resort now?
No, it is not. Owner was unable to secure funding in order to finish the resort, which is why GHM abandoned the project. I don't think it will ever open. There was a pre-opening GM assigned, Walter Hess, and if I'm not mistaken he left GHM, switched to Kerzner and is now a VP there.

That said, I personally think that Jimbaran is not exactly suffering from a shortage of hotels. I wouldn't want to do a project in Bali these days, it's well past its prime.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
HPL linked to COMO , has a more varied portfolio including F1

HPL : more the husband - ONG Beng Seng
COMO : Christina ONG

COMO from names of mother & daughter , Melissa
Doesn't she own half of Mayfair? I assume Metropolitan by COMO is fully owned then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.