Wiki Posts
Search

Double Status Miles Promotion for status renewal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
Double Status Miles Promotion for status renewal

Just got the following email, sorry German only, from M&M (LX actually). I am still missing some miles for my status renewal. Basically, double status miles for flights taken between SEP and OCT within Europe on the below mentioned airlines.

Guess some of you got the same, or a similar promotion?

Sehr geehrter Herr f4freeJunior

Wir wollen Sie dabei unterstützen, Ihren Miles & More Status zu erhalten, und machen Ihnen deshalb ein besonderes Angebot: Sie erhalten vom 1. September bis 31. Oktober 2009 doppelte Statusmeilen für Ihre Linienflüge innerhalb Europas.*

Melden Sie sich gleich hier zu unserer Aktion „Double Status Miles“ an. Auf diese Weise können Sie besonders leicht Ihren Frequent Traveller oder Senator Status erreichen oder verlängern.

Doppelte Statusmeilen erhalten Sie auf allen Linienflügen, die von SWISS, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Croatia Airlines oder Luxair durchgeführt werden.

Wir freuen uns, Sie in Kürze wieder bei uns oder einer unserer Partner-Airlines an Bord begrüssen zu dürfen.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Swiss International Air Lines AG
Old Aug 26, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
People that are already requalified dont seem to get the mail (cry)

Could you provide the link?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
It's a targeted promo for people below the required threshold e.g. 35k, 100k or 135k.

LINK
Old Aug 26, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Surprised SN and BD are not included in the promo.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Just got the following email, sorry German only, from M&M (LX actually). I am still missing some miles for my status renewal. Basically, double status miles for flights taken between SEP and OCT within Europe on the below mentioned airlines.

Guess some of you got the same, or a similar promotion?
as seen here...
Old Aug 26, 2009, 4:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kiez
People that are already requalified dont seem to get the mail (cry)
Why do you want double status miles if you've requalified already?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 5:30 pm

got the same promo from LH.

Dear matt,

We want to help you maintain your Miles & More status, which is why we are making you a special offer: you will receive double status miles for scheduled flights within Europe* from 1 September until 31 October 2009.

Sign up here today for our “Double Status Miles” promotion - by doing so you can easily reach or renew your Frequent Traveller or Senator status.

You will earn double status miles on all scheduled flights operated by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Croatia Airlines or Luxair.

We look forward to welcoming you back on board with us or one of our partner airlines in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hubert Frach
Vice President Marketing
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
does anybody know whether the executive bonus of 25% of credited miles is doubled as well? I accumulated about 33k miles this year. considering business saver flights with a stopover it's tempting to go hunt the senator status instead of requalifying for frequent flyer.

cheers
matt
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:32 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
It's a targeted promo for people below the required threshold e.g. 35k, 100k or 135k.

LINK
Well the targeting computer is off target. I got the email and I requalified for SEN in May.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk and the M&M forum Matt
Originally Posted by matt_smithers
does anybody know whether the executive bonus of 25% of credited miles is doubled as well? I accumulated about 33k miles this year. considering business saver flights with a stopover it's tempting to go hunt the senator status instead of requalifying for frequent flyer.
Was my thought as well. It seems to be a simple way to go for SEN.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:05 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
I renewed my FLT status in March of this year (even though I could have done it as late as by 2010) and still received the invitation for tis promo:

Dear olm022,

We want to help you maintain your Miles & More status, which is why we are making you a special offer: you will receive double status miles for scheduled flights within Europe* from 1 September until 31 October 2009.

Sign up here today for our “Double Status Miles” promotion - by doing so you can easily reach or renew your Frequent Traveller or Senator status.

You will earn double status miles on all scheduled flights operated by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Croatia Airlines or Luxair.

We look forward to welcoming you back on board with us or one of our partner airlines in the near future.

For two years in a row, I missed SEN by a mere 5-6000 miles and this year it appears that I will miss it, too. So maybe LH wants me to become one

I could capture this link:
https://promo.milesandmore.com/servl...7R09E&SLTYPE=1 where xxxxxxxxx stands for Miles and More CUSTOMER number.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:02 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by BobBHX
Well the targeting computer is off target. I got the email and I requalified for SEN in May.
Same here- I requalified for SEN until 2012 in April 08 and got this mail while MrsLonLH has not. Since I am only 150K short of qualifying for HON, might worth moving my three SQ/CX flights to LH which should net 90K status miles without 2x bonus had the promo included non-Europe flights.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by olm022
I renewed my FLT status in March of this year (even though I could have done it as late as by 2010) and still received the invitation for tis promo:

Dear olm022,

So you aren't SEN yet? Then you're exactly the intended target group.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by totti
Welcome to Flyertalk and the M&M forum Matt

Was my thought as well. It seems to be a simple way to go for SEN.
Hi Totti and thx for the welcome!

I checked with LH M&M Hotline today. double miles count only for earned miles per booking class. Executive bonus is not taken into account and thus is not doubled. would be too good though

Cheers
matt
Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Judging form this press-release I highly doubt that it is targeted to any special audience as it says "Miles & More members" in there...and I have yet to see a press-release for a targeted promotion.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
I've been M&M Silver since 2003 and I dont think I have ever received a promo email from LH. Certainly not in the last 3-4 years. But they definitely have my email address, since I always get the Worldshop and LH sale emails....

So thank you dear Flyertalkers for posting these specials, this is where I find out about the promotions. I had no trouble registering for this one, and since I dont receive the emails, I doubt I was targeted !

Thanks to you, f4freeJunior

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.