Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: points traveller
any thoughts on MO vs JWMarriott? will be in the office for most of the stay but keen to try a different hotel each time i visit SG

cheers
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:11 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
any thoughts on MO vs JWMarriott? will be in the office for most of the stay but keen to try a different hotel each time i visit SG

cheers
If you're going to have any time for the pool then I'd say MO...seems that rooms wouldn't matter too much.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:40 am

My mother and I will be going to Singapore next year for the first time, and it'll also be our first time in a five star hotel, so we'd appreciate some advice on choosing a luxury hotel. We've narrowed it down to the Ritz Carlton, Shangri La, Fullerton Bay and possibly Pan Pacific. We've budgeted to allow for the best rooms in each, but a suite is not an option.

We aren't so discerning as some as have had no prior experience of five star hotels but we're looking for a hotel with great service. We'd like the accommodation to be something special, mostly for my mother as I'd love to make this trip as memorable as possible for her.

Location doesn't matter too much to us as we're happy to walk or take a taxi when required.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:32 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Lindefann
My mother and I will be going to Singapore next year for the first time, and it'll also be our first time in a five star hotel, so we'd appreciate some advice on choosing a luxury hotel. We've narrowed it down to the Ritz Carlton, Shangri La, Fullerton Bay and possibly Pan Pacific. We've budgeted to allow for the best rooms in each, but a suite is not an option.

We aren't so discerning as some as have had no prior experience of five star hotels but we're looking for a hotel with great service. We'd like the accommodation to be something special, mostly for my mother as I'd love to make this trip as memorable as possible for her.

Location doesn't matter too much to us as we're happy to walk or take a taxi when required.

Congrats on your first visit to Singapore and you will love the food! The heat can be killer, if you're not used to it.

Have been to the Fullerton Bay, Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton.

Ritz Carlton had large Standard Rooms.
MO had great pool and pool views.
Fullerton Bay is the newest and location is bit better than the former two.

If you've budgeted for the best rooms then use a Virtuos Advisor and he/she will likely be able to upgrade you into an entry suite from there...of course, in addition, provide other value added amenities (breakfast, $100 hotel credit, welcome amenity, etc...)

Trying out 5 star for the first time in SIN:

Pros: It's relatively/very inexpensive vs other world class cities (Tokyo, Hong kong, etc...)
Cons: It's very dated and really doesn't make the right first impression of a world class 5 star hotel

My humble opinion, others may/will disagree.

Either way, you will enjoy Singapore!!! We love it, just wish it was a bit cooler. Went again this past December/Christmas and found the weather much more plesant than our last visit in June.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold

We stayed at Fullerton Bay last fall and absolutely loved it. Great location, modern rooms, and amazing breakfast. You won't be disappointed if you stay there.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:59 am

Never stayed at the Fullerton Bay, but from reports it seems excellent. The MO is really good (especially the Club - recommended), convenient to several Malls for shopping, and well placed for sightseeing. You'll love Singapore - especially the food.
One thing - the Shangri-la although very good, verdant with a great pool, is well out of the main hotel zone. It does run a shuttle bus down to Orchard Rd, but that can get very busy. Check about the works progress if you are going to go there - at Xmas it was bedlam!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:01 am

Hi Lindefann
Would totally recommend a club room at the Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore.
Great room size @ 50sqm and the club lounge has 5 food presentations plus alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks included all day for club lounge guests.
It's located well and has a complimentary limo service for the direct vicinity (Gardens BTB, Marina Sands etc.) for club guests.
You can book a Kallang view if you are saving dollars or book Marina view for the ultimate - as the club lounge faces the marina anyway.
We have stayed 3 times in 2.5 years and wouldn't stay anywhere else - but club is the defining point.
Enjoy Singapore - it is fantastic!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:11 am

St. Regis vs. Four Seasons vs. Fairmont Singapore ?

Hello,
I'm planning a 3 night stay in Singapore next month.
Traveling with my husband my 15 year old son.
I can't choose between St. Regis, Four Seasons, or Fairmont .
I would appreciate any opinions ...
Thank you !
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:08 am

Fairmont Premiere rooms in the North Tower would be the newest (last year renovation, I think). Rooms with 2 beds can accommodate 3 adults. Connected to a Raffles City mall. More upscale than luxury. Le Labo toiletries. Great location.

Four Seasons Singapore - give it a miss.

St Regis - comfortable room. Not sure if the basic room can accommodate a roll away. The rooms with 2 beds can accommodate 3 adults. Hit/miss service, underwhelming breakfast. Good location near Orchard.

Originally Posted by nycfly
Hello,
I'm planning a 3 night stay in Singapore next month.
Traveling with my husband my 15 year old son.
I can't choose between St. Regis, Four Seasons, or Fairmont .
I would appreciate any opinions ...
Thank you !
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
What is the consensus on the Capella Singapore?
Am aware that it's in Sentosa, so not necessarily ideally located - but is it a good hotel compared to competition?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:40 pm

We just finished a 3 night stay in The Raffles. Even though they're doing refurbs and make it very clear, with both AMEX and the hotel reaching out directly before arrival to emphasis this, I really could not tell you what was actually closed, as the hotel seems to go on forever and has so many different areas. But there is no whitewashing it: it definitely needs a refurb and it is long overdue. The TVs in the bedroom was smaller than the one we just had on the plane, and the one in the living room had a good chance of being older than me. Then you have the bathroom. Oh, the sweet, sweet bathroom, that looked like Pollock and Dali had a competition as to who could make the most vile art, yet they couldn't decide a winner so used both simultaneously.

Through jetlag and deciding to actually explore the city, we didn't really use much of the hotel, including ever eating at any of the restaurants - although not for a lack of trying. On the first night, at 9:38 we asked concierge for help with where to eat, where he recommended their Grill, only for him to realise they closed at 9:30. I asked him to go and check if we can still get a table, he did and the answer was no. Then on the final day we went along at 2:05 for lunch, yet they shut at 2. Flexibility was clearly not their strong point.

Having said all that, I would give it another shot once the refurb is complete. The staff were very kind and caring, the breakfast buffet, whilst not huge, was absolutely phenomenal, with some pastries that must have been made of magic. The hotel is beautiful, it's in a good location and the room was very spacious. It was even excellent value for money, providing you question the bill and ask how they could charge $85 for 2 bananas, an orange juice and a coffee to be delivered to the room.

Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub

Ritz will be my choice as they have the best standard room and the Colony restaurant serves fantastic morning breakfast and buffet dinner. It's also close by to shopping malls and a 15 mins walk across the bay via bridge to the MBS shoppess, the largest shopping complex in SG. Try the Sunday brunch if you can. Hands down the best in Singapore and probably in Asia as well.

Mandarin Oriental is nearby to Ritz but the rooms are dated and not as nice as the Ritz. Club lounge is very good though but being a first visit, I doubt you will like to spend all your time cooked up in a lounge drinking champagne. F&B is average.

Fullerton Bay - Stayed there once few years ago. Fantastic room and in-room amenities but I don't like the location. It's in a office area.

Pan Pacific - It's budget 5-star if this is OK with you. The Studio Suites ( which is about the same price as the standard room in MO and Ritz ) is quite nice. I will not recommend it though as service is inconsistent.

Shangri-la - No idea as haven't stayed there before. I supposed if their Horizon rooms are renovated, it's worth a try.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:00 pm

Looking for 4 nights during November for a family of 4 - kids are 7 and 3. We are very intrigued by the pool at Marina Bay Sands.

1) Checked a few hotel booking program (Chase CSR and Visa Signature) and MBS does not seem to be in these programs. Any way to book MBS with room upgrade?

2) We are the type that prefer local food instead of hotel food. We would rather eat at the hawkers than fancy high tea in the hotel

3) Any other recommendation instead of MBS? Everything else being equal, the pool seems very interesting and I believe the kids would love it
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Looking for 4 nights during November for a family of 4 - kids are 7 and 3. We are very intrigued by the pool at Marina Bay Sands.

1) Checked a few hotel booking program (Chase CSR and Visa Signature) and MBS does not seem to be in these programs. Any way to book MBS with room upgrade?

2) We are the type that prefer local food instead of hotel food. We would rather eat at the hawkers than fancy high tea in the hotel

3) Any other recommendation instead of MBS? Everything else being equal, the pool seems very interesting and I believe the kids would love it
The pool at the Fullerton Bay looks cool. Also, the pool at the Shangri-La was nice, but I ultimately do not recommend the hotel.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Not a lot of talk about the Fairmont on here. Any reason? We're strongly considering it, as we have suite upgrade certs and Fairmont Platinum status. Additionally, they offer complimentary bicycles, which is our favorite way to explore a city. The bikes would be our main reason to choose this hotel. (yes, we are millenials), but we also have great memories at many Fairmonts in Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.