the luxury hotels of Venice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
Anyone else stayed recently?
ca sagredo venice just partnered with hyatt
hyatt.com/promo/small-luxury-hotels-of-the-world

(& villa spalletti trivelli rome, has some posts here)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ca sagredo venice just partnered with hyatt
hyatt.com/promo/small-luxury-hotels-of-the-world

(& villa spalletti trivelli rome, has some posts here)
Looks like 30,000 points a night for a base room. Room rates in the summer for this room are around $550 so not a bad use of points.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Does anybody have any recommendations for anything approaching near luxury on the mainland near Venice? I am having zero luck finding anything other than an average Hilton. I have two nights in the area, will be jet lagged, have to attend business meetings (not on the island) and don't want the hassle, time, or headache of dealing with Venice itself. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

R&C Hotel Villa Franceschi is right there
(R&C website has maps of hotels)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 2, 2019 at 10:36 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Yes, that works, thanks Kage. Looks like the only option (and a good one) unless I go into the city or much further north.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Ca´ Sagredo

On the paper this hotel has everything you want - historic palace at the Canal Grande, Tiepolo painting, huge rooms (by Venice standards), central location. In real it doesn´t feel like that. Sure, service was OK, the art is nice, the room comfortable. But I never had a wow-effect or really felt home at the hotel, I didn´t like the atmosphere. Sometimes I thought the Aman was waiting for me, but it was more. The interior is somehow dusty, the guests mostly pensioners for some years and things like the lousy breakfast are simply annoying. Personally I don´t think I would stay again. I simply want something more. To be honest this "more" Comes with a price tag, even for the double price of our room I often only get a simple room. From this point Ca´Sagredoo can be a good option as it is surely not a bad hotel, especially hardware-wise.
Here my review:
The hotel
Suite
Breakfast
Restaurant
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:11 pm

Service and food during my stay at Gritti Palace was amazing. This was last year back with SPG but I got upgraded with Gold to a pretty big room from a redemption booking.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:40 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I think it’s clear that the Gritti and Aman are the nicest properties in town...with the new St Regis coming this winter (renovated from the former Westin) and the Danieli giving Marriott a pretty powerful voice in the luxury arena here.

For the record, even as we ordinarily love Aman, we definitely prefer the Gritti here. No contest for us. The service at the Gritti was easily as wonderful as at any Aman. The Gritti’s Riva bar and terrace, plus terrace Michelin restaurant, not to mention the better location, make it an even easier choice.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by offerendum
On the paper this hotel has everything you want - historic palace at the Canal Grande, Tiepolo painting, huge rooms (by Venice standards), central location. In real it doesn´t feel like that. Sure, service was OK, the art is nice, the room comfortable. But I never had a wow-effect or really felt home at the hotel, I didn´t like the atmosphere. Sometimes I thought the Aman was waiting for me, but it was more. The interior is somehow dusty, the guests mostly pensioners for some years and things like the lousy breakfast are simply annoying. Personally I don´t think I would stay again. I simply want something more. To be honest this "more" Comes with a price tag, even for the double price of our room I often only get a simple room. From this point Ca´Sagredoo can be a good option as it is surely not a bad hotel, especially hardware-wise.
Here my review:
The hotel
Suite
Breakfast
Restaurant
Another negative is the fact that as you exit the hotel on the land side, you are on the Strada Nuova, with its masses of tourists and cheap souvenir shops. Agree that Gritti is a far better choice. I had a private tour of Aman and lunch there. I have no desire to ever stay at that Aman.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Thanks for the review. I found this hotel to be a fabulous value by Venetian standards. We had a lovely stay a couple of years ago. I agree with you about the breakfast although we had a wonderful server every morning who redeemed the average food with her fantastic personality and service.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
The way I feel about breakfasts in nice hotels when on vacation is (just slightly) below bhrubin's feelings for air conditioning. I do not think I could stay here just based on the pictures of that buffet.
callmedtop and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
For the record, even as we ordinarily love Aman, we definitely prefer the Gritti here. No contest for us. The service at the Gritti was easily as wonderful as at any Aman. The Gritti’s Riva bar and terrace, plus terrace Michelin restaurant, not to mention the better location, make it an even easier choice.
For the record, the restaurant at the Gritti does not have a Michelin star. I had by far our worst dinner in Venice at the hotel's restaurant; in fact, it was totally awful in every way. Snooty service as well. A nice setting, though. It's a shame about the food scene in Venice; for the most part it's totally surrendered to the transient tourist trade with rip-off prices. Like a few other places - Dubrovnik for instance - Venice only works for us out of season, like in January.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:14 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Pausanias
For the record, the restaurant at the Gritti does not have a Michelin star. I had by far our worst dinner in Venice at the hotel's restaurant; in fact, it was totally awful in every way. Snooty service as well. A nice setting, though. It's a shame about the food scene in Venice; for the most part it's totally surrendered to the transient tourist trade with rip-off prices. Like a few other places - Dubrovnik for instance - Venice only works for us out of season, like in January.
I never said star.

I’m sorry you didn’t like it. But we loved the Gritti’s Club del Doge restaurant and had a fantastic dinner there during our stay. It’s in a hotel, so placating tourists (they’re all transient, aren’t they?) is built right in.

Venice is like every other high demand and popular city in the world—with increasing numbers of tourists, increasing prices, and plenty of great restaurants that appeal to those increasing numbers of visitors. Go figure.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

It ia possible to dine very well in Venice. Dining in Venice
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:43 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...tourism-crisis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.