Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An $8000 "entry fee" for LH Gold lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:27 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
At least there a balance sheet tells you the truth and never leaves room for any interpretation.......
Really? Now, that's a good one! ^^
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:29 am

This just confirms to me why I went into business and did not bother to study law. At least there a balance sheet tells you the truth and never leaves room for any interpretation.......
The question within FT should not really be whether something is legal according to German, Norwegian or any other law but whether we as a communicty feel that this is acceptable.

Excactly right. The sadness is that a german university professor is actually thinking about giving this to the student. This is what should be discussed in another forum and probably not even on flyertalk.

If LH thinks they are loosing too much money by this method, they will find ways of avoiding the problem. If they are in contrast happy with it, fine as well.

I can only say that on an eco flex ticket for almost 900e from dus to cph I was denied access to the sas lounge on the way back (in cph), even with a FT status. The lounge warden said I would need senator status to get access with an eco flex ticket.
And this is clearly ridiculous and I personally think that I have every right to use the trick of kevinsac to gain access, because Lufthansa and SAS are tricking me.

I think it would be better if Flying Lawyer spends the time he is using here with his students an not limit the times he is approachable to Monday 2-4pm (just gessing, as this is the case in german universities)
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by sixtisbest

I can only say that on an eco flex ticket for almost 900e from dus to cph I was denied access to the sas lounge on the way back (in cph), even with a FT status. The lounge warden said I would need senator status to get access with an eco flex ticket.
And this is clearly ridiculous and I personally think that I have every right to use the trick of kevinsac to gain access, because Lufthansa and SAS are tricking me.
LH/SK are not tricking you, they are just following the rules. Personally I am happy that *-Silver members have no lounge access. Except for own LH FTL lounges.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
This just confirms to me why I went into business and did not bother to study law. At least there a balance sheet tells you the truth and never leaves room for any interpretation.......
That's hilarious. Ask Enron, Parmalat.....
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:41 am

>>>I´ve never seen lawyers fighting so intensively for no money

Sometimes we are just idealists, debating for the sake of a legally interesting argument.

On a side note, I find it actually shocking how many German lawyers and attorneys populate this forum.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: half orphan (ie. STC before, but not really happy with M&M)
And a swiss attorney would simply ask where the so called "Arglist" is ...
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
culpa in contrahendo?

Not true at all...Before any analysis on the financial statement of a company you have to adjust the values in order to understand their meanings.
Just think about US GAP, IAS, IFRS...
And I am not talking about "window dressing here" which is another way to pimp your balance sheets.

IMO, if the OP wouldn't have clearly showed his true intentions to the LH ticket sales agent I would call it a case of culpa in contrahendo no?
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:51 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
What a great thread. Started on the 16th April and now we have 126 replies.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH, BA, DL
If I was a lawyer ...

... I would not broadcast that fact here on FT. And when voicing a view, I would paint it as MY view and not assert it as the gospel - much more grey out there than black and white, including in the area of how to establish facts.

Having said that, thanks to FL and A28 for "shaping" this thread and, while sailing very close to the wind indeed, keeping it civil ... ^ ^ ^
Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior

Not true at all...Before any analysis on the financial statement of a company you have to adjust the values in order to understand their meanings.
Just think about US GAP, IAS, IFRS...
And I am not talking about "window dressing here" which is another way to pimp your balance sheets.
It's called irony.
Of course I know that a P&L can tell you anything (and maybe it has something to do with reality but most probably not). I just wanted to highlight the course of the dicsussion in this thread.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:54 pm

The Aussie law student couldn't help but perform a comparative analysis between Australian criminal law and the German version...

Mmmm...brings back memories of 2nd year.

Eek... I'm still in class...
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
The question within FT should not really be whether something is legal according to German, Norwegian or any other law but whether we as a communicty feel that this is acceptable.

Excactly right. The sadness is that a german university professor is actually thinking about giving this to the student. This is what should be discussed in another forum and probably not even on flyertalk.

If LH thinks they are loosing too much money by this method, they will find ways of avoiding the problem. If they are in contrast happy with it, fine as well.

I think it would be better if Flying Lawyer spends the time he is using here with his students an not limit the times he is approachable to Monday 2-4pm (just gessing, as this is the case in german universities)
Heaven's sake. I am not a university professor but still a lawyer. I only spend plenty of my time with students holding classes and in the exams.

And somebody said it very correct: Sometimes it is good fun and very interesting to discuss for the sake of discussion and get different views. I enjoyed that thread and I will not complain about certain personal attacs.;-)
Old May 10, 2008, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Not to beat a dead horse...

I was in the FRA FCT last week and overheard some of the PA's discussing a passenger flying LH business who bought a seperate ticket just to access the FCT and then refund it. Although I was having some difficulty understanding them it seemed they were saying this was not all that uncommon.

I was surpised that LH would not be able to find out that people were holding 2 seperate tickets for same day travel and simply cancel the other reservation to teach a lesson!

I have to say, it sure seemed a nicer way to spend a few hours than in the Business lounges.
Old May 10, 2008, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by BOSton Traveller
I was in the FRA FCT last week and overheard some of the PA's discussing a passenger flying LH business who bought a seperate ticket just to access the FCT and then refund it. Although I was having some difficulty understanding them it seemed they were saying this was not all that uncommon.

I was surpised that LH would not be able to find out that people were holding 2 seperate tickets for same day travel and simply cancel the other reservation to teach a lesson!

I have to say, it sure seemed a nicer way to spend a few hours than in the Business lounges.
Sounds strange to me ? As far as I recall double bookings for the same flight are not permitted. I am sure LH could (and actually SHOULD) kick such people out of the FCT.

BTW Flying Lawer: When are your next student seesions ? I would love to join ! (As long as I don't get charged your companies usual hourly rates - the last bill I got crosscharged with nearly sent me into cardiac arrest )
Old May 10, 2008, 2:14 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Sounds strange to me ? As far as I recall double bookings for the same flight are not permitted. I am sure LH could (and actually SHOULD) kick such people out of the FCT.

BTW Flying Lawer: When are your next student seesions ? I would love to join ! (As long as I don't get charged your companies usual hourly rates - the last bill I got crosscharged with nearly sent me into cardiac arrest )
You don´t need a double booking for the same flight. Of course, you don´t will have the limo transfer then, but holding a flexible F ticket for a later flight the day isn´t a problem and LH can´t cancel it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.