FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the luxury hotels of Venice
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:02 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by offerendum
On the paper this hotel has everything you want - historic palace at the Canal Grande, Tiepolo painting, huge rooms (by Venice standards), central location. In real it doesnīt feel like that. Sure, service was OK, the art is nice, the room comfortable. But I never had a wow-effect or really felt home at the hotel, I didnīt like the atmosphere. Sometimes I thought the Aman was waiting for me, but it was more. The interior is somehow dusty, the guests mostly pensioners for some years and things like the lousy breakfast are simply annoying. Personally I donīt think I would stay again. I simply want something more. To be honest this "more" Comes with a price tag, even for the double price of our room I often only get a simple room. From this point CaīSagredoo can be a good option as it is surely not a bad hotel, especially hardware-wise.
Here my review:
The hotel
Suite
Breakfast
Restaurant
Another negative is the fact that as you exit the hotel on the land side, you are on the Strada Nuova, with its masses of tourists and cheap souvenir shops. Agree that Gritti is a far better choice. I had a private tour of Aman and lunch there. I have no desire to ever stay at that Aman.