Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I’m keen to know too!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The easiest way to check is looking at the menus for C/F on your flight. If there is the O'fest Special on it, the crew is most likely to be dressed up too.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The easiest way to check is looking at the menus for C/F on your flight. If there is the O'fest Special on it, the crew is most likely to be dressed up too.
I need to book a couple of flights to the US over Oktoberfest, would be good to take one of those ones to mix it up if it fits in with my schedule..!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:44 pm

Why are you all so obsessed to board a flight where costumes are worn? Should we request cowboy outfits on UA and Greek togas on A3?
YuropFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by curt
Why are you all so obsessed to board a flight where costumes are worn? Should we request cowboy outfits on UA and Greek togas on A3?
“Obsessed” is definitely not the word here, but breaking ground-hog day with something different and a bit of fun doesn’t ever hurt... especially when you like the food!
worldclubber and lhrpete like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03

“Obsessed” is definitely not the word here, but breaking ground-hog day with something different and a bit of fun doesn’t ever hurt... especially when you like the food!
Absolutely, since we have to fly anyway, nice to have some different experiences along the way .
worldclubber and lhrpete like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:28 am

Kegs on LH for Oktoberfest

https://www.afar.com/magazine/luftha...r%20Newsletter
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I also like it that LH makes seasonal offers, there is one major inconsistency with the keg thing though: LH can only serve Warsteiner beer, which is neither from Munich/Bavaria nor is its style anything close to Octoberfestbeer. It’s a bit like calling it Champagne festival and serving Italian Prosecco.
cas_de, JohnRain, lhrpete and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
For the record longhaul traditional costumed flights this year are:

MUC - EWR 19 September
MUC - SIN 25 September
MUC - PVG 6 October

From October 5 to 7, one of the crews on the Lufthansa CityLine will swap their uniforms for traditional costumes. Their destinations this year are Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, Luxembourg, Pisa, Genoa, Amsterdam, Rzeszow, Timisoara, and Cagliari.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
For the record longhaul traditional costumed flights this year are:

MUC - EWR 19 September
MUC - SIN 25 September
MUC - PVG 6 October

From October 5 to 7, one of the crews on the Lufthansa CityLine will swap their uniforms for traditional costumes. Their destinations this year are Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, Luxembourg, Pisa, Genoa, Amsterdam, Rzeszow, Timisoara, and Cagliari.
Return flights with the same crew too:
EWR - MUC 20 September
SIN - MUC 28 September
PVG - MUC 9 October

Note all A350 so no First Class service this year
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Even in difficult times the tradition will be kept alive:

chris63 and more4less like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
These are not costumes, these are traditional clothing from my home country Bavaria

Would you ever say to a Scot wearing a kilt that he is costumed
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Would you ever say to a Scot wearing a kilt that he is costumed
well, if I need to get some teeth pulled...
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:21 pm

Does anyone have a list of the European flights (operates by CL apparently) which will be part of this? There’s always a list internally, but my HON PA is on holiday so can’t ask for myself.
Particularly interested in TXL routes if anyone has the info. Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.