Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Status Miles Promotion for status renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:26 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by ded0r
Yeah, i would like to call them, but I'm in Canada right now and I can not call any German service numbers from here..
But please tell me what they told you!

Regards
You can call Kassel using a regular phone number: +49 561 99 33 70 16
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by zara
You can call Kassel using a regular phone number: +49 561 99 33 70 16
Thanks. I will call them on Monday and see what they have to say. I am just afraid this got lost and in 2 or 3 weeks from now nobody will even no about "LAST CALL" anymore.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:46 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
In your case, I would call up ASAP - they are open on the weekends, AFAIK. Get them to open a file and then followup with them. Remember to get names and note the time and date of the call.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by cbellero
In your case, I would call up ASAP - they are open on the weekends, AFAIK. Get them to open a file and then followup with them. Remember to get names and note the time and date of the call.
I called them a few minutes ago and obviously there was a file created concerning my missing LAST CALL miles but the agent told me to send a fax to the Miles and More services.
Seriously, this a kind of ridiculous. LH is offering a promotion which is supposed to be running until 31st of December, but they can't manage to get the double miles credited for flights which have been on my account since Dec 29. Now I end up paying fees for my extra luggage only because they kind of screwd up again.

If anyone here got their LAST CALL miles in the meantime, it would be great if you could tell me. Because then I know there is something wrong specifically with my account.

regards

Last edited by ded0r; Jan 11, 2010 at 12:35 am
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:48 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I didn't get them either in December but I don't really need them and I don't recall what the promotion was exactly about but I am sure I signed up if it was posted in the promotions thread
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:20 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I will be calling them tomorrow to followup on this one. I will report here what the outcome is. My case is just more difficult than yours, since I had been provided with wrong information by LH in addition to not getting the miles.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:26 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I was discussing this with a friend from LH's IT last night. We think what happened is - the promotion swept accounts weekly and was scheduled after the year end (for the 3rd). When it ran, all the status miles had already been removed from the accounts from the year end, so there was nothing to double. Alternatively the sweep was only scheduled to run until the end of the year, meaning the last few days never got touched.

I think with there were probably several people like me who were prompted to some end of the year mileage runs because of the promotions. I think they have quite a big mess on their hands with manually crediting all this.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:42 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I found a moment to call them today. My case is still being processed ("In Bearbeitung"). It has been forwarded to a different department. I should be patient and just call back in a few days. The agent had no idea how long the process would take.

Assuming there are many people affected, this could take a while. I hope it is there for my next flight as one of the lounges is *G only.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:17 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Looking at the German language forums, it seems to be known that this is a manual process for many and that it will take time.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:19 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I called them again today about my particular situation. They said that some Last Call Miles were still to be posted to my account.

However, overall they turned me down for the SEN status because I wasn't allowed to exchange for 15,000 status miles as an FTL, but only 7,500. I am 5.249 status miles short. This is VERY upsetting since I made the year end flight based upon their information on the telephone. I wasn't really interested in the SEN status (which I have had before) until they threw enough carrots at me and were offering it at an acceptable price point (for me).

I spent 45 minutes on the phone to make sure and double check that promotions were registered, combinable and that I would reach the magic number, which in my calculation with the guy on the phone included buying 15,000 status miles. After I took the flights I received the new conflicting information. Essentially I have now wasted $600 and a day of my time flying around Europe to not achieve the status.

Anybody have any suggestion on how I might achieve a better outcome?

In the past when I had issues with conflicting information, I found that LH would come through on the customer side. I really have a problem with a company that doesn't honor their own statements. I was given a name of a person that I am going to write to at M&M, but am open to other ideas/opinions.

Particularly when the company is giving the status away in other markets, I would have expected them to be much more lenient (kulant) in my case.

I am normally a big fan of LH, but this one really has me livid.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:30 am

I spent 45 minutes on the phone to make sure and double check that promotions were registered, combinable and that I would reach the magic number, which in my calculation with the guy on the phone included buying 15,000 status miles. After I took the flights I received the new conflicting information. Essentially I have now wasted $600 and a day of my time flying around Europe to not achieve the status.
i certainly understand your frustration, but unfortunately its not uncommon to get wrong information from hotline staff.

In the past when I had issues with conflicting information, I found that LH would come through on the customer side.
i agree with this statement, though i think being 5.249 miles short might just be a bit too much...

I was given a name of a person that I am going to write to at M&M, but am open to other ideas/opinions.
i would definitely write to this person, maybe get a phone number and follow up on it, maybe also get michelle (LHRelate) involved...
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:40 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Thanks for the tip with Michelle.

It is not like I am asking them to give me the extra 7,500 status miles for free. I am still willing and have always expected to pay for them with 15,000 award miles. In total, I was expecting to pay the ticket price plus 30,000 award miles in order to achieve the Senator status.

And that would have put me over the threshhold with 2,201 extra status miles.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks for the tip with Michelle.
Good luck!

You may know this already but Michelle may be reached by following the email link in her FT profile or by emailing relate at dlh dot de.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:13 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I have written an (unfortunately) long email to Michelle asking for advice.

I will hold off on writing the letter to the contact person at M&M until Michelle adds her comments.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:51 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

No word from Michelle yet.

However, I did look into my account this morning for the first time in a while and saw entries from Last Miles for the end of the year flights I took. Perhaps everyone else has had theirs credited too. Btw, they are listed without any numbers on our screens, otherwise the on-screen accounting of status miles wouldn't work. LH can view them though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.