Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam Beach Resort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Vietnam Beach Resort

What is this board's consensus on the best Vietnam beach resort(s)?

Six Senses Con Dao? Nam Hai?

I understand from other threads that Amanoi is great, but not a true beach resort.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
What is this board's consensus on the best Vietnam beach resort(s)?

Six Senses Con Dao? Nam Hai?
We stayed at Nam Hai. It is beautiful and the beach is beautiful. I didn't like the multi steps in the villas. I felt I took my life in my hands when I got up during the night, finding the steps and then steps and then steps. Also, I thought it was odd that the living pavilion was a separate structure from the sleeping villa. See what others say. Perhaps you are sure footed and not bothered by architectural choices I found curious. I did enjoy very much being within easy striking distance of Hoi An.

Here's a relatively recent thread on the Nam Hai.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...i-vietnam.html

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 5, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Didnīt stay at Con Dao, but at Ninh van Bay. I found it rustic but nice. Here my report.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I haven't tried it yet, but folks are saying the IC Da Nang is the best IC resort in the world.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:06 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by stimpy
I haven't tried it yet, but folks are saying the IC Da Nang is the best IC resort in the world.
I've heard that as well. I want to try it on a future visit to the region.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:54 am

The last time we were in the danang region we had 4 nights at the intercontinental and 4 nights at the nam hai. We found the combination to be excellent. The intercontinental really is a fun resort with a beautiful beach and is very whimsical. It is outstanding by IC standards. We also had a great time at the nam hai - the room layout does seem to trouble a few, but we really enjoyed the design. We will be back there in a few weeks.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:51 pm

There is only one high-end resort in Vietnam, which is Amanoi. Some put the Nam Hai also on that list (if you have good health insurance that is), but certainly not in the same league.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

There is something about the interior design that screams walt disney on meth... Though admittedly I am not a big fan of Bensley's style in general, with some exceptions (FS Koh Samui, The Siam Bangkok).
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:34 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

I do not understand that Amanoi is not a beach resort. It has a beach club with pool at the beach and there is not really a lot else to do there except from enjoying "beach life" and relaxation. That`s a beach resort in my view. OK, no palm trees and I have seen more beautiful beaches, but still. In addition there is a great spa, a beautiful cliff pool if you want a break from the beach, wonderful villas, really good food and service. What more is there to wish for? We stayed 9 nights for beach life and did not get tired of it.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, we've had one poster say that the IC Da Nang is whimsical and another who said it is Disney on meth. Now I really gotta go see this place!

For Disney on meth, I think the White Temple in Chiang Rai is G.O.A.T. example. The IC doesn't look like that does it?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

OK, we've had one poster say that the IC Da Nang is whimsical and another who said it is Disney on meth. Now I really gotta go see this place!

For Disney on meth, I think the White Temple in Chiang Rai is G.O.A.T. example. The IC doesn't look like that does it?
What I mean by Disney(land) on meth: Don't you get a bit of a theme park-ish feeling from these pictures?

Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, I don't think I've seen so much orange in a suite before. Still I think that could be fun for a few days. However I think I'll skip the Venetian Gondola in Vietnam thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Wow, I don't think I've seen so much orange in a suite before. Still I think that could be fun for a few days. However I think I'll skip the Venetian Gondola in Vietnam thanks.
Agree that it could be fun for a couple of days
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Have an issue with the bathrooms, donīt like the shower concept.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Musken
I do not understand that Amanoi is not a beach resort. It has a beach club with pool at the beach and there is not really a lot else to do there except from enjoying "beach life" and relaxation. That`s a beach resort in my view. OK, no palm trees and I have seen more beautiful beaches, but still. In addition there is a great spa, a beautiful cliff pool if you want a break from the beach, wonderful villas, really good food and service. What more is there to wish for? We stayed 9 nights for beach life and did not get tired of it.
I agree - for me Amano'i is the ONLY beach resort to go for in Vietnam. The others are sub-standard, even the Nam Hai, with its shin-bruising interiors. There is nothing wrong with the Amano'i beach, apart from it being a bit windy at times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.