Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by stimpy
A St. Regis Suite is a pretty good room. But the breakfast is worse than a Holiday Inn. Horrible service and according to many reports here over the last few years it is endemic. It appears they can't get good staff, which is an overall Singapore problem. The bar is good at night, I'll say that at least.
Ahhh. I remember now. The suite was nice; the bar was fun; BK was atrocious. I had repressed my memories of BK.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:43 pm

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Andaz Singapore. If it is anywhere near as nice as Andaz Tokyo is, it should be a much needed addition to Singapore's incredibly boring hotel landscape.

Even if Andaz isn't luxury, I see no evidence that even the top hotel groups really can pull off true luxury in Singapore.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Andaz Tokyo
I just recently stayed at the Andaz Tokyo given your positive reviews. I didn't get an upgrade and the entry level rooms are completely unacceptable. F&B was mediocre. You see something in this hotel that I do not, unless it it radically different when in a higher class of room.

Even if Andaz isn't luxury, I see no evidence that even the top hotel groups really can pull off true luxury in Singapore.
This will be interesting. I will bet 'no'.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:54 am

I'm back at the MO tonight and it's a very solid property. I'm a big FS fan, but whilst the service is great there, the hard product is just too dated.

MO rooms are modern but small (I'm in a club room), and the Chinese restaurant I used tonight was great. We all know pool is a winner, so as I say, it's a solid hotel. Won't make it into any top 5 lists of mine, but very happy to be here!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
I'm back at the MO tonight and it's a very solid property. I'm a big FS fan, but whilst the service is great there, the hard product is just too dated.

MO rooms are modern but small (I'm in a club room), and the Chinese restaurant I used tonight was great. We all know pool is a winner, so as I say, it's a solid hotel. Won't make it into any top 5 lists of mine, but very happy to be here!
Where are you from?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
No, but I didn't like Fullerton Bay either. Is Raffles open or are they closed for a MUCH NEEDED renovation? St Regis might work. That didn't suck too much, but the pool isn't so keen. You might just slum it a MBS. MBS certainly has a pool. You'd share it with a large percentage of the free world ...

Off topic: Anybody wanna start a pool to guess the nearest year that Patina will open (if ever)?
MBS is FAR from being a Luxury Hotel. The most "famous" pool in SIN? Yes. The most overrated hotel? Definitely yes. If I want a mass-cattle-stay with "all ok" service but pay twice of what you usually would pay for that, in a location that isn't actually that great (unless you really love the gardens by the bay ) - then the MBS might be for you..

If you want a top notch product, then unfortunately not. But this said, other 5* places also went downhill quite a bit (Yes Marina Mandarin, looking at you..) and I wouldn't consider them luxury anymore.

Good 5*, decent quality, yes, but nothing outstanding.. (just the room bill..)

Most 5* hotels are actually just that - nice rooms, huge breakfast buffet (but often quite chaotic), service is good, pool is good.. but just lacking that bit which makes them "luxury"..
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:19 am

MO club lounge

Having experienced 24 hours here and used the club lounge a bit, it's a big thumbs down from me for it.

Food offerings are basic (Mars bars as the chocolate offering...I kid you not) and not inspiring at all. Some lounges you can use and skip dinner, this is definitely not one of those! Nice champagne though ...
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Food offerings are basic (Mars bars as the chocolate offering...I kid you not) and not inspiring at all. Some lounges you can use and skip dinner, this is definitely not one of those! Nice champagne though ...
I don't do chocolate, but I have had dinner many times in the MO club. Over the last 15-20 years or so. But it's possible it has changed in the last six months I suppose.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:07 am

I don't do chocolate, but I have had dinner many times in the MO club. Over the last 15-20 years or so. But it's possible it has changed in the last six months I suppose.
I don't do chocolate either, but when I compare it to the dessert offerings at other hotels it stood out as very poor!
Trust me, based on tonight's experience, you would not have dinner in there! Also, no lunch offerings, so you had to eat out, which is fine, but many lounges offer a good lunch offer
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't do chocolate either, but when I compare it to the dessert offerings at other hotels it stood out as very poor!
Trust me, based on tonight's experience, you would not have dinner in there! Also, no lunch offerings, so you had to eat out, which is fine, but many lounges offer a good lunch offer
It would be interesting to know if there is a new policy for the club. But type "mandarin oriental singapore club food" into Google Images and you'll see amazing and delicious food spreads.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:05 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
It's good to know:

Qatar-owned Raffles Singapore set to close for revamp

World-famous hotel is set to close from late 2017 until Q2 2018 for final phase of renovations.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/qatar...mp-648679.html

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:35 am

It would be interesting to know if there is a new policy for the club. But type "mandarin oriental singapore club food" into Google Images and you'll see amazing and delicious food spreads.
When the Club first opened it was superb - really good F&B presentations, but the next time I went, the food was way below standard and service had dropped, too. Maybe the images on Google date from those early times!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
When the Club first opened it was superb - really good F&B presentations, but the next time I went, the food was way below standard and service had dropped, too. Maybe the images on Google date from those early times!
Not my experience. My last time there was March 2015 and the food was still very good. No need to go out to a restaurant. Mind you I love Singapore restaurants, and I go to them often when staying in Bugis or Orchard. But when I'm over at the MO I don't want to deal with the hassle of commuting.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:24 am

Not my experience. My last time there was March 2015 and the food was still very good. No need to go out to a restaurant. Mind you I love Singapore restaurants, and I go to them often when staying in Bugis or Orchard. But when I'm over at the MO I don't want to deal with the hassle of commuting.
Interesting! Maybe it improved again - hope so, as I used to love it.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
FS Singapore Nov 2015

Four Seasons Hotel Singapore

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

190 Orchard Boulevard Singapore, SG 248646

FS Singapore Nov 2015 (0 Photo)

The Four Seasons Singapore lives up to its name and quality in every aspect despite the age of the property. The food and service are impeccable and you will leave with a smile.

I can see why this hotel is highly recommended despite its age. Definitely will stay here again, the Shangri-la looks too big and too many people.

Room

We were booked in Boulevard Room, and got upgraded to a Premier Room. The bathroom is spacious with 2 sinks and a tub. The room is clean and modern, everything felt right at home. The view was of Orchard Road. The place was really about the service, every one was accommodating and friendly. Concierge helped us book at other restaurants, followed up and made sure we knew how to get to our destinations.

Dining

This is where the hotel shines also. Breakfast every morning was different, it was not huge but plentiful and a little bit of everything for every type of traveller. I also must mention the pastries. Trays of fresh baked pastries just there for the picking. The hotel is not huge and the food is just right for the amount of guests. We also had dinner at the main restaurant and again the food was fantastic. Any place that can get the food and service right is top in my book.

The hotel is not huge or majestic on the outside and looks small from the lobby but feels more boutique and very well kept. You can walk to Orchard Road via the back and the Botanic Gardens are nearby so its location is ideal. Ion Orchard is also a block away where you can take the MRT. The Botanic Gardens are good for walking or jogging. My wife spent a day there, very peaceful and free.

FS Singapore Nov 2015

Would you like to write a review on the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.