Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
During September and October Economy and Business meals on LH flights ex-Japan feature courses with (Bavarian) sausages in one form or another. I doubt if they serve any Weisswurst though...

Here's a YouTube video of Lufthansa crew and Oktoberfest.
But you get them ex-MUC

http://ihatefra.blogspot.com/

and very nice they were too.

Just remember, you peel Weißwurst.

The crew were in the usual uniforms, not the special ones.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iainbhx
Just remember, you peel Weißwurst.
But the uninitiated won't know whether they are supposed to fish it out of the pot.

The crew were in the usual uniforms, not the special ones.
Sorry, this is OT. Look at the thread title.

BTW, I like the address of your blog. ^
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:32 pm

I'm flying MUC-YUL on the 12th. Will they still be doing this?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This year its EWR, HKG & CLT that will get the crew with the special costumes from 21SEP thru 03OCT12. 2009 Outfitter Trachten Angermeier will do the 2012 kit.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This year its EWR, HKG & CLT that will get the crew with the special costumes from 21SEP thru 03OCT12. 2009 Outfitter Trachten Angermeier will do the 2012 kit.
^^^
Old Sep 12, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold, SWA, Lifemiles, Emirates, Amex Plat.
I will be heading Oktoberfest in a couple of weeks! It would make me even more exited about Oktoberfest if the flight crew were to wear Tracht! Maybe I should wear my dirndl as well?!?!? I just hope to see O'Batzda on the menu!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:41 pm

I see so many potential "enhancements", but they always enhance the wrong things. Most people don't care about the tracht.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by FTMucGer
I see so many potential "enhancements", but they always enhance the wrong things. Most people don't care about the tracht.
If you see all the requests (will I have the crew onboard my flight?) here I do not think that "no one cares", we Germans (including me!) are sometimes very unwell with all this tracht and so on, but I think it is a nice idea. And a lot of people seems to like it!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Trinick
If you see all the requests (will I have the crew onboard my flight?) here I do not think that "no one cares", we Germans (including me!) are sometimes very unwell with all this tracht and so on, but I think it is a nice idea. And a lot of people seems to like it!
I didn't say "no one cares", but most people won't care.

Most frequent flyers will rather have a regular salt and pepper streuer than such tracht.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:29 am

Do the maths: what is more expensive? Regular "Salz & Pfeffer - Streuer" year around or two weeks of flight crews in Tracht on selected routes?

Nobody asked what is more important or appreciated by the pax...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Do the maths: what is more expensive? Regular "Salz & Pfeffer - Streuer" year around or two weeks of flight crews in Tracht on selected routes?

I'm sure LH paid some highly paid marketing guys about 200.000€ to find out - then stopped their presentation in the middle when the results weren't what LH expected, and they hired a more "smart" marketing company to get the results done in the way LH expected it
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I'm sure LH paid some highly paid marketing guys about 200.000€ to find out - then stopped their presentation in the middle when the results weren't what LH expected, and they hired a more "smart" marketing company to get the results done in the way LH expected it
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by supermasterphil

The interkont C meal (and trays) will change completely starting November this year, bringing back the S&P plus (gasp) a real wine glass

The trachten outfits have been issued to 13 FAs, which also do PR events in MUC. So I think the damage is well contained and probably paid from some marketing cost center in MUC.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:41 am

Lufthansa Trachten team to debut on MUC-CLT

LH announced (press release this A.M.) their 2012 Trachten Flight crew will be on Sept 28's flight from MUC to CLT (lh428) and return next day on LH 429.

They'll be debuting this year's dirndl costume. Male attendants will have lederhosen for first time.

Also will fly on MUC-HKG and MUC-NYC routes during oktoberfest

UPDATE: They will be flying from MUC to EWR on September 21's LH412 as well.

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Sep 18, 2012 at 11:49 am
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Hmmm I assume this is not the "Bruno" lederhosen that the male FA's will be debuting with...

Or maybe that is just for F pax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.