Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The access rules:

Print Wikipost

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
There are 4 "sleeping chairs" in a darkened quiet room (all next to each other, you can't lock any doors).. if you're really tired, you might be able to snooze a bit there, but I found them not to be very comfortable on the single time I've tried them. Better than nothing for sure.
Be advised that they used to close at around 1230-1300. (The last time I was there - a year ago)
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Be advised that they used to close at around 1230-1300. (The last time I was there - a year ago)
That's because the lounge itself closes at that time
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
That's because the lounge itself closes at that time
Hmmm - that's what I meant - has any sleeping "area" enforced timings within lounges??
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
In August, I will have a long connection at FRA (> 4 hours), arriving on UA J (upgraded) and connecting to LH Y Schengen . If flights run close to schedule, should I take an hour or two in the Welcome Lounge, and then go through security from the landside, or would it involve less security lineups, etc., to stay airside and go to the Senator Lounge?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
In August, I will have a long connection at FRA (> 4 hours), arriving on UA J (upgraded) and connecting to LH Y Schengen . If flights run close to schedule, should I take an hour or two in the Welcome Lounge, and then go through security from the landside, or would it involve less security lineups, etc., to stay airside and go to the Senator Lounge?
go the Sen lounge at the A gates. You can take a shower there as well and you don't have to re-clear security. There are also quiet 'relax' rooms in the Sen lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
go the Sen lounge at the A gates. You can take a shower there as well and you don't have to re-clear security. There are also quiet 'relax' rooms in the Sen lounge.
Thanks! I was leaning toward staying airside, to avoid one more dose of electrons in a body scanner. There doesn't seem to be an easy opt-out from the full body scan that I've seen when originating in FRA.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by transportprof
I'd go to the Welcome lounge. It's more quiet and the breakfast felt slightly nicer than in the SEN lounge. With 4 hours, you have the time to go to both.

Arriving from the US, I think you need to clear security either way.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
Arriving from the US, I think you need to clear security either way.
I think US arrivals generally arrive into the sterile area of Z, which does not require another security check if transferring to Schengen/A. The only time where I had to re-clear security after arriving from the US was when my LH441 flight arrived into C.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I think US arrivals generally arrive into the sterile area of Z, which does not require another security check if transferring to Schengen/A.
That's my experience as well.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I think US arrivals generally arrive into the sterile area of Z, which does not require another security check if transferring to Schengen/A. The only time where I had to re-clear security after arriving from the US was when my LH441 flight arrived into C.
My DEN-FRA flight arrived at the B gates this week. I think that it just depends on where the plane is going next. I've had bus to C, B gate and Z gate arrivals on USA flights.

I would second the welcome lounge suggestion with 4 hours to kill. In my experience, the Welcome lounge is less crowded than the SEN lounge. Especially if you are there closer to the closing time. Personally, I don't mind going through security again.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tods27
I would second the welcome lounge suggestion with 4 hours to kill. In my experience, the Welcome lounge is less crowded than the SEN lounge. Especially if you are there closer to the closing time.
The SEN lounge in Z is a zoo during the international departures window, but IME A lounge is much more tolerable (though I still had to wait for a shower last time).

I think this is a close call. Does Welcome lounge have a better breakfast spread?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The SEN lounge in Z is a zoo during the international departures window, but IME A lounge is much more tolerable (though I still had to wait for a shower last time).

I think this is a close call. Does Welcome lounge have a better breakfast spread?
For breakfast, the Welcome Lounge offers much more variety. And it is less crowded, generally. My only objection is that in my experience, the ventilation of the showers is insufficient, leaving the air rather humid after a shower.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Is the Welcome Lounge worth a visit, or should I just go straight to my hotel for a shower? Not sure if I will find my room ready at 11am in Frankfurt (compare London where early checkin always seems to be problematic).

Also is there any reason to visit FCL rather than Welcome lounge? Not sure I want to be mucking around FRA for a lounge (the exit is usually easier to find...)
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Also is there any reason to visit FCL rather than Welcome lounge?
FCL is always a better choice than the Welcome Lounge for lots of reasons.
To name a few, it's quieter, the bathrooms are bigger (a jaccuzi bathtub and a shower, bathroom amenities of better quality plus you get a famous rubber duck!), better choice of food.

Last edited by andywaw; Apr 16, 2018 at 8:28 am
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Is the Welcome Lounge worth a visit, or should I just go straight to my hotel for a shower? Not sure if I will find my room ready at 11am in Frankfurt (compare London where early checkin always seems to be problematic).

Also is there any reason to visit FCL rather than Welcome lounge? Not sure I want to be mucking around FRA for a lounge (the exit is usually easier to find...)
The FCL’s are in an entirely different league, see post above.

Assuming your coming from USA you need to enter Schengen anyway, so head to FCLA it’s inside Schengen & afterwards you just walk out of the airport.

Skip breakfast in the plane & get more sleep, the breakfast in FCL is way better.

The lounge PA’s would call your hotel to check when your room is available from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.