Wiki Posts
Search

An $8000 "entry fee" for LH Gold lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2008, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
BTW Flying Lawer: When are your next student seesions ? I would love to join ! (As long as I don't get charged your companies usual hourly rates - the last bill I got crosscharged with nearly sent me into cardiac arrest )

Well, but you have got a real shark

However, not as bad a buying a Japanese manufactured digicam in Japan . 100% more expensive than in the US....
Old May 10, 2008, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by szg
You don´t need a double booking for the same flight. Of course, you don´t will have the limo transfer then, but holding a flexible F ticket for a later flight the day isn´t a problem and LH can´t cancel it.
I don't understand why such a "customer" would go to the FCT insteas of the FCL. Obviously, he won't get a limo transfer, so he will have to hike back to the main terminal in order to catch his original flight. He must be very stupid.
Old May 10, 2008, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by szg
You don´t need a double booking for the same flight. Of course, you don´t will have the limo transfer then, but holding a flexible F ticket for a later flight the day isn´t a problem and LH can´t cancel it.
Yes, the man and I am assuming his wife apparently had 2 seperate tickets, seperate flights. I should think LH would simply just cancel the other ticket, how can people hold 2 seperate flights same day!?
Old May 10, 2008, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by BOSton Traveller
Yes, the man and I am assuming his wife apparently had 2 seperate tickets, seperate flights. I should think LH would simply just cancel the other ticket, how can people hold 2 seperate flights same day!?
Well, many (business) pax hold multiple tickets (even to different destinations), as they often they don't know which flight they'll eventually take.

There are situations where you are in FCT at 11 AM, and the outcome of a related business meeting ending at noon will decide wether you fly to PEK or JFK asap - or stay at home / return to your office.
Old May 10, 2008, 2:43 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
If you are on a flexible F ticket, you show up and book your flight. You don´t need to have a same day reservation. Bad luck, if F is full.
Old May 10, 2008, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Well, many (business) pax hold multiple tickets (even to different destinations), as they often they don't know which flight they'll eventually take.

There are situations where you are in FCT at 11 AM, and the outcome of a related business meeting ending at noon will decide wether you fly to PEK or JFK in the afternoon - or stay at home / return to your office.
I suppose I did not think of this, then again, it seems an awful lot of trouble and again, slightly 'gaming' the system. It makes sense after hearing you make your point, I suppose there would be quite a lot of folks holding muliple tickets even while at the airport and that would be quite tricky on LH's part if the started cancelling peoples legitimate bookings!
Old May 10, 2008, 2:51 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose I did not think of this, then again, it seems an awful lot of trouble and again, slightly 'gaming' the system. It makes sense after hearing you make your point, I suppose there would be quite a lot of folks holding muliple tickets even while at the airport and that would be quite tricky on LH's part if the started cancelling peoples legitimate bookings!
Why should LH cancel F tickets. These passengers are the "best" paying customers !! If LH is cancelling my F ticket, because I have two flights on the same date - they would lose my business.

Last edited by szg; May 10, 2008 at 4:15 pm
Old May 10, 2008, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to mention camouflage.

Some CEOs don't want the competition to know where they are going (as it might inspire merger rumors etc.). So they might officially buy an F ticket to destination A and go to the FCT, then buy a last minute F ticket to B (their actual destination) at the FCT's ticket counter.

Finally, I can imagine high-yield F pax whose reason to travel vanishes while they are waiting in the FCT. These pax will also cancel their ticket and walk out, but they certainly didn't buy it to get a free lunch.
Old May 10, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by szg
If LH is cancelling my F ticket, because I have two flights on the same date - they would loose my business.
That's for sure. And if they cancel the second one as well, your business will be totally in the wild...
Old May 10, 2008, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Why would someone go through 2 transfers, double security checks plus wasting a massive amount of time with this instead of going right away to a FCL in the main terminal

I think he could take his wife as a guest so actually would not need to buy another ticket in F for her.

As mentioned earlier he better purchases it on the same day in order to avoid TSC for the cancellation.

Sounds like a private trip. If this person would be really clever then he would have gotten a few T-Mobile free miles, actually fly in F and enjoy the FCT for legimate reasons.
Old May 10, 2008, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I think he could take his wife as a guest so actually would not need to buy another ticket in F for her.
He'd at least have to buy her a Y ticket on the same flight.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:14 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Canceling reservations is one thing, canceling tickets another. People can even have more than one ticket on the same flight (at least many airlines even promote this, not sure about LH) so even this should be no reason for a cancellation.
Old May 11, 2008, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
During the soccer world cup in 2006 I had two tickets DUS-TXL one at 15:00 and one at 16:30 (around these times), as I did not know when I would finish my meetings.

LH called me and said I had to chose which one I wanted and they would cancel the other one. The agent also said that if I did not chose they would cancel one of the bookings at their choice ... I would have loved to pursue this further but I did not want to miss the world-cup final in Berlin, due to messing around with LH ....
Old May 11, 2008, 8:17 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
During the soccer world cup in 2006 I had two tickets DUS-TXL one at 15:00 and one at 16:30 (around these times), as I did not know when I would finish my meetings.

LH called me and said I had to chose which one I wanted and they would cancel the other one. The agent also said that if I did not chose they would cancel one of the bookings at their choice ... I would have loved to pursue this further but I did not want to miss the world-cup final in Berlin, due to messing around with LH ....
Are they really allowed to do this ?
Old May 11, 2008, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by szg
Are they really allowed to do this ?
Probably not - but they did anyway and I did not want to miss the final in Berlin so I caved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.