Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Will they cut you off after one Mass?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:52 pm

I'm flying out of MUC on Monday (to HND), is there some special menu on board? Also I seem to remember there is a biergarten in MUC, but probably landside (I'm connecting from BRU). Not worth it I guess?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I'm flying out of MUC on Monday (to HND), is there some special menu on board? Also I seem to remember there is a biergarten in MUC, but probably landside (I'm connecting from BRU). Not worth it I guess?
Not sure about special menus but there is a branch of Airbräu on level 5 (non-Schengen departure level) airside.

http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons...u_t2/index.jsp
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:50 am

I'm in the non-schengen lounge in MUC and bretzel and weisswurst are available, served by a lady in a dirndl (or however you spell that!). On my BRU-MUC there was a nod to Bavaria as well.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
On select routes LH has C/F menus with Wiesn elements this month. The FA costume has been updated this year, and will also be used on some regional routes.

The MUC staff checkin/gate/lounge wearing tracht has tradition
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
On select routes LH has C/F menus with Wiesn elements this month.
I hope just the food and the beers ... not the tent interior, gravel/soil floors, and the barfing Scandinavians :ek: ?
The FA costume has been updated this year, and will also be used on some regional routes.

The MUC staff checkin/gate/lounge wearing tracht has tradition
A smart move - without offending the unions - to match the lasciviousness of the "Martian seductress from Mars Attacks!" robe SQ offers for years !!!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Here we go again:

September 01, 2015 12:19 PM UTC
Lufthansa Group | Passenger Business
Lufthansa Crew takes off in anniversary folk costumes during Oktoberfest

Lufthansa is taking advantage of its 60th birthday to recreate the traditional costume from the 1950's / “Culinary Oktoberfest” in the lounges and on board

In just a few weeks, it will be "take off" time for the Munich folk costume crew during Oktoberfest. This year, the crew will appear in anniversary costumes: Lufthansa is taking advantage of its 60th birthday to recreate the traditional costume from the 1950's. The fourteen flight attendants will be taking off starting in mid-September to destinations in North America and the Arabian Gulf. On 16 September, they will be off to Charlotte (USA), on 21 September to Vancouver and on 29 September to Dubai. “It is for the ninth time already that our costume crew will carry Bavarian tradition throughout the world. Our passengers will be particularly pleased with this year’s anniversary costume”, says Thomas Klühr, member of the Lufthansa German Airlines Board Finance & Munich Hub.

The 1950’s costume was recreated by Munich-based fashion house Angermaier Trachten. The flight attendants’ Wiesn-Dirndl has been recreated in the style of the times, light blue with woven patterns in beige. The apron is beige with discreet light-blue dots. A newspaper report at the time wrote: “Lufthansa stewardesses in real Dirndls will look after passengers on board the Super Constellation from New York to Hamburg, as well as on Lufthansa-Convair planes from London to Munich during the Munich Oktoberfest.” Lufthansa associates at Munich airport’s passenger service, many station employees and a Lufthansa CityLine Crew will also be wearing traditional costumes.

The Munich Lufthansa Lounges will be supporting the “fifth season” with culinary highlights. The First Class Lounge will offer Bavarian delicacies in the Oktoberfest-decorated restaurant. Specialties, like baked oxtail pralines and wheat beer tiramisu, will be freshly prepared by our cooks. In the Senator Lounges, guests can enjoy apple strudel, a cold platter and pretzels.

Guests of Lufthansa First Class can also enjoy selected specialties on board during the Oktoberfest. So for example, on the flight to and from Charlotte, a number of culinary highlights will appear on the menu, including the “Tegernseer Schnitzel” or a “Bavarian Oktoberfest Duck." An iced Kaiserschmarrn or a lukewarm apple strudel will round off the menu.

Text: MUC CI, ed

Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Here we go again:
Do they mention what flights they might be on?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrewGzy
Do they mention what flights they might be on?
"On 16 September, they will be off to Charlotte (USA), on 21 September to Vancouver and on 29 September to Dubai."
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
"On 16 September, they will be off to Charlotte (USA), on 21 September to Vancouver and on 29 September to Dubai."
Note to self: reroute via ZRH or FRA if possible.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
They have a special menu in the MUC F Class Lounge - I'll post pictures later:

Oktoberfest Klassiker

Original Augustiner Oktoberfestbier vom Fass

1/4 Bauernente
Apfelblaubkraut/geriebene Kartoffelknoedel

Schweinekrustenbraten
Dunkelbiersauce/Bayrisch Kraut/Semmelknoedel

Muenchner Tellerfleisch vom Kalb
Meerrettich/Wurzelgemuese/Petersilienkartoffeln

Apfelstrudel

Vanilleschaumsauce/Mandeln/Rasinen

Oktoberfest Classics

Original Augustiner Oktoberfest draft beer

1/4 Bavarian duck
Red apple cabbage/potato dumpling

Pork Roast
Dark beer sauce/Bavarian cabbage/bread dumpling

Prime boiled veal Munich style
Horseradish/root vegetables/parsley potatoes

Applestrudel
Vanilla espuma/almonds/raisins

Dirndl are aplenty here.

Greg

Last edited by greg99; Sep 19, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Zzzz I was there on Thursday and was told on Friday it all starts... including the new duck
Old Sep 20, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by vantage03
Zzzz I was there on Thursday and was told on Friday it all starts... including the new duck
I was there Thursday, too. No Bavarian Carneval and no special ducks.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:02 am

For those who are not really into Oktoberfest, the FCL still has its traditional buffet/menue.

Got an Oktoberfest ducky this morning.

And I must say that the female lounge staff in their "Dirndl" are nice to look at.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:50 am

At the Oktoberfest this morning lots of Lufthansa employees walking around the Wiesn wearing the gingerbread hearts saying "I <3 Lufthansa".

Or at least I hope they were employees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.